Page 2 of 2 [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

B19
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2019, 6:32 am

I support everything Amity wrote. Please also remember that AS people generally have very good long term memory, better than the "typicals", though short term memory is not our forte. As following verbal instructions requires good short term memory, its the typicals who are good at it. So no, you are not stupid and it doesn't mean you have auditory processing disorder. You are a perfectly made not-typical person :)

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2019, 6:49 am

I feel like should your stepdaughter place your fingers on the proper numbers either touchscreen or keyboard, that you will get it after 1 or 2 tries.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2019, 8:30 am

It's phenomenal that a person from the UK would follow baseball enough to know about the 1962 Mets.

I do remember, as a little kid, in 1970, watching Manchester City play a championship "football" match in Wembley Stadium. The name "Wembley" is still very memorable to me.

I don't think you're the type to only win 40 games, and lose 120.

Last edited by kraftiekortie on 27 Aug 2019, 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

firemonkey
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2019, 8:53 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
It's phenomenal that a person from the UK would follow baseball enough to know about the 1962 Mets.

I do remember, as a little kid, maybe about 1969 to 1971, watching Manchester City play a championship "football" match in Wembley Stadium. The name "Wembley" is still very memorable to me.

I don't think you're the type to only win 40 games, and lose 120.

I lived in San Francisco from 1965- 1968. I collected a lot of those Topps baseball cards while there. All lost when my father sold the family home, ironically to start a post in Atlanta .

I've lost a lot of the knowledge I had about baseball in the 50+ years since living in SF.

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2019, 8:57 am

I agree. Let her show you how.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2019, 9:29 am

How did you like living in San Francisco----and the US in general? Do you find it much different from UK living?

You were in San Francisco in the heyday of the Giants----Willie Mays and Willie McCovey.

I wouldn't mind living in one of those little flats in the UK---especially one near a park.

Meistersinger
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2019, 9:40 am

firemonkey wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:
Do you know your ATM password?

All you have to do is type in the password, then press "enter."

Then enter how much money you want to take out.

I know my 4 digit pin number , and have no difficulty using a non touch screen cash machine . The touch screen one outside Sainsburys though really flummoxed me .

They work pretty much the same way the on- screen keyboards on a smart phone or a tablet work.

firemonkey
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2019, 9:45 am

It was OK . Even then there was more choice than there was in the UK. 5 tv channels was a luxury compared to the UK . Food choices were greater too . I was only there during the school holidays as I was at boarding school in England . That was the done thing for children of diplomats .

firemonkey
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2019, 12:14 pm

Quote:
Touch screen technology has become very popular. The market for iphones ipads and android have really taken off. There are many advantages to this technology. The main reason I purchased my touch screen phone is because I can turn it into a wifi hotspot. Not having an internet connection at home this was a major advantage.I also love the fact that I can change the language on my keyboard just by sliding a button across. I am trying to teach myself French and like many european languages it requires accents that our keyboards don’t have. Accessing email and facebook is much quicker on a touch screen phone. My phone stores multiple email accounts. For most people touch screen technology is quicker and easier but when you have dyspraxia it isnt always that simple.

Hitting the right key on a touch screen takes fine motor skills. The phone key pad is very small and I often hit the wrong key. Sometimes I will hit the wrong key over and over again. Then when I try to backspace to rewrite it I miss the back space button. It is very frustrating.

http://livingwithdyspraxia.com/general/ ... een-phone/

Not a cash machine , but how touch screen technology can be difficult for some.

BenderRodriguez
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2019, 1:00 pm

auntblabby wrote:
i useta hafta write instructions out for my late mother. i write instructions out for meself as well.

A while ago, a colleague gave me a positive review that said "he's the only lead that takes notes in meetings and they're not BS or doodling" :lol:

It's so easy to get distracted or overwhelmed when people talk...

BenderRodriguez
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2019, 1:02 pm

BTW, you're not stupid, firemonkey, ask your daughter to show you and you'll get used to it :)

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2019, 1:43 am

firemonkey wrote:
touch screen technology can be difficult for some.

me also, i can't use things like apple ipads because my fingers just don't register on the screen.

firemonkey
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2019, 4:37 am

My stepdaughter at about 8-9 PM last night had just come off a 38 hour shift with 2 hours sleep within that. That's how dedicated a care worker can be . I'll wait a little while before reminding her of my difficulty with these touch screen cash machines .

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2019, 4:50 am

^^^IMHO your daughter has got what we call "true grit." to work 38 hours straight is unimaginably tough.