Borris Johnson and Tories loose commons majority

Page 1 of 7 [ 105 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2019, 2:11 pm

Rebel Tory Phillip Lee dramatically defected to the liberals costing conservatives there majority.

The pro EU former justice minister walked across the commons chamber to sit with the liberals.

Jeremy Corbyn said the tories have no mandate,no morals and as of now no majority

CNN WORLD

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2019, 2:31 pm

UPDATE

A vote on whether or not to block Borris Johnsons brexit plans will take place within hours

If the vote passes tonight labour and other liberal oposition parties will try to prevent a no deal brexit on 10-31-19

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2019, 4:06 pm

vermontsavant wrote:
Rebel Tory Phillip Lee dramatically defected to the liberals costing conservatives there majority.

The pro EU former justice minister walked across the commons chamber to sit with the liberals.

Jeremy Corbyn said the tories have no mandate,no morals and as of now no majority

CNN WORLD

...I assume you mean he defected to the Liberal Democrats (the #3 party in the HOC IIRC)? You should be just a tiny bit more careful with terminology & capitalization.

My life destroyed by Thorazine and Mellaril - and rape - and the Psychiatric/Industrial Complex. SOB:-(! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2019, 4:38 pm

ASS-P wrote:
vermontsavant wrote:

CNN WORLD

...I assume you mean he defected to the Liberal Democrats (the #3 party in the HOC IIRC)? You should be just a tiny bit more careful with terminology & capitalization.
yes he defected to the Liberal Democrats making the HOC even without a majority,B.J's goverment is hanging on by a thread

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2019, 4:45 pm

UPDATE

U.K law makers voted 328-301 to seize control of the parliamentary agenda

tommorow opposition members of parliament will try to pass a bill that would prevent Johnson from taking the U.K out of the E.U without a deal by oct. 31

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2019, 5:26 pm

British pound 34 year low. YIKES!
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/brexit-new ... 019-09-03/

Biscuitman
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2019, 7:17 am

Johnson to ask the Commons at 7:00pm for a General Election

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2019, 7:34 am

Biscuitman wrote:
Johnson to ask the Commons at 7:00pm for a General Election
with Corbyn wanting an election anyway firing 21 members of his own party was a clever way to try to get the 2/3 majority needed.But I think in the end it will backfire on him

Biscuitman
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2019, 8:29 am

don't think Labour will go for an election now as Johnson has the power to move the date once it's agree and he is now seen as completely untrustworthy

some suggestion that Labour would not try and push for one via a VonC until Oct 19th. eek!

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2019, 8:38 am

Biscuitman wrote:
don't think Labour will go for an election now as Johnson has the power to move the date once it's agree and he is now seen as completely untrustworthy

some suggestion that Labour would not try and push for one via a VonC until Oct 19th. eek!
looks like Johnson really screwed then.let me ask you this.now that Johnson is now in the monority after firing his own people,can he govern in the monority or would Jeremy Corbyn take over as PM

Biscuitman
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2019, 8:42 am

vermontsavant wrote:
Biscuitman wrote:

looks like Johnson really screwed then.let me ask you this.now that Johnson is now in the monority after firing his own people,can he govern in the monority or would Jeremy Corbyn take over as PM

The Conservatives continue to govern as a minority party under their supply and confidence agreement with the DUP until an election is called or someone else forms a Government following a VoNC

only a matter of time until a GE though (if a Govt can't be formed under a VoNC)

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2019, 8:52 am

Maybe Mr. Trump could offer to  buy  bail out the United Kingdom ... ?

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

04 Sep 2019, 11:22 am

ASS-P wrote:
vermontsavant wrote:

CNN WORLD

The Lib Dems are the third biggest party that stands in more than one country of Britain. However, since 2015 the Scottish Nationalist Party have had more seats. If one considers the Independent Conservatives a de facto party then they would also have more seats.

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2019, 12:21 pm

The_Walrus wrote:
ASS-P wrote:
vermontsavant wrote:

CNN WORLD

The Lib Dems are the third biggest party that stands in more than one country of Britain. However, since 2015 the Scottish Nationalist Party have had more seats. If one considers the Independent Conservatives a de facto party then they would also have more seats.
what party do you think the caste out Tories will join,the Lib Dems or Labour

Trueno
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2019, 12:26 pm

vermontsavant wrote:
The_Walrus wrote:
ASS-P wrote:
vermontsavant wrote:

CNN WORLD

what party do you think the caste out Tories will join,the Lib Dems or Labour

I don't think they will be ideologically suited to either. They probably hope that once Boris is disgraced and dragged through the streets of London hanging out of a cart's arse they will be re-instated.

Unkind tongue, right ill hast thou me rendered
For such desert to do me wreak and shame

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2019, 12:46 pm

Labour have been crowimg for an election for 2 years but now we see they don't want one. The real reason is because Corbyn is petrified as he knows an election will probably be the end for him. None of the remainiac Conservatives want an election either.

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"