Krishna Venta Fountain of the World Cult and Charles Manson

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

madbutnotmad
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2019, 8:59 pm

Hey, Just a quick note.
I was watching an episode of Mindhunter on Netflix, a dramatised series about the original criminal psychologists / behavioural science experts who developed their theories on serial killers in order to help the police then catch people who are serial killers.

And the episode had some info on about Charles Manson, including some scenes where they are interviewing him.
Now i have read a couple of books about Charles Manson, as i wanted to know and understand why so many people were obsessed with this guy, but i had never heard the fact that Charles Manson had copied a great deal of his hippy ideology from another cult that he had been looked after previously.

This cult was the Fountain of the World cult which was led by the then Cult Leader Krishna Venta,
up until he was killed by disgruntled followers who were disgusted about his behaviour (as legend has it).
Apparently two people suicide bombed him. And this was in 1958! not 1998!

That's what i found interesting anyway.

Although Charles Manson had a very eventful life, with a great deal of ups and down. He certainly got around.
At one point he was rubbing shoulders with Brian Wilson of the beach boys, and had met quiet a few Hollywood types.
But i guess he didn't fit in, and perhaps he wasn't at the level yet to be a rockstar. Although perhaps with some guidance and practice, he may have created something of worth.

Funny really, that quiet a few murderous people were just frustrated artists.
Adolf Hitler was also a frustrated artists, and had been turned down by art college while he struggled to earn his keep in prewar Germany. So, because people crapped on him, i guess he decided to crap on everyone else.

But there ya go.

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2019, 9:11 pm

I just finished season 2 tonight

What did you reckon about Holden ?

He seemed a little aspie to me ? ( although the only autistic charachter was Trench's kid )

Have you seen Aquarius , that was about Manson although with a lot of artistic license

Charles Manson was a member of the Fountain of the world

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard