Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2019, 10:19 pm

Steve Bannon: If There Is Another Tiananmen in Hong Kong, the CCP Will Collapse

Editorial: We can only hope.

Quote:
At the height of the Hong Kong pro-democracy demonstration and the crossroads of the U.S.-China trade talks, Zooming In host Simone Gao interviewed former White House Chief Strategist Steve Bannon. They discussed Hong Kong’s future, what’s next for the U.S.-China trade war, the stakes for all parties, and above all, the nature of this grand conflict. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xDQs5M7lHw

https://youtu.be/_xDQs5M7lHw

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2019, 11:03 pm

The problem will be economic pressure -- the strain on the Chinese economy is getting significant. But it's hard to see how the CCP could lose control of the mainland. I haven't followed this in great detail -- have the HK protests spread to the mainland?

There Are Four Lights!

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2019, 7:48 pm

Darmok wrote:
The problem will be economic pressure -- the strain on the Chinese economy is getting significant. But it's hard to see how the CCP could lose control of the mainland. I haven't followed this in great detail -- have the HK protests spread to the mainland?

This is the fear.
And there seems to be a global hardening of position/attitude against the CCP thuggery.
The problem of "appeasement" is at the forefront of many people's minds.

Bannon suggests global opinion is why the CCP has backed off on their intimidation against Hong Kong.
A significant development since "saving face" is extremely important in the Chinese cultural mind-set.
I know it was a long video but did you watch it?

Steve Bannon is a recent find,
And a good one.

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2019, 9:26 pm

^ Only the first couple of minutes. I'm not good with long videos.

I haven't really followed Bannon since he got ejected way back in the early period, but it was obvious he was pretty smart because he was one of the first ones the media decided had to be destroyed at all costs.

Ex-Navy Commander as I recall.

There Are Four Lights!