Trump wants to deport people here for medical reasons.

Page 46 of 46 [ 683 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 42, 43, 44, 45, 46

cubedemon6073
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 7 Nov 2008
Age: 40
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,353

03 Oct 2019, 11:55 pm

EzraS wrote:
cubedemon6073 wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Just remember if you don't get a job because of alcohol and illegal drug use, it's not your fault and could not have been prevented by personal responsibility.


Again, an overly simplistic response. What you say is true but not always true.

https://www.verywellmind.com/what-is-au ... rome-22478

The problem with those who have thinking similar to yours, LoveNotHate is that you all have a tendency to oversimplify the situation and make conclusions w/o seriously investigating the matter.

1 + 1 =2. The answer is 2 and that settles it.

Just b/c it sounds like a duck, looks like a duck, is it really a f*****g duck? I say maybe but why can't we peek under the hood to check it out?

Our minds and senses can be fooled Ezra. What may seem to be true may not be so.


You are the one who is interjecting the word "always". I did not say always, you did. You said it and are basically claiming that I said it, which I did not. The word I would use is, usually. However what is usually the truth does not cancel out the exception to the rule.



I think I see the problem.

I have a question.

When someone says X is true do they mean all X is true absolutely or do they mean that usually X is true?



EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Sep 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 23,561
Location: Twin Peaks

04 Oct 2019, 6:39 am

cubedemon6073 wrote:
EzraS wrote:
cubedemon6073 wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Just remember if you don't get a job because of alcohol and illegal drug use, it's not your fault and could not have been prevented by personal responsibility.


Again, an overly simplistic response. What you say is true but not always true.

https://www.verywellmind.com/what-is-au ... rome-22478

The problem with those who have thinking similar to yours, LoveNotHate is that you all have a tendency to oversimplify the situation and make conclusions w/o seriously investigating the matter.

1 + 1 =2. The answer is 2 and that settles it.

Just b/c it sounds like a duck, looks like a duck, is it really a f*****g duck? I say maybe but why can't we peek under the hood to check it out?

Our minds and senses can be fooled Ezra. What may seem to be true may not be so.


You are the one who is interjecting the word "always". I did not say always, you did. You said it and are basically claiming that I said it, which I did not. The word I would use is, usually. However what is usually the truth does not cancel out the exception to the rule.



I think I see the problem.

I have a question.

When someone says X is true do they mean all X is true absolutely or do they mean that usually X is true?


Even if X is true 99.9999999% of the time it is not an absolute.



cubedemon6073
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 7 Nov 2008
Age: 40
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,353

06 Oct 2019, 5:41 am

EzraS wrote:
cubedemon6073 wrote:
EzraS wrote:
cubedemon6073 wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Just remember if you don't get a job because of alcohol and illegal drug use, it's not your fault and could not have been prevented by personal responsibility.


Again, an overly simplistic response. What you say is true but not always true.

https://www.verywellmind.com/what-is-au ... rome-22478

The problem with those who have thinking similar to yours, LoveNotHate is that you all have a tendency to oversimplify the situation and make conclusions w/o seriously investigating the matter.

1 + 1 =2. The answer is 2 and that settles it.

Just b/c it sounds like a duck, looks like a duck, is it really a f*****g duck? I say maybe but why can't we peek under the hood to check it out?

Our minds and senses can be fooled Ezra. What may seem to be true may not be so.


You are the one who is interjecting the word "always". I did not say always, you did. You said it and are basically claiming that I said it, which I did not. The word I would use is, usually. However what is usually the truth does not cancel out the exception to the rule.



I think I see the problem.

I have a question.

When someone says X is true do they mean all X is true absolutely or do they mean that usually X is true?


Even if X is true 99.9999999% of the time it is not an absolute.


Fair enough!

Only thing though is what happens when the 0.0000001% actually does occur? And what are conservatives reactions to it?

My experience: I don't know about your experience or other people's experiences in general but mine is this. Conservatives treat the 0.0000001% case as part of the 99.9999999%. They'll say that I should've been more responsible, known better, do better research, etc, etc. Or, a good one is if I make an F on a test and I studied my ass off their response is I should've studied or studied better. Or, I should've taken better notes or been more organized. But, what if I did? These are just ancedotal examples. Or, I left my wallet in the car, someone breaks into the car and it is stolen. In their mind I should never been so careless.

No matter what I should've been more responsible. No matter the circumstances. With conservatives there are no extenuating circumstances or exceptions whatsoever. Personal responsibility and choice is absolute in their mind based upon the experiences of those who I dealt with from my teachers, to employers I had to even those online.

I think when it comes to the millennials, college degree, unemployment and student loans and when it comes to those with our disorder (autism, aspergers, etc) certain extenuating circumstances should be given.

I also think when it comes to those who were smuggled here when they were children they should not be treated as illegal immigrants but granted certain exceptions.



EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Sep 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 23,561
Location: Twin Peaks

06 Oct 2019, 6:12 am

cubedemon6073 wrote:
EzraS wrote:
cubedemon6073 wrote:
EzraS wrote:
cubedemon6073 wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Just remember if you don't get a job because of alcohol and illegal drug use, it's not your fault and could not have been prevented by personal responsibility.


Again, an overly simplistic response. What you say is true but not always true.

https://www.verywellmind.com/what-is-au ... rome-22478

The problem with those who have thinking similar to yours, LoveNotHate is that you all have a tendency to oversimplify the situation and make conclusions w/o seriously investigating the matter.

1 + 1 =2. The answer is 2 and that settles it.

Just b/c it sounds like a duck, looks like a duck, is it really a f*****g duck? I say maybe but why can't we peek under the hood to check it out?

Our minds and senses can be fooled Ezra. What may seem to be true may not be so.


You are the one who is interjecting the word "always". I did not say always, you did. You said it and are basically claiming that I said it, which I did not. The word I would use is, usually. However what is usually the truth does not cancel out the exception to the rule.



I think I see the problem.

I have a question.

When someone says X is true do they mean all X is true absolutely or do they mean that usually X is true?


Even if X is true 99.9999999% of the time it is not an absolute.


Fair enough!

Only thing though is what happens when the 0.0000001% actually does occur? And what are conservatives reactions to it?

My experience: I don't know about your experience or other people's experiences in general but mine is this. Conservatives treat the 0.0000001% case as part of the 99.9999999%. They'll say that I should've been more responsible, known better, do better research, etc, etc. Or, a good one is if I make an F on a test and I studied my ass off their response is I should've studied or studied better. Or, I should've taken better notes or been more organized. But, what if I did? These are just ancedotal examples. Or, I left my wallet in the car, someone breaks into the car and it is stolen. In their mind I should never been so careless.

No matter what I should've been more responsible. No matter the circumstances. With conservatives there are no extenuating circumstances or exceptions whatsoever. Personal responsibility and choice is absolute in their mind based upon the experiences of those who I dealt with from my teachers, to employers I had to even those online.

I think when it comes to the millennials, college degree, unemployment and student loans and when it comes to those with our disorder (autism, aspergers, etc) certain extenuating circumstances should be given.

I also think when it comes to those who were smuggled here when they were children they should not be treated as illegal immigrants but granted certain exceptions.


What evidence do you have that, "with conservatives there are no extenuating circumstances or exceptions whatsoever" is factual?



cubedemon6073
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 7 Nov 2008
Age: 40
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,353

06 Oct 2019, 6:40 am

EzraS wrote:
cubedemon6073 wrote:
EzraS wrote:
cubedemon6073 wrote:
EzraS wrote:
cubedemon6073 wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Just remember if you don't get a job because of alcohol and illegal drug use, it's not your fault and could not have been prevented by personal responsibility.


Again, an overly simplistic response. What you say is true but not always true.

https://www.verywellmind.com/what-is-au ... rome-22478

The problem with those who have thinking similar to yours, LoveNotHate is that you all have a tendency to oversimplify the situation and make conclusions w/o seriously investigating the matter.

1 + 1 =2. The answer is 2 and that settles it.

Just b/c it sounds like a duck, looks like a duck, is it really a f*****g duck? I say maybe but why can't we peek under the hood to check it out?

Our minds and senses can be fooled Ezra. What may seem to be true may not be so.


You are the one who is interjecting the word "always". I did not say always, you did. You said it and are basically claiming that I said it, which I did not. The word I would use is, usually. However what is usually the truth does not cancel out the exception to the rule.



I think I see the problem.

I have a question.

When someone says X is true do they mean all X is true absolutely or do they mean that usually X is true?


Even if X is true 99.9999999% of the time it is not an absolute.


Fair enough!

Only thing though is what happens when the 0.0000001% actually does occur? And what are conservatives reactions to it?

My experience: I don't know about your experience or other people's experiences in general but mine is this. Conservatives treat the 0.0000001% case as part of the 99.9999999%. They'll say that I should've been more responsible, known better, do better research, etc, etc. Or, a good one is if I make an F on a test and I studied my ass off their response is I should've studied or studied better. Or, I should've taken better notes or been more organized. But, what if I did? These are just ancedotal examples. Or, I left my wallet in the car, someone breaks into the car and it is stolen. In their mind I should never been so careless.

No matter what I should've been more responsible. No matter the circumstances. With conservatives there are no extenuating circumstances or exceptions whatsoever. Personal responsibility and choice is absolute in their mind based upon the experiences of those who I dealt with from my teachers, to employers I had to even those online.

I think when it comes to the millennials, college degree, unemployment and student loans and when it comes to those with our disorder (autism, aspergers, etc) certain extenuating circumstances should be given.

I also think when it comes to those who were smuggled here when they were children they should not be treated as illegal immigrants but granted certain exceptions.


What evidence do you have that, "with conservatives there are no extenuating circumstances or exceptions whatsoever" is factual?


Read what I said in bold print.

What I said implies of those conservatives who I have encountered and dealt with. Of those who I have dealt with their behavior comes across to me both IRL and online comes across as though there are no extenuating circumstances or exceptions.

Let's talk about the idea of facts and evidence. Facts and Evidence can be open to one's interpretation and sometimes the interpretation can be biased. You're asking me for evidence. What constitutes legitimate evidence in your mind that is not doctored or biased in anyway. What sort of evidence am I expected to bring exactly?



cubedemon6073
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 7 Nov 2008
Age: 40
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,353

06 Oct 2019, 6:50 am

Ezra, you gave me a weird idea as to how to get some of my answers to some of my questions from others. You mentioned the concept of straw man. I just made a connection. If I ask questions of people (NTs) they usually don't answer but if I deliberately state a straw man people are willing to correct what I say.

You have answered through this exchange partly where I'm going wrong in interpreting what others. Most people when they say something don't mean the qualifier all. When they say X is true it doesn't mean all X is true but it means some or usually X is true. I will keep this mind.



EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Sep 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 23,561
Location: Twin Peaks

06 Oct 2019, 6:51 am

cubedemon6073 wrote:
EzraS wrote:
cubedemon6073 wrote:
EzraS wrote:
cubedemon6073 wrote:
EzraS wrote:
cubedemon6073 wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Just remember if you don't get a job because of alcohol and illegal drug use, it's not your fault and could not have been prevented by personal responsibility.


Again, an overly simplistic response. What you say is true but not always true.

https://www.verywellmind.com/what-is-au ... rome-22478

The problem with those who have thinking similar to yours, LoveNotHate is that you all have a tendency to oversimplify the situation and make conclusions w/o seriously investigating the matter.

1 + 1 =2. The answer is 2 and that settles it.

Just b/c it sounds like a duck, looks like a duck, is it really a f*****g duck? I say maybe but why can't we peek under the hood to check it out?

Our minds and senses can be fooled Ezra. What may seem to be true may not be so.


You are the one who is interjecting the word "always". I did not say always, you did. You said it and are basically claiming that I said it, which I did not. The word I would use is, usually. However what is usually the truth does not cancel out the exception to the rule.



I think I see the problem.

I have a question.

When someone says X is true do they mean all X is true absolutely or do they mean that usually X is true?


Even if X is true 99.9999999% of the time it is not an absolute.


Fair enough!

Only thing though is what happens when the 0.0000001% actually does occur? And what are conservatives reactions to it?

My experience: I don't know about your experience or other people's experiences in general but mine is this. Conservatives treat the 0.0000001% case as part of the 99.9999999%. They'll say that I should've been more responsible, known better, do better research, etc, etc. Or, a good one is if I make an F on a test and I studied my ass off their response is I should've studied or studied better. Or, I should've taken better notes or been more organized. But, what if I did? These are just ancedotal examples. Or, I left my wallet in the car, someone breaks into the car and it is stolen. In their mind I should never been so careless.

No matter what I should've been more responsible. No matter the circumstances. With conservatives there are no extenuating circumstances or exceptions whatsoever. Personal responsibility and choice is absolute in their mind based upon the experiences of those who I dealt with from my teachers, to employers I had to even those online.

I think when it comes to the millennials, college degree, unemployment and student loans and when it comes to those with our disorder (autism, aspergers, etc) certain extenuating circumstances should be given.

I also think when it comes to those who were smuggled here when they were children they should not be treated as illegal immigrants but granted certain exceptions.


What evidence do you have that, "with conservatives there are no extenuating circumstances or exceptions whatsoever" is factual?


Read what I said in bold print.

What I said implies of those conservatives who I have encountered and dealt with. Of those who I have dealt with their behavior comes across to me both IRL and online comes across as though there are no extenuating circumstances or exceptions.

Let's talk about the idea of facts and evidence. Facts and Evidence can be open to one's interpretation and sometimes the interpretation can be biased. You're asking me for evidence. What constitutes legitimate evidence in your mind that is not doctored or biased in anyway. What sort of evidence am I expected to bring exactly?


None. It was a rhetorical question. I know you are just making stuff up as you go along. I went along with it because it gives me something to do.



cubedemon6073
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 7 Nov 2008
Age: 40
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,353

06 Oct 2019, 7:02 am

EzraS wrote:
cubedemon6073 wrote:
EzraS wrote:
cubedemon6073 wrote:
EzraS wrote:
cubedemon6073 wrote:
EzraS wrote:
cubedemon6073 wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Just remember if you don't get a job because of alcohol and illegal drug use, it's not your fault and could not have been prevented by personal responsibility.


Again, an overly simplistic response. What you say is true but not always true.

https://www.verywellmind.com/what-is-au ... rome-22478

The problem with those who have thinking similar to yours, LoveNotHate is that you all have a tendency to oversimplify the situation and make conclusions w/o seriously investigating the matter.

1 + 1 =2. The answer is 2 and that settles it.

Just b/c it sounds like a duck, looks like a duck, is it really a f*****g duck? I say maybe but why can't we peek under the hood to check it out?

Our minds and senses can be fooled Ezra. What may seem to be true may not be so.


You are the one who is interjecting the word "always". I did not say always, you did. You said it and are basically claiming that I said it, which I did not. The word I would use is, usually. However what is usually the truth does not cancel out the exception to the rule.



I think I see the problem.

I have a question.

When someone says X is true do they mean all X is true absolutely or do they mean that usually X is true?


Even if X is true 99.9999999% of the time it is not an absolute.


Fair enough!

Only thing though is what happens when the 0.0000001% actually does occur? And what are conservatives reactions to it?

My experience: I don't know about your experience or other people's experiences in general but mine is this. Conservatives treat the 0.0000001% case as part of the 99.9999999%. They'll say that I should've been more responsible, known better, do better research, etc, etc. Or, a good one is if I make an F on a test and I studied my ass off their response is I should've studied or studied better. Or, I should've taken better notes or been more organized. But, what if I did? These are just ancedotal examples. Or, I left my wallet in the car, someone breaks into the car and it is stolen. In their mind I should never been so careless.

No matter what I should've been more responsible. No matter the circumstances. With conservatives there are no extenuating circumstances or exceptions whatsoever. Personal responsibility and choice is absolute in their mind based upon the experiences of those who I dealt with from my teachers, to employers I had to even those online.

I think when it comes to the millennials, college degree, unemployment and student loans and when it comes to those with our disorder (autism, aspergers, etc) certain extenuating circumstances should be given.

I also think when it comes to those who were smuggled here when they were children they should not be treated as illegal immigrants but granted certain exceptions.


What evidence do you have that, "with conservatives there are no extenuating circumstances or exceptions whatsoever" is factual?


Read what I said in bold print.

What I said implies of those conservatives who I have encountered and dealt with. Of those who I have dealt with their behavior comes across to me both IRL and online comes across as though there are no extenuating circumstances or exceptions.

Let's talk about the idea of facts and evidence. Facts and Evidence can be open to one's interpretation and sometimes the interpretation can be biased. You're asking me for evidence. What constitutes legitimate evidence in your mind that is not doctored or biased in anyway. What sort of evidence am I expected to bring exactly?


None. It was a rhetorical question. I know you are just making stuff up as you go along. I went along with it because it gives me something to do.


Ezra, you've inadvertently given me a certain insight into other people's communication I didn't get b4.