Trump wants to deport people here for medical reasons.

Page 44 of 46 [ 683 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46  Next

Persephone29
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 14 Jun 2019
Age: 51
Gender: Female
Posts: 1,115
Location: Everville

26 Sep 2019, 7:28 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
How this thread has changed and morphed...ha ha initial topic long gone.

Anyways, I'd say due to my taking of 'handouts' I guess some people may call it. I have gotten to a point that I have actually been able to hold a job for a few months now. It it wasn't for the alleged handouts, not sure what I'd be doing, I needed the SSI for income as I couldn't rely on my parents/family for financial help and medicaid to cover some treatment/therapy costs. And since then I have gotten better with the PTSD, Depression and Anxiety as well as getting vocational help to help with my social barriers so now I work at a big thrift store and lots of people there have disabilities or are a bit different or whatever so its not causing a problem there. I would like to be better at social interaction with co-workers but at least its not a dealbreaker there that I'm not.

But anyways some people need assistance, and it does seem overwhelmingly as though the republican party is much less friendly to the idea of providing any government assistance, than the democratic party generally speaking. I do wish there was a third option, but I don't really see it.



I'm glad that assistance exists for you. I am very happy to see those who need it have it. I want that assistance for you, my fellow countrywoman/men. However, I do not want public assistance money going to illegals. Because at this rate, it will not be available to citizens when they do need it. I don't know how old you are, but some autists will need assistance for a long time. Every well dries up if there isn't a gatekeeper... And the government will rob Peter to pay Paul, as evidenced by threats against social security.


_________________
Disagreeing with you doesn't mean I hate you, it just means we disagree.


cubedemon6073
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 7 Nov 2008
Age: 40
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,358

26 Sep 2019, 7:59 pm

LoveNotHate wrote:
Instead of welfare, I became a failure most of my life.

Job firings, bosses made fun of me, co-workers insulted me, people laughed at me in job interviews because of my speech.

However, I gained experience, and knowledge, and eventually, I got a work at home STEM job.

Conservatives believe welfare "traps" people and "robs" them of such ambition. Especially, as they age, and have no work history.


You're in IT I see. Well, I tried getting into it including work at home job but for me it was a bunch of Alice's Rabbit holes for me. Where everyone requires multi-skills where each skill requiring multiple years of experience. How can one gain experience if no one will take a chance on you. Start at the bottom? How? What does that mean? Where is the bottom exactly?

Getting a job is a whole bunch of Alice's Rabbit holes including their personality tests in which the questions can be open to interpretation.

I'm told to swing the bat. But, if I don't know where the stadium is at to go swing how can I swing? When I ask for directions, no one will give the directions or when they I have zero clue as to what they're telling me.



EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Sep 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 23,663
Location: Twin Peaks

26 Sep 2019, 8:16 pm

sly279 wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
That's a right wing myth your side started telling, then fell for.
So the remaining evil Koch brother who now has a plan to end food stamps and medicaid isn't the wealthy elite?
Are you serious the right isn't going to hold you in contempt for needing help? And without those rich Democrats you attack, just who's going to fight for those in need? I can tell you right now, certainly not the right.
Now I'm going to bed. I have to donate plasma in the morning.


Nope, unlike you I have not been indoctrinated and I have not been sucked in by any side. The wealthy elite are the wealthy elite, including the ones conning you to trust and be entirely dependent upon them. Yeah I don't think the right holds those who are significantly disabled in contempt. Just those who are mooching off the system. The only difference is the democrats want everyone suckling off the government tit.


The thing is, plenty on the right believe the disabled can still work, thus are moochers, and/or think said disabled should either be cared for their families, or just die.
I have never seen any evidence that the right is caring about anyone save for the wealthy elite and big business.


Many disabled can and do work. Despite my severe disabilities, if I can work I will. It really has to do with attitude. There are those who seek handouts and those who are stuck with handouts they don't want but have to take. Those who can only dream of being as able bodied as many who seek handouts. What you see is in accordance with your indoctrination.


I can’t work more then I currently am and it’s a lot for me, stressful every day.
Many can’t work or can’t work many hours, able body has nothing to do with it.


What I mean by able bodied are those who are able but not willing. You like me are willing but are unable.



EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Sep 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 23,663
Location: Twin Peaks

26 Sep 2019, 8:30 pm

Persephone29 wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
How this thread has changed and morphed...ha ha initial topic long gone.

Anyways, I'd say due to my taking of 'handouts' I guess some people may call it. I have gotten to a point that I have actually been able to hold a job for a few months now. It it wasn't for the alleged handouts, not sure what I'd be doing, I needed the SSI for income as I couldn't rely on my parents/family for financial help and medicaid to cover some treatment/therapy costs. And since then I have gotten better with the PTSD, Depression and Anxiety as well as getting vocational help to help with my social barriers so now I work at a big thrift store and lots of people there have disabilities or are a bit different or whatever so its not causing a problem there. I would like to be better at social interaction with co-workers but at least its not a dealbreaker there that I'm not.

But anyways some people need assistance, and it does seem overwhelmingly as though the republican party is much less friendly to the idea of providing any government assistance, than the democratic party generally speaking. I do wish there was a third option, but I don't really see it.



I'm glad that assistance exists for you. I am very happy to see those who need it have it. I want that assistance for you, my fellow countrywoman/men. However, I do not want public assistance money going to illegals. Because at this rate, it will not be available to citizens when they do need it. I don't know how old you are, but some autists will need assistance for a long time. Every well dries up if there isn't a gatekeeper... And the government will rob Peter to pay Paul, as evidenced by threats against social security.


That is what concerns me. Too many people overloading the system.



Persephone29
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 14 Jun 2019
Age: 51
Gender: Female
Posts: 1,115
Location: Everville

26 Sep 2019, 8:44 pm

EzraS wrote:
Persephone29 wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
How this thread has changed and morphed...ha ha initial topic long gone.

Anyways, I'd say due to my taking of 'handouts' I guess some people may call it. I have gotten to a point that I have actually been able to hold a job for a few months now. It it wasn't for the alleged handouts, not sure what I'd be doing, I needed the SSI for income as I couldn't rely on my parents/family for financial help and medicaid to cover some treatment/therapy costs. And since then I have gotten better with the PTSD, Depression and Anxiety as well as getting vocational help to help with my social barriers so now I work at a big thrift store and lots of people there have disabilities or are a bit different or whatever so its not causing a problem there. I would like to be better at social interaction with co-workers but at least its not a dealbreaker there that I'm not.

But anyways some people need assistance, and it does seem overwhelmingly as though the republican party is much less friendly to the idea of providing any government assistance, than the democratic party generally speaking. I do wish there was a third option, but I don't really see it.



I'm glad that assistance exists for you. I am very happy to see those who need it have it. I want that assistance for you, my fellow countrywoman/men. However, I do not want public assistance money going to illegals. Because at this rate, it will not be available to citizens when they do need it. I don't know how old you are, but some autists will need assistance for a long time. Every well dries up if there isn't a gatekeeper... And the government will rob Peter to pay Paul, as evidenced by threats against social security.


That is what concerns me. Too many people overloading the system.



Legal impoverished immigrants should be helped to get on their feet, I'm for that too. It should be time limited, say 3 years. They have to master a new language, navigate a new culture, that takes a little while. Then, get a job, etc...
But, damn. We shouldn't be expected to sacrifice potential needed benefits for illegals. Our government has absolutely no problem saying, 'too bad, so sad,' to people who fall between the income cracks.


_________________
Disagreeing with you doesn't mean I hate you, it just means we disagree.


cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Feb 2011
Age: 52
Gender: Male
Posts: 10,468

26 Sep 2019, 9:25 pm

Persephone29 wrote:
Legal impoverished immigrants should be helped to get on their feet, I'm for that too. It should be time limited, say 3 years. They have to master a new language, navigate a new culture, that takes a little while. Then, get a job, etc...
But, damn. We shouldn't be expected to sacrifice potential needed benefits for illegals. Our government has absolutely no problem saying, 'too bad, so sad,' to people who fall between the income cracks.


I'm just curious in America if an illegal immigrant with no "pesos" or "greenback" required life saving surgery or medical treatment would they be eligible?

In Australia they would.



cubedemon6073
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 7 Nov 2008
Age: 40
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,358

26 Sep 2019, 10:05 pm

Quote:
Quite the contrary, you said it's not brought up because it makes people who believe we have control of our lives uncomfortable. And I provided examples of how it is brought up to inspire people to take control of their lives no matter what. To laugh death in the face.




Well, it seems like in the end death always gets the last laugh.

So, how is all that supposed to inspire someone exactly? In fact, it proves me right even more and it seems like not only am I right but it seems like those who believe this way suffer from cognitive dissonance.

Promote a belief system that says anyone and everyone who works hard do the right things can succeed and achieve the American dream. Yet, at the exact same time being told life is not fair and one is guaranteed nothing. But, ask people how both of these hold up at the same time there is all kinds of just dancing around the question as in the people who promote these things don't want to face the fact that we're not in as much control of our lives as we think we are. We as people like to think we have all of this control but we really don't. My conclusion is these folks have cognitive dissonance.



EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Sep 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 23,663
Location: Twin Peaks

26 Sep 2019, 10:06 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Persephone29 wrote:
Legal impoverished immigrants should be helped to get on their feet, I'm for that too. It should be time limited, say 3 years. They have to master a new language, navigate a new culture, that takes a little while. Then, get a job, etc...
But, damn. We shouldn't be expected to sacrifice potential needed benefits for illegals. Our government has absolutely no problem saying, 'too bad, so sad,' to people who fall between the income cracks.


I'm just curious in America if an illegal immigrant with no "pesos" or "greenback" required life saving surgery or medical treatment would they be eligible?

In Australia they would.


So if I am in such a situation all I need to do is fly over to Australia and they will fix me up for free. Good to know.



EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Sep 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 23,663
Location: Twin Peaks

26 Sep 2019, 10:16 pm

cubedemon6073 wrote:
Quote:
Quite the contrary, you said it's not brought up because it makes people who believe we have control of our lives uncomfortable. And I provided examples of how it is brought up to inspire people to take control of their lives no matter what. To laugh death in the face.




Well, it seems like in the end death always gets the last laugh.

So, how is all that supposed to inspire someone exactly? In fact, it proves me right even more and it seems like not only am I right but it seems like those who believe this way suffer from cognitive dissonance.

Promote a belief system that says anyone and everyone who works hard do the right things can succeed and achieve the American dream. Yet, at the exact same time being told life is not fair and one is guaranteed nothing. But, ask people how both of these hold up at the same time there is all kinds of just dancing around the question as in the people who promote these things don't want to face the fact that we're not in as much control of our lives as we think we are. We as people like to think we have all of this control but we really don't. My conclusion is these folks have cognitive dissonance.


It simply bolils down to giving it your best shot.

You are the one I see coming up with, "anyone and everyone who works hard do the right things can succeed and achieve the American dream".

You say stuff that I have only heard you say, that you attribute it to others. Classic strawman.

It's more like if you want to achieve the American dream you're going to have to earn it, it's not going to just walk up bite you in ass and say " I'm here".



Last edited by EzraS on 26 Sep 2019, 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Persephone29
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 14 Jun 2019
Age: 51
Gender: Female
Posts: 1,115
Location: Everville

26 Sep 2019, 10:21 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Persephone29 wrote:
Legal impoverished immigrants should be helped to get on their feet, I'm for that too. It should be time limited, say 3 years. They have to master a new language, navigate a new culture, that takes a little while. Then, get a job, etc...
But, damn. We shouldn't be expected to sacrifice potential needed benefits for illegals. Our government has absolutely no problem saying, 'too bad, so sad,' to people who fall between the income cracks.


I'm just curious in America if an illegal immigrant with no "pesos" or "greenback" required life saving surgery or medical treatment would they be eligible?

In Australia they would.


I have limited knowledge regarding that. But, I do know that an illegal immigrant is allowed to have a baby. The emphasis would be on stabilization and release. They would get the care that an adult medicaid recipient would get. For instance, they may cover chemo, but if WBC blood values fell, they would have a difficult time getting coverage for the drugs that force the bone marrow to make more WBCs faster. That often happens with Medicare recipients too. It's not set up to continue a non-contributors life forever. That's why so many elderly have supplemental coverage.


_________________
Disagreeing with you doesn't mean I hate you, it just means we disagree.


LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Oct 2013
Gender: Female
Posts: 6,127
Location: USA

26 Sep 2019, 11:20 pm

cubedemon6073 wrote:
LoveNotHate wrote:
Instead of welfare, I became a failure most of my life.

Job firings, bosses made fun of me, co-workers insulted me, people laughed at me in job interviews because of my speech.

However, I gained experience, and knowledge, and eventually, I got a work at home STEM job.

Conservatives believe welfare "traps" people and "robs" them of such ambition. Especially, as they age, and have no work history.


You're in IT I see. Well, I tried getting into it including work at home job but for me it was a bunch of Alice's Rabbit holes for me. Where everyone requires multi-skills where each skill requiring multiple years of experience. How can one gain experience if no one will take a chance on you. Start at the bottom? How? What does that mean? Where is the bottom exactly?

Getting a job is a whole bunch of Alice's Rabbit holes including their personality tests in which the questions can be open to interpretation.

I'm told to swing the bat. But, if I don't know where the stadium is at to go swing how can I swing? When I ask for directions, no one will give the directions or when they I have zero clue as to what they're telling me.

I don't work in IT. I work in technical writing.

From my perspective, it seems nearly impossible for an ASD person to make it at a common people face-to-face job.

So, I would look at work-from-home jobs or trucking jobs.

For example, in the US, there are work-from-home government jobs that require minimal experience/education.

For example, "Tax analyst" , work from home, and review tax forms.
https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/525673600

There are numerous work-from-home customer service (answer call) jobs that likely don't require much education or experience.


_________________
After a failure, the easiest thing to do is to blame someone else.


sly279
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Dec 2013
Age: 31
Gender: Male
Posts: 14,907
Location: US

26 Sep 2019, 11:54 pm

LoveNotHate wrote:
Instead of welfare, I became a failure most of my life.

Job firings, bosses made fun of me, co-workers insulted me, people laughed at me in job interviews because of my speech.

However, I gained experience, and knowledge, and eventually, I got a work at home STEM job.

Conservatives believe welfare "traps" people and "robs" them of such ambition. Especially, as they age, and have no work history.

So that’s why they rigged it so it doesn’t increase with inflation and so we get very little and barely survive I see :roll:

Sorry but I’d be dead without welfare as I can’t handle working full time.



sly279
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Dec 2013
Age: 31
Gender: Male
Posts: 14,907
Location: US

27 Sep 2019, 12:00 am

EzraS wrote:
sly279 wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
That's a right wing myth your side started telling, then fell for.
So the remaining evil Koch brother who now has a plan to end food stamps and medicaid isn't the wealthy elite?
Are you serious the right isn't going to hold you in contempt for needing help? And without those rich Democrats you attack, just who's going to fight for those in need? I can tell you right now, certainly not the right.
Now I'm going to bed. I have to donate plasma in the morning.


Nope, unlike you I have not been indoctrinated and I have not been sucked in by any side. The wealthy elite are the wealthy elite, including the ones conning you to trust and be entirely dependent upon them. Yeah I don't think the right holds those who are significantly disabled in contempt. Just those who are mooching off the system. The only difference is the democrats want everyone suckling off the government tit.


The thing is, plenty on the right believe the disabled can still work, thus are moochers, and/or think said disabled should either be cared for their families, or just die.
I have never seen any evidence that the right is caring about anyone save for the wealthy elite and big business.


Many disabled can and do work. Despite my severe disabilities, if I can work I will. It really has to do with attitude. There are those who seek handouts and those who are stuck with handouts they don't want but have to take. Those who can only dream of being as able bodied as many who seek handouts. What you see is in accordance with your indoctrination.


I can’t work more then I currently am and it’s a lot for me, stressful every day.
Many can’t work or can’t work many hours, able body has nothing to do with it.


What I mean by able bodied are those who are able but not willing. You like me are willing but are unable.


Physically while out of shape I’m able bodied.
My issues are mental and conservatives say mental issues are just fake and excuse for laziness. Most I’ve talked to don’t consider autism, adhd, pstd, or anxiety real. Unless it’s a veteran with pstd.

My current work is exhausting mentally I go every day afraid I’ll be fired. The stress and anxiety from it is horrible. 12 hours is enough for me to barely handle.
Conservatives would expect me to go do some kind of labor based job. They’d throw me off social security in heart beat I’ve been told so.

I keep going cause I know I won’t get another job after this. Most places won’t hire part time.



EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Sep 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 23,663
Location: Twin Peaks

27 Sep 2019, 12:11 am

sly279 wrote:
EzraS wrote:
sly279 wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
That's a right wing myth your side started telling, then fell for.
So the remaining evil Koch brother who now has a plan to end food stamps and medicaid isn't the wealthy elite?
Are you serious the right isn't going to hold you in contempt for needing help? And without those rich Democrats you attack, just who's going to fight for those in need? I can tell you right now, certainly not the right.
Now I'm going to bed. I have to donate plasma in the morning.


Nope, unlike you I have not been indoctrinated and I have not been sucked in by any side. The wealthy elite are the wealthy elite, including the ones conning you to trust and be entirely dependent upon them. Yeah I don't think the right holds those who are significantly disabled in contempt. Just those who are mooching off the system. The only difference is the democrats want everyone suckling off the government tit.


The thing is, plenty on the right believe the disabled can still work, thus are moochers, and/or think said disabled should either be cared for their families, or just die.
I have never seen any evidence that the right is caring about anyone save for the wealthy elite and big business.


Many disabled can and do work. Despite my severe disabilities, if I can work I will. It really has to do with attitude. There are those who seek handouts and those who are stuck with handouts they don't want but have to take. Those who can only dream of being as able bodied as many who seek handouts. What you see is in accordance with your indoctrination.


I can’t work more then I currently am and it’s a lot for me, stressful every day.
Many can’t work or can’t work many hours, able body has nothing to do with it.


What I mean by able bodied are those who are able but not willing. You like me are willing but are unable.


Physically while out of shape I’m able bodied.
My issues are mental and conservatives say mental issues are just fake and excuse for laziness. Most I’ve talked to don’t consider autism, adhd, pstd, or anxiety real. Unless it’s a veteran with pstd.

My current work is exhausting mentally I go every day afraid I’ll be fired. The stress and anxiety from it is horrible. 12 hours is enough for me to barely handle.
Conservatives would expect me to go do some kind of labor based job. They’d throw me off social security in heart beat I’ve been told so.

I keep going cause I know I won’t get another job after this. Most places won’t hire part time.


I consider the mind to be part of the body. I am actually able bodied myself. I am a mesomorph. I have a great physique and I am strong. But my brain screws up my mobility.



cubedemon6073
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 7 Nov 2008
Age: 40
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,358

27 Sep 2019, 12:32 am

EzraS wrote:
cubedemon6073 wrote:
Quote:
Quite the contrary, you said it's not brought up because it makes people who believe we have control of our lives uncomfortable. And I provided examples of how it is brought up to inspire people to take control of their lives no matter what. To laugh death in the face.




Well, it seems like in the end death always gets the last laugh.

So, how is all that supposed to inspire someone exactly? In fact, it proves me right even more and it seems like not only am I right but it seems like those who believe this way suffer from cognitive dissonance.

Promote a belief system that says anyone and everyone who works hard do the right things can succeed and achieve the American dream. Yet, at the exact same time being told life is not fair and one is guaranteed nothing. But, ask people how both of these hold up at the same time there is all kinds of just dancing around the question as in the people who promote these things don't want to face the fact that we're not in as much control of our lives as we think we are. We as people like to think we have all of this control but we really don't. My conclusion is these folks have cognitive dissonance.


It simply bolils down to giving it your best shot.

You are the one I see coming up with, "anyone and everyone who works hard do the right things can succeed and achieve the American dream".

You say stuff that I have only heard you say, that you attribute it to others. Classic strawman.

It's more like if you want to achieve the American dream you're going to have to earn it, it's not going to just walk up bite you in ass and say " I'm here".


Sweet f*****g Jesus!

People don't have to say things word for word for it to be be true. There are things one is told that one is supposed to do to "earn the American dream both explicitly and implicitly" Certain obligations one is told one is told to do.

Have you never heard of a concept called inference?

https://www.dictionary.com/browse/inferring

Besides, earning is only a part of the story. One can "earn" as you call it but in the end others still have to be willing to give it to you. Employers have to be willing to hire you and if you're a business customers have to be willing to buy from you. You can fill out all the job applications, get all the degrees and certification, one wants, be as positive as one wants, make yourself more marketable as one wants, do good in school, behave in school, develop skills all you want etc, etc.