Trump wants to deport people here for medical reasons.

Page 42 of 43 [ 683 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 39, 40, 41, 42, 43  Next

cubedemon6073
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2019, 12:54 am

Quote:
I don't work in IT. I work in technical writing.

Quote:
From my perspective, it seems nearly impossible for an ASD person to make it at a common people face-to-face job.

No s**t!

Quote:
So, I would look at work-from-home jobs or trucking jobs.

I already tried looking for work from home jobs. I couldn't find any that was not spam or fake. Where are these work at home jobs at? As for trucking, I don't have the motor coordination, eye-to hand coordination, distance judgement to drive a truck. And, I did try to drive a utility truck for someone. It was difficult to drive.

Quote:
For example, in the US, there are work-from-home government jobs that require minimal experience/education.

Where? Don't tell me to look for myself. I did that. I couldn't find anything.

Quote:
For example, "Tax analyst" , work from home, and review tax forms.
https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/525673600

This requires one to be in the IRS already.

Quote:
There are numerous work-from-home customer service (answer call) jobs that likely don't require much education or experience.

a. I don't have the social skills to do this.

b. When people speak on the phone and in real life they sound like Charlie Brown's parents sometimes when they say wah wah wah.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2019, 12:57 am

cubedemon6073 wrote:
EzraS wrote:
cubedemon6073 wrote:
Quote:
Quite the contrary, you said it's not brought up because it makes people who believe we have control of our lives uncomfortable. And I provided examples of how it is brought up to inspire people to take control of their lives no matter what. To laugh death in the face.

Well, it seems like in the end death always gets the last laugh.

So, how is all that supposed to inspire someone exactly? In fact, it proves me right even more and it seems like not only am I right but it seems like those who believe this way suffer from cognitive dissonance.

Promote a belief system that says anyone and everyone who works hard do the right things can succeed and achieve the American dream. Yet, at the exact same time being told life is not fair and one is guaranteed nothing. But, ask people how both of these hold up at the same time there is all kinds of just dancing around the question as in the people who promote these things don't want to face the fact that we're not in as much control of our lives as we think we are. We as people like to think we have all of this control but we really don't. My conclusion is these folks have cognitive dissonance.

It simply bolils down to giving it your best shot.

You are the one I see coming up with, "anyone and everyone who works hard do the right things can succeed and achieve the American dream".

You say stuff that I have only heard you say, that you attribute it to others. Classic strawman.

It's more like if you want to achieve the American dream you're going to have to earn it, it's not going to just walk up bite you in ass and say " I'm here".

Sweet f*****g Jesus!

People don't have to say things word for word for it to be be true. There are things one is told that one is supposed to do to "earn the American dream both explicitly and implicitly" Certain obligations one is told one is told to do.

Have you never heard of a concept called inference?

https://www.dictionary.com/browse/inferring

Besides, earning is only a part of the story. One can "earn" as you call it but in the end others still have to be willing to give it to you. Employers have to be willing to hire you and if you're a business customers have to be willing to buy from you. You can fill out all the job applications, get all the degrees and certification, one wants, be as positive as one wants, make yourself more marketable as one wants, do good in school, behave in school, develop skills all you want etc, etc.

If I said the way to help prevent cavities is to brush your teeth, you would debunk it with your homespun philosophy.

Something like: Jebus f***ing H Crist on a crutch! That's not true people who brush their teeth still get cavities. It doesn't guarantee that you won't have to go to the dentist. Even though they say if you brush your teeth you'll never have any problems with them. And which toothpaste and which toothbrush works best? If you don't have that knowledge, then the claim that people who brush their teeth never get a single cavity falls apart. And who's to say cavities are a bad thing or not? So forth and so on.

cubedemon6073
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2019, 1:18 am

EzraS wrote:
cubedemon6073 wrote:
EzraS wrote:
cubedemon6073 wrote:
Quote:
Quite the contrary, you said it's not brought up because it makes people who believe we have control of our lives uncomfortable. And I provided examples of how it is brought up to inspire people to take control of their lives no matter what. To laugh death in the face.

Well, it seems like in the end death always gets the last laugh.

So, how is all that supposed to inspire someone exactly? In fact, it proves me right even more and it seems like not only am I right but it seems like those who believe this way suffer from cognitive dissonance.

Promote a belief system that says anyone and everyone who works hard do the right things can succeed and achieve the American dream. Yet, at the exact same time being told life is not fair and one is guaranteed nothing. But, ask people how both of these hold up at the same time there is all kinds of just dancing around the question as in the people who promote these things don't want to face the fact that we're not in as much control of our lives as we think we are. We as people like to think we have all of this control but we really don't. My conclusion is these folks have cognitive dissonance.

It simply bolils down to giving it your best shot.

You are the one I see coming up with, "anyone and everyone who works hard do the right things can succeed and achieve the American dream".

You say stuff that I have only heard you say, that you attribute it to others. Classic strawman.

It's more like if you want to achieve the American dream you're going to have to earn it, it's not going to just walk up bite you in ass and say " I'm here".

Sweet f*****g Jesus!

People don't have to say things word for word for it to be be true. There are things one is told that one is supposed to do to "earn the American dream both explicitly and implicitly" Certain obligations one is told one is told to do.

Have you never heard of a concept called inference?

https://www.dictionary.com/browse/inferring

Besides, earning is only a part of the story. One can "earn" as you call it but in the end others still have to be willing to give it to you. Employers have to be willing to hire you and if you're a business customers have to be willing to buy from you. You can fill out all the job applications, get all the degrees and certification, one wants, be as positive as one wants, make yourself more marketable as one wants, do good in school, behave in school, develop skills all you want etc, etc.

If I said the way to help prevent cavities is to brush your teeth, you would debunk it with your homespun philosophy.

Something like: Jebus f***ing H Christ on a crutch! That's not true people who brush their teeth still get cavities. It doesn't guarantee that you won't have to go to the dentist. Even though they say if you brush your teeth you'll never have any problems with them. And which toothpaste and which toothbrush works best? If you don't have that knowledge, then the claim that people who brush their teeth never get a single cavity falls apart. And who's to say cavities are a bad thing or not? So forth and so on.

Yet, the very first thing others think is one doesn't brush well enough. I'm not debunking brushing. I'm debunking the idea that it is always my fault or my decisions I made are the cause of my problems.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2019, 1:24 am

cubedemon6073 wrote:
I'm debunking the idea that it is always my fault or my decisions I made are the cause of my problems.

Even though you are the one who made that up.

cubedemon6073
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2019, 2:33 am

EzraS wrote:
cubedemon6073 wrote:
I'm debunking the idea that it is always my fault or my decisions I made are the cause of my problems.

Nope, I didn't make it up.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2019, 5:31 am

cubedemon6073 wrote:
EzraS wrote:
cubedemon6073 wrote:

Nope, I didn't make it up.

Sometimes, or maybe even often in some cases, but not always.

Virtually no one is going to apply an always clause to themselves when it comes to fault and decisions. I am sure even most conservatives know that things can go wrong even if one makes the right decision, or that bad things can happen to them through no fault of their own.

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2019, 6:38 am

cubedemon6073 wrote:

Here's a work-at-home job for you, "Tax technician"
https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/546789600

It's a starter job, yet still pays
Salary $14.66 to $21.32 per hour+ 5% 401k match and pension.

You just need two years of college, or two years of paid or non-paid general clerical experience.

They're hiring 209 people for this entry level job.

If overtime is available, you could be making 60k/yr + 5% match + pension.

cubedemon6073
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2019, 12:27 pm

LoveNotHate wrote:
cubedemon6073 wrote:

You just need two years of college, or two years of paid or non-paid general clerical experience.

Cool Beans! I'll have to take a gander at it.

One thing, I am surprised they don't do drug testing though. I thought the feds did drug testing.

Don't illicit drugs impair performance?

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2019, 2:49 pm

EzraS wrote:
sly279 wrote:
EzraS wrote:
sly279 wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
That's a right wing myth your side started telling, then fell for.
So the remaining evil Koch brother who now has a plan to end food stamps and medicaid isn't the wealthy elite?
Are you serious the right isn't going to hold you in contempt for needing help? And without those rich Democrats you attack, just who's going to fight for those in need? I can tell you right now, certainly not the right.
Now I'm going to bed. I have to donate plasma in the morning.

Nope, unlike you I have not been indoctrinated and I have not been sucked in by any side. The wealthy elite are the wealthy elite, including the ones conning you to trust and be entirely dependent upon them. Yeah I don't think the right holds those who are significantly disabled in contempt. Just those who are mooching off the system. The only difference is the democrats want everyone suckling off the government tit.

The thing is, plenty on the right believe the disabled can still work, thus are moochers, and/or think said disabled should either be cared for their families, or just die.
I have never seen any evidence that the right is caring about anyone save for the wealthy elite and big business.

Many disabled can and do work. Despite my severe disabilities, if I can work I will. It really has to do with attitude. There are those who seek handouts and those who are stuck with handouts they don't want but have to take. Those who can only dream of being as able bodied as many who seek handouts. What you see is in accordance with your indoctrination.

I can’t work more then I currently am and it’s a lot for me, stressful every day.
Many can’t work or can’t work many hours, able body has nothing to do with it.

What I mean by able bodied are those who are able but not willing. You like me are willing but are unable.

Physically while out of shape I’m able bodied.
My issues are mental and conservatives say mental issues are just fake and excuse for laziness. Most I’ve talked to don’t consider autism, adhd, pstd, or anxiety real. Unless it’s a veteran with pstd.

My current work is exhausting mentally I go every day afraid I’ll be fired. The stress and anxiety from it is horrible. 12 hours is enough for me to barely handle.
Conservatives would expect me to go do some kind of labor based job. They’d throw me off social security in heart beat I’ve been told so.

I keep going cause I know I won’t get another job after this. Most places won’t hire part time.

I consider the mind to be part of the body. I am actually able bodied myself. I am a mesomorph. I have a great physique and I am strong. But my brain screws up my mobility.

A lot of conservatives only care if ones physically disabled or not. They’d see that you do manual labor. Don’t have to be smart to work lawn care or construction they’d say.

I get called lazy by them cause they just see thwt I, big and tall and look healthy and so why aren’t o working real job.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2019, 3:40 pm

Persephone29 wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
How this thread has changed and morphed...ha ha initial topic long gone.

Anyways, I'd say due to my taking of 'handouts' I guess some people may call it. I have gotten to a point that I have actually been able to hold a job for a few months now. It it wasn't for the alleged handouts, not sure what I'd be doing, I needed the SSI for income as I couldn't rely on my parents/family for financial help and medicaid to cover some treatment/therapy costs. And since then I have gotten better with the PTSD, Depression and Anxiety as well as getting vocational help to help with my social barriers so now I work at a big thrift store and lots of people there have disabilities or are a bit different or whatever so its not causing a problem there. I would like to be better at social interaction with co-workers but at least its not a dealbreaker there that I'm not.

But anyways some people need assistance, and it does seem overwhelmingly as though the republican party is much less friendly to the idea of providing any government assistance, than the democratic party generally speaking. I do wish there was a third option, but I don't really see it.

I'm glad that assistance exists for you. I am very happy to see those who need it have it. I want that assistance for you, my fellow countrywoman/men. However, I do not want public assistance money going to illegals. Because at this rate, it will not be available to citizens when they do need it. I don't know how old you are, but some autists will need assistance for a long time. Every well dries up if there isn't a gatekeeper... And the government will rob Peter to pay Paul, as evidenced by threats against social security.

Well that is fair, those sort of benefits are supposed to be for citizens. I do think with the current illegal situation things should be dealt with on a case by case basis to determine whether they're deported or can have any opportunity to become legal. And there is the compounded issue with asylum seekers seemingly being treated the same as illegal immigrants due to some of Trumps legislation. I mean if some companies hadn't been hiring illegals for ages perhaps there would not have been as much appeal to come here illegally in the first place.

But either way I do agree the benefits are for citizens.

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2019, 9:49 am

cubedemon6073 wrote:
LoveNotHate wrote:
cubedemon6073 wrote:

Cool Beans! I'll have to take a gander at it.

One thing, I am surprised they don't do drug testing though. I thought the feds did drug testing.

Don't illicit drugs impair performance?

I don't take drugs or alcohol so I wouldn't know.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2019, 6:19 pm

Just remember if you don't get a job because of alcohol and illegal drug use, it's not your fault and could not have been prevented by personal responsibility.

Persephone29
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2019, 8:54 pm

EzraS wrote:
Just remember if you don't get a job because of alcohol and illegal drug use, it's not your fault and could not have been prevented by personal responsibility.

I tried that excuse, it got me fired.

Neurocognitive exam in May 2019, diagnosed with ASD, Asperger's type in June 2019.

cubedemon6073
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2019, 10:01 am

EzraS wrote:

Again, an overly simplistic response. What you say is true but not always true.

https://www.verywellmind.com/what-is-au ... rome-22478

The problem with those who have thinking similar to yours, LoveNotHate is that you all have a tendency to oversimplify the situation and make conclusions w/o seriously investigating the matter.

1 + 1 =2. The answer is 2 and that settles it.

Just b/c it sounds like a duck, looks like a duck, is it really a f*****g duck? I say maybe but why can't we peek under the hood to check it out?

Our minds and senses can be fooled Ezra. What may seem to be true may not be so.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2019, 10:35 am

cubedemon6073 wrote:
EzraS wrote:

The problem with those who have thinking similar to yours, LoveNotHate is that you all have a tendency to oversimplify the situation and make conclusions w/o seriously investigating the matter.

Just b/c it sounds like a duck, looks like a duck, is it really a f*****g duck? I say maybe but why can't we peek under the hood to check it out?

Our minds and senses can be fooled Ezra. What may seem to be true may not be so.

You are the one who is interjecting the word "always". I did not say always, you did. You said it and are basically claiming that I said it, which I did not. The word I would use is, usually. However what is usually the truth does not cancel out the exception to the rule.

cubedemon6073
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2019, 11:55 pm

EzraS wrote:
cubedemon6073 wrote:
EzraS wrote:

You are the one who is interjecting the word "always". I did not say always, you did. You said it and are basically claiming that I said it, which I did not. The word I would use is, usually. However what is usually the truth does not cancel out the exception to the rule.

I think I see the problem.

I have a question.

When someone says X is true do they mean all X is true absolutely or do they mean that usually X is true?