Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2019, 5:15 pm

At least 2 dead, up to 20 injured in West Texas shooting, mayor says; 1 suspect in custody

Quote:
At least two people were killed and up to 20 others were injured in a series of shootings in West Texas, a local mayor said Saturday.

The City of Midland told CBS7 that a suspect has been taken into custody in Midland.

"They are shooting at random,” Midland Mayor Jerry Morales told The New York Times. “We have two fatalities and up to 20 injuries." He added that at least two gunmen were believed to be targeting motorists on Interstate 20 and Highway 191 between Midland and neighboring Odessa.

Odessa officials told KOSA there were 20 injuries reported in connection with the shooting but did not give further details.

The Midland Police Department said it believed there are two shooters in two separate vehicles. One suspect is said to be driving a gold or white small Toyota truck, while the other suspect is driving a U.S. Postal Service van.

In its own statement, the Odessa Police Department said there are possibly two subjects "driving around Odessa shooting at random people."

"At this time there are multiple gunshot victims. The suspect just hijacked a U.S. mail carrier truck and was last seen in the area of 38th and Walnut.

At least 10 teens injured in shooting at a high school football game in Alabama
Quote:
Gunfire broke out after a high school football game in Alabama late Friday, leaving 10 teens injured, half of them critically.

The victims in the shooting in Mobile ranged in age from 15 to 18, police said. They were at Ladd-Peebles Stadium for the game between LeFlore and Williamson high schools when shots rang out, Mobile Police Chief Lawrence Battiste told reporters.

Of the nine people shot, three remained hospitalized Saturday afternoon, Battiste said at a news conference. Injuries to the 10th teenager were not known..

Deangelo Parnell, 17, turned himself in Saturday, according to a Mobile police news release, and has been charged with nine counts of attempted murder.

It is unclear whether there was a fight before the gunfire and police are interviewing witnesses at the scene

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2019, 9:42 pm

...Was the Alabama shooting at a predominantly white, or non-white/POC in its demographics, high school's game? I actually do have a serious, respectable, reason for asking this!

My life destroyed by Thorazine and Mellaril - and rape - and the Psychiatric/Industrial Complex. SOB:-(! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2019, 10:48 pm

ASS-P wrote:
...Was the Alabama shooting at a predominantly white, or non-white/POC in its demographics, high school's game? I actually do have a serious, respectable, reason for asking this!

It didn’t say, nor was a motive mentioned.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2019, 11:02 pm

...I am thinking a black ((Primatily, obviously.) school - for a final reason. an interviewed spectator on a video report was black. Also. in a story, someone talked about someone coming to the game with a " beef ".

My life destroyed by Thorazine and Mellaril - and rape - and the Psychiatric/Industrial Complex. SOB:-(! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2019, 2:19 am

...I was not thinking of this - this is entirely coincidental - but the English tabloid The Daily Mail. on its description of the shootinh. tarted their headline by referring to a " White gunman " 8O ! And the one picture I made out there of spectators/crowds at the shooting - seemed to show all black-skinned persons in the area. So, has a race hatred motivation on the gunman's part been suggested :evil:?

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2019, 3:32 pm

When is this all going to stop?

blazingstar
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2019, 3:37 pm

^^^ Good question.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2019, 3:49 pm

AnonymousAnonymous wrote:
When is this all going to stop?

Certainly not in the foreseeable future. I don't see the right and left ever agreeing on the root causes, and without that no solution can be effectively implemented. If anything it could get worse, much worse, if the would-be shooters ever start putting some real planning, preparation, and execution into thier mass shootings with goals to exceed the body counts of previous incidents.