ISFP 2%  2%  [ 3 ]
ESTP 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
ESFP 2%  2%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 127

Lost_dragon
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2020, 7:04 pm

Usually INTP or INFP, I tend to say INTP whenever I'm asked. Although someone did once tell me that I struck them as an INTJ.

However, the Myers-Briggs system is flawed. Any system trying to sort people into such restrictive categories, yet vague enough to apply to most, is bound to be. It's still somewhat entertaining to discuss though. Sometimes I take quizzes like these from the imagined perspective of my characters to see how they differ from me.

A few friends who took the same quiz got similar results. An INFP, ENFP, and a INTJ. I've noticed that my friend group in general has a lot more introverts than extroverts.

The trouble with defining our personalities in such a way is that it implies they are set in stone. Yet we are in a constant state of change. We view ourselves as our true selves, and any past development as moments which have lead up to our final/complete version. Yet we lack foresight. There is no absolute guaranteed method of predicting what we will be like in ten years. I'll most likely look back when I'm thirty on my twenty year old self and cringe. However, this rate of change does gradually slow down once you get to a certain age.

I suppose that's why personality is so difficult to define. Our experiences and predispositions can shape us in unexpected ways. As humans, we want labels and categories in order to make sense of the world. That's understandable. People differ from each other in fascinating ways, alongside sharing similarities. I guess the best we can do is gain an understanding of who we (and the people around us) are currently, but keep in mind that personalities can gradually shift and change like clay being moulded on a pottery wheel.

Anyway, I should stop procrastinating on my essay. :lol:

livingwithautism
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2020, 7:53 pm

INTJ.

pyrrhicwren
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2020, 12:46 am

Lost_dragon wrote:
Usually INTP or INFP, I tend to say INTP whenever I'm asked. Although someone did once tell me that I struck them as an INTJ.

However, the Myers-Briggs system is flawed. Any system trying to sort people into such restrictive categories, yet vague enough to apply to most, is bound to be. It's still somewhat entertaining to discuss though. Sometimes I take quizzes like these from the imagined perspective of my characters to see how they differ from me.

A few friends who took the same quiz got similar results. An INFP, ENFP, and a INTJ. I've noticed that my friend group in general has a lot more introverts than extroverts.

The trouble with defining our personalities in such a way is that it implies they are set in stone. Yet we are in a constant state of change. We view ourselves as our true selves, and any past development as moments which have lead up to our final/complete version. Yet we lack foresight. There is no absolute guaranteed method of predicting what we will be like in ten years. I'll most likely look back when I'm thirty on my twenty year old self and cringe. However, this rate of change does gradually slow down once you get to a certain age.

I suppose that's why personality is so difficult to define. Our experiences and predispositions can shape us in unexpected ways. As humans, we want labels and categories in order to make sense of the world. That's understandable. People differ from each other in fascinating ways, alongside sharing similarities. I guess the best we can do is gain an understanding of who we (and the people around us) are currently, but keep in mind that personalities can gradually shift and change like clay being moulded on a pottery wheel.

Anyway, I should stop procrastinating on my essay. :lol:

Very true. It can appears like condensed one-dimensional generalities making it is easier to understand people. Although some are near perfect explanation. Too, the fact that people are constantly changing in life doesn't mean the classification will fit a year from now. Mine has changed over the years although I will always be an introvert. I used to know a guy from Puerto Rico that mentioned this about 20 years ago. He said that him and his wife were completely 2 different people from who they were when they got married.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2020, 12:52 am

IXXX-X. :lol:

The only thing that was just clear and consistent was that I'm an ambivert who just so happened to be lean towards introversion as far as 60-40.
As opposed to the rest of the traits, which goes with 50-50 or inconsistently swing between 60-40 leaning either traits.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

Erewhon
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2020, 7:43 am

'INTP'

If I consider every detail, leave no nuances unnoticed, I conclude that there are as many personalities as there are numbers of people on planet Earth.
In this context, dividing more than 7 billion people into only 16 boxes is extremely scant. I would say almost an insult to the individual. To compare the results of an MBTI test with a horoscope or other oculte things like like prayer healers is going too far.
The test is coarse-meshed, and I also view the results coarsely-meshed. That they have thrown everyone together with something of autism by stamping the ASD is similarly coarse. Now I have to say that people with autism are not 7 billion individuals. I digress, back to that MBTI test.
You have fingerspitzengefühl, and you have the flat hand feeling, the test floats somewhere in between.
Have heard the bell ringing, but do not know whether that clock strikes in the church living room or sports canteen. The fact that there are a lot of ifs and buts on this test does not alter the fact that you can still do this test. Every time I came to INTP, I can make PINT from the letters INTP, and since the quetiapine I no longer drink pint :) .
All those personalities of this test often mention famous persons, yet typical that they only name people who are seen as positive.
Which MBTI would Klaus Barbie, Ariel Sharon, Pol Pot, Jeffry Epstein or other lurid types fall?
According to Dick Swaab, your brain seems to grow until you are about 24 years old. And you have to do it with that.
You don't always have to be that way, someone can get a tumor in their brain at a later age, and getting that tumor can also change your personality.
In very very very large lines, I can agree with the results of INTP.

I just read somewhere that INTP see thinking as an activity, a kind of working. I agree with that.
A self-employed person who thinks/works, but i don't want some personnel around me to outsource the thinking.

livingwithautism
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2020, 10:35 am

Mayhemmed wrote:
Mine is intj, I wonder how many % of you share the same...

I’m INTJ and an extreme introvert.

Pieplup
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2020, 1:00 pm

ISTJ-A, A few years ago I got INFJ-A but that was during a manic episode so. Also INTJ-A

usagibryan
Toucan
Toucan

17 Jul 2020, 1:41 pm

I usually get INTJ, although I've gotten a different one before, INFJ I think, probably when I took the test in an idealistic mood.

They say INTJ is super rare yet whenever I see online discussions about this test everyone says INTJ. Even in this poll almost half of the respondents are INTJ. Why? Is this an internet thing? An aspie thing?

"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far. The sciences, each straining in its own direction, have hitherto harmed us little; but some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the deadly light into the peace and safety of a new dark age"

eyelessshiver
Toucan
Toucan

17 Jul 2020, 1:46 pm

INTJ-T, Enneagram 5w6, sx/sp.

About INTJ rarity in general population versus on here, it must be both an internet and aspie thing...INTP as well is rare.

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2020, 1:57 pm

What on gods green earth does all of this mean,I have never heard of this in my life :roll:

Lilinoe
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

17 Jul 2020, 2:34 pm

INTJ.
Isn't INTJ supposed to be the rarest MBTI type? Yet, half the people around here are INTJ's. The rest seem to be close.
For once in my life, I think I've found the right place.

Pieplup
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2020, 2:51 pm

usagibryan wrote:
I usually get INTJ, although I've gotten a different one before, INFJ I think, probably when I took the test in an idealistic mood.

They say INTJ is super rare yet whenever I see online discussions about this test everyone says INTJ. Even in this poll almost half of the respondents are INTJ. Why? Is this an internet thing? An aspie thing?

IT seems most aspies are INTJ or INTP. The Introversion cause most autistic people seem to be introverted.
as for Thinking versus feeling I think it's because, Autistic people tend to not be very well intouch with their emotions. So Thinking vs Feeling. I think it's because of autistic people not being very aware of their emotions a lot of times. As for why Judging versus Percieving is more popular not sure. As for neurotypical people it's possible that it's possible that the people who were drawn to the forum are a larger percent of INTJs.

warrier120
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2020, 7:13 pm

I either get INTP-T or ISTP-T on tests.

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2020, 10:54 pm

vermontsavant wrote:
What on gods green earth does all of this mean,I have never heard of this in my life :roll:

I'm with you - WTF??

Pieplup
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2020, 11:04 pm

Dear_one wrote:
vermontsavant wrote:

I'm with you - WTF??
You can take the test here.

conundrum
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2020, 11:42 pm

Most of the time, INFJ-T. I have also typed as INTJ and INFP.

so that the people say,
'It happened of its own accord.' -Tao Te Ching, Verse 17