Page 1 of 5 [ 67 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

JustFoundHere
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2019, 10:55 pm

What comes to mind are quite a few of those awesome 1970s soft-rock songs. For those who grew-up in the 1970s, in listening to these soft-rock classics, it might bring those "tears to our eyes" when feeling much disappointment over all of the junk these days!

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2019, 4:00 am

Mountain Goat wrote:
smudge wrote:
I have said this here before, but the album Made In Heaven by Queen makes me cry. It's so sad and beautiful.

Jesus To A Child by George Michael has sometimes made me cry.

Hugs.

Hugs.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2019, 4:13 am

Thanks.

Zakatar
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2019, 11:44 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0ZHlp6atUQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDOkMSf-F14

These two in particular often get me emotional when I listen to them.

#palestinianlivesmatter

Meistersinger
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2019, 1:27 pm

Last edited by Meistersinger on 01 Sep 2019, 1:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Infausto
Butterfly
Butterfly

01 Sep 2019, 1:33 pm

The one that always gets me is Matt Elliott's "The Calm Before." He has a very gentle and beautiful voice and the song itself is amazing when you're feeling down. I like to listen to it in general but I try to keep it to when I'm alone because I tear up lol. The album it's from (same name as the song) is great too.

racheypie666
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2019, 1:38 pm

Trent Reznor & Atticus Ross- What if we could

JustFoundHere
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2019, 2:16 pm

As I mentioned in my previous post in this thread, quite a few of the 1970s soft-rock songs can bring "tears to our eyes" - I just listened to one such song, the 1977 'What a Wonderful World' - sung by James Taylor, and Paul Simon.

Again those melancholy, depressing feelings stem from much disappointment over all of the junk music these days!

Meistersinger
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2019, 11:42 pm

JustFoundHere
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2019, 1:09 pm

Lately, I've taken a greater interest in lively decades-old 'Adult Contemporary' music.

'Adult Contemporary' - includes 'LINK' for 'Hot Adult Contemporary' music:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adult_contemporary_music

Alita
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2019, 2:15 pm

My first time travelling overseas to live and work in another country, I was really scared as I was all by myself. As I sat on the plane waiting for take-off, I prayed things would turn out well. Just as I finished my little prayer with a "God be with us", the plane's thrusters gunned and we shot down the runway. It was such a spine-tingly moment for me ... like God Himself was answering my prayer. 8O

Ever since that day, I've always likewise tingled at that moment at 1:34 in this film where Alexander shouts, "Zeus be with us!" and Vangelis' music always brings this amazing memory back to me.

JustFoundHere
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2019, 2:28 pm

Not to discount today's music entirely; as there is awesome music currently - Adele's 'Hello' really "tugs at the heart" so to speak!

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2019, 3:27 pm

Christmas Edition: Image

River, From Ally McBeal - Robert Downey Jr.

Ally and Larry are my favourite television couple, and the song has always made me sad no matter who sings it.

Christmas is Coming, The Payolas

My father died at Christmas and the lyrics here make me miss him so much. Every year if I hear it, I know it's been yet another year without him and his help around my house: "It's been a long year, I wish you were here". "The kitchen's still leaking, with floods on the floor", etc. It speaks of my life, and all my problems as a homeowner, which he used to fix for me.

Driving Home for Christmas, Chris Rea

I'm very nostalgic, so this reminds me of childhood Christmas and wanting to go "home" again. I also heard this song when driving to the airport at night in a snowstorm, to pick up a family member who had come home for Christmas. There were red tail-lights on the cars and coloured Christmas lights on the houses. The memory is indelible.

Blue Christmas, Elvis Presley

The last song I played for my father in hospital, before he passed away on Christmas Eve.

Alita
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2019, 11:57 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
Christmas Edition: Image

River, From Ally McBeal - Robert Downey Jr.

Ally and Larry are my favourite television couple, and the song has always made me sad no matter who sings it.

Christmas is Coming, The Payolas

My father died at Christmas and the lyrics here make me miss him so much. Every year if I hear it, I know it's been yet another year without him and his help around my house: "It's been a long year, I wish you were here". "The kitchen's still leaking, with floods on the floor", etc. It speaks of my life, and all my problems as a homeowner, which he used to fix for me.

Driving Home for Christmas, Chris Rea

I'm very nostalgic, so this reminds me of childhood Christmas and wanting to go "home" again. I also heard this song when driving to the airport at night in a snowstorm, to pick up a family member who had come home for Christmas. There were red tail-lights on the cars and coloured Christmas lights on the houses. The memory is indelible.

Blue Christmas, Elvis Presley

The last song I played for my father in hospital, before he passed away on Christmas Eve.

Isabella, your music makes me want to cry. Thank you for sharing your precious memories. I'm sorry about your dad. I hope this Christmas is happier for you. :heart:

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2019, 2:13 pm

My top three pop songs that jerk my tears are these:

1) Dion "Abraham and Martin and John"

2) The Winstons "Color Him Father"

3) Malveena Reynolds "Turn Around"

Meistersinger
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2019, 2:46 pm