Page 2 of 2 [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2019, 9:06 pm

As this topic's dragged on, and this isn't in response or reaction to anything AngelRho is saying but something that just occurred to me, if we have anything it's something like the inverse of Yahweh. Rather than assisting us through our lives and judging us after death it's a form of consciousness that loves us unconditionally but will let just about anything happen to us during our lives. In certain ways that makes 'this' a lot colder and in a lot of ways makes it easy to see this as a sort of hell, and it's tough to make sense of but this is part of why I'm sold on the idea that I really need to read Whitehead - ie. he seemed to have been onto something similar to this back in the 1920's and a lot of people are starting to bring his ideas back out again as panpsychism and neutral and dual-action monism have gotten popular again.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin