Page 1 of 3 [ 41 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2019, 7:31 pm

Trump!!
Trump tweets quote calling him the "second coming of God" to Jews in Israel

Quote:
Less than a day after President Donald Trump outraged many members of the Jewish community for his comments about their loyalty, he tweeted out the claim that Israeli Jews view him as the "second coming of God."

In a series of tweets Wednesday morning, Mr. Trump quoted conservative radio host and known conspiracy theorist Wayne Allyn Root, who practically declared the president the Messiah during his show Tuesday night.

Quoting Root's tweet, Mr. Trump shared the message that he is "the greatest President for Jews and for Israel in the history of the world," that "the Jewish people in Israel love him like he's the King of Israel" and even that "They love him like he is the second coming of God."

Root is a self-described "Jew turned evangelical Christian" and the author of a 2015 book titled "Angry White Male: How the Donald Trump Phenomenon Is Changing America," which had a forward by now-indicted Trump associate Roger Stone.

Root is also known for promoting bogus right-wing conspiracy theories. He attended Columbia University while Barack Obama was also studying there, then later falsely claimed that Mr. Obama did not actually attend the school. More recently, he falsely said on Twitter that the 2017 mass shooting in Las Vegas, which killed 58 people, was an act of Muslim terrorism. The gunman was not Muslim and investigators were unable to determine a motive.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2019, 1:50 am

Let's hope that Trump doesn't ride any horses in Israel otherwise he will fulfil the old testament prophecy for the end of times :lol:

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2019, 3:37 am

Trump has been referring to himself as "the Chosen One" as of late. I think he's actually buying into this sh*t!

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2019, 4:15 am

Maybe he really is the Antichrist.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2019, 4:17 am

EzraS wrote:
Maybe he really is the Antichrist.

I normally don't agree with you on a lot of stuff, but you're probably right about that.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2019, 6:34 am

The mystic Baba Vanga (who has a an accurate track record for predicting world events) predicts Trump will be proceeded by only one more president.
A "messianic personality", who will be faced with a crisis (probably left by Trump) that eventually "brings the country down"

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2019, 7:01 am

So who is the messianic personality? Biden, Warren, Sanders? Or someone we have not heard of yet because Trump will pull off a second term?

Donald Morton
Toucan
Toucan

22 Aug 2019, 7:25 am

Look no further for the Anti-Christ. The Orange one has arrived!

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2019, 7:29 am

cyberdad wrote:
The mystic Baba Vanga (who has a an accurate track record for predicting world events) predicts Trump will be proceeded by only one more president.
A "messianic personality", who will be faced with a crisis (probably left by Trump) that eventually "brings the country down"

Pence?

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2019, 7:56 am

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2019, 7:59 am

I wonder how the average Israeli “person on the street” views Trump.

Bravo5150
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2019, 8:14 am

kraftiekortie wrote:

Not sure, do you think Trump will get Eddie Murphy to perform a certain song from one of his old SNL skits at a NYC rally?

madbutnotmad
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2019, 8:25 am

You got to love it all. Politics in our era is like watching big brother on TV.
All entertainment really. With a political edge.

I guess the entertainment industry has always been combined with politics.

Its just that the entertainment industry was more of a brainwashing propaganda platform.
However, now that the world is addicted to entertainment.

It appears that the balance has swung over the other way, with the emphasis on entertainment
being primary with the political agenda behind, in politics.

I guess people's attention spans are too short to listen to real politics, so the people who are taking over now
are like daft rich kid celebs. After all, who else could afford to even run for election or even have contacts to back you.

Personally speaking, if Mr Trump is the messiah and not a naughty boy that we envisage him to be.
Then we are all part of the greater number that watch from a far, as the world winds down before judgement.
So i guess we should all sit back and watch the fireworks.

But I guess that is a big "If"...
I like the idea of going to live in a self sufficient bunker with all the mod cons on the himalayas or perhaps even Mount Zion. where i can just watch everything go off from a safe distance, with a good collection of DVDS and console games to keep me entertained.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2019, 8:32 am

kraftiekortie wrote:

Support for Trump higher in Israel than almost any other nation: poll
Quote:
US President Donald Trump’s popularity is higher in Israel than almost any other nation, despite historic low approval ratings among other key American allies, results from a new survey by the Pew Research Center published Tuesday show.

The survey of America’s global image among 25 nations, including all of the United States leading European allies, shows Trump’s international approval rating plummeting amid widespread opposition to his administration’s policies and lack of confidence in his leadership.

The poll recorded historically low support for Trump among key allies including Britain, where only 28% of respondents said they had confidence in the US president, Canada (25%), and France and Germany where Trump’s confidence ratings stood below 10%.

But Israel stood out as an exception, where Trump’s popularity jumped to 69%, up from 56% in 2017 on the heels of a number of pro-Israel policy moves including the transfer of the US embassy from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem and the US withdrawal from the Iran nuclear deal.

The survey found that 82% of Jewish Israelis have confidence in Trump’s handling of global affairs while 94% of Jewish Israelis (but only 43% of Arab-Israelis) have a favorable view of the US in general (83% overall).

Trump had a higher confidence rating only in the Philippines, where 78% of respondents viewed the president favorably. Israel was tied with the Philippines for the highest overall rating for the current administration at 83%.

Israelis, by contrast, are “more likely than any other public surveyed to say the US is doing more to address global problems than a few years ago” and Israel “tops the list in terms of the share of the public – 79 percent – saying that relations with the U.S. have improved in the past year.”

Trump’s favorability rating in Israel (69%) is significantly higher than those of former US President Barack Obama at the end of his term in 2016, after he clashed with Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu over the Iran nuclear deal.

But Trump’s marks are lower than Obama’s peak favorability among Israelis (71% in 2014), before tensions rose with his administration. Trump’s confidence rating in Israel is also lower than that of former president George W. Bush which stood at 83% as he entered war in Iraq in 2003.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2019, 10:52 am

Do you think the region will quiet down once Palestine gets full international recognition?

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2019, 1:00 pm

Lets make a deal with Israel, and let Trump emigrate to Israel, and then Israel can and will elect him their head of state because that's the only country where he is popular. And then we can carry on without him.