Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

KikiKitty678
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

24 Aug 2019, 7:53 pm

I don’t usually get cold indoors, but restaurants really blast that air! I always forget to bring jackets or wear long pants in summer because most places don’t overdo it too badly with the air—except restaurants!

Going to a restaurant in summer would be much nicer with a blanket. Of course, if I just remembered a hoodie...but if you forget one, they need to have blankets handy.

Fireblossom
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2019, 2:42 am

Nah, that'd cause the restaurants lots of extra work for hygiene reasons... or at least it would here, not sure how strict rules restaurants have to follow where you're from.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

25 Aug 2019, 4:21 am

Some restaurants here do, in their gardens.
Overzealous AC is not the issue in my country, not every local has any AC at all.

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2019, 9:51 pm

I hate wearing shorts and being too hot, so I appreciate the restaurants being air-conditioned in summer. My mom is more sensitive to the cold, however. I hardly ever complain about the cold, but she does and so most other people, it seems. :|

blue_bean
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2019, 8:08 am

I swear I've been to a restaurant before that had complimentary throw rugs for people dining there, and that was in Australia where it doesn't really get that cold.

Cavycat
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

15 Oct 2019, 5:07 pm

I think this affect is in most US chain stores, and even a few mom and pop places. I need a bulky sweater just to go grocery shopping in the summer, and I'm very sensitive to cold.