What happens if you cut a mosquito bite?

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2019, 8:42 am

I have a few mosquito bites on my legs, and this morning I was shaving my legs and accidentally shaved right through a mosquito bite that was on the back of my leg where I can't see properly. It bled like anything. Being so the mosquito bite was itchy, cutting through it didn't hurt, it just immediately stopped the itch.
After I had cleared up the blood, I put some cream on it and covered it with a plaster (band aid).

I tried looking on Google what happens if you accidentally cut a mosquito bite open but it didn't give me any answers as usual, so I thought I'd ask here. Will I be OK?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2019, 8:48 am

Probably nothing.

Wash the wound in soap and water, then put some rubbing alcohol or hydrogen peroxide on it. Then bandage it.

99.9% of the time it's no big deal.

Usually, I just leave it alone. I don't bother with the above. The above is when you really want to "make sure."

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2019, 10:58 am

Oh yes, I did wash the area with soap and water first, also to wash the blood away because the bottom part of my leg was covered in blood.

I think I shaved the mosquito bite right off.

TheOther
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

29 Aug 2019, 11:09 am

It is no different from cutting yourself anywhere else. The skin around the bit is just normal skin that is swollen in response to the bite.

racheypie666
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2019, 11:29 am

Lots of insect bites here and truly terrible at shaving my legs.

Treat it like a normal wound, you'll be fine.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2019, 11:34 am

Your whole leg will turn into a stiff blackish green fetid mass, before simply falling off of you, and onto the floor with a thud. And then it will open up, and a million juvenile mosquitos will come flying out.

But besides that you will be okay. Its not that hard to make do with only one leg. :D

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2019, 11:47 am

Ah, this takes me back to my leg shaving days.

Oscar Meyer Lansky

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2019, 11:55 am

naturalplastic wrote:
Your whole leg will turn into a stiff blackish green fetid mass, before simply falling off of you, and onto the floor with a thud. And then it will open up, and a million juvenile mosquitos will come flying out.

But besides that you will be okay. Its not that hard to make do with only one leg. :D

I could learn to hop. :lol:

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

31 Aug 2019, 9:08 pm

I had bad skin eczema as a kid & would often scratch till I bled & I also scratched mosquito & red/fire ant bites till they bled(mosquitoes & red ants are BAD in Louisiana). I always just dealt with them by cleaning up the blood & holding something against the wound til the bleeding stopped. The sores would eventually go away if I left them alone instead of scratching them when they itched while healing.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2019, 10:51 pm

According to experience, nothing.

I've done worse in my younger days, when I was so sensory intolerant to many things. Scratched mosquito bites and all sorts of itches so hard, it bleeds and got bigger and worse out of compulsion. It left quite a few scars I've used to be really embarrassed about.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.