Page 6 of 7 [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2019, 4:09 pm

JohnPowell wrote:
vermontsavant wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
Keep us tied to/keeps us in. I have said both for months. As I said before it virtually keeps us in. Leaving without a deal is the only way of leaving.
So now your for a no deal brexit.Didnt you earlier compliment Theresa May for stopping brexit,then you called her a pathalogical liar.I am getting very confused,I cant figure out your position

You being confused has nothing to do with me. Where did I ever say I was against no deal? A 'no deal brexit' is brexit. Theresa may's treaty was remaining in the EU without the name. May did stop us leaving on the 29tth of March.
it sounded like you were complimenting May

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2019, 4:15 pm

JohnPowell wrote:
https://eurasiafuture.com/2019/09/06/anything-but-a-clean-break-brexit-is-the-antithesis-of-brexit/
I never realized you were so no deal brexit.article makes a pretty good case for it doesn't it

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2019, 4:34 pm

Yep.

I hate May.

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2019, 7:53 pm

George Galloway is the guy in the know.

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2019, 11:31 pm

...How does the whole deselectiing thing work, anyhow? Is it that the party leader - For all parties, or just the one that has Downing Street at the moment? - will declare some votes to be " must follow complete party-line loyalty , if they want it that way? It doesn't apply to every vote - does it :? ? Will the leader declare before the vote that it's party-line or deselection or will they, if so inclined, decide do after the vote? Surely every MP wouldn't be preselected for going against the party on any vote? Soames said he'd " only.gome against " the Tories on 3 votes over his 37 years prdbiously. oes that mean that there we're only 3 party-line " must vote this " votes that he'd hone against Tory leadership on that he went against on and could have been deselected for bug wasn't or only 3 votes before EVER in 37.years 8O And they say the USA Big Two parties move in lockstep :lol: :P!

My life destroyed by Thorazine and Mellaril - and rape - and the Psychiatric/Industrial Complex. SOB:-(! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2019, 11:12 am

PM to test law to limit,to avoid delay.

The goverment will "test to the limit" a new law designed to force it to seek an extention to brexit deadline if a deal is not reached by 10-19

Full article on BBC

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2019, 6:41 am

Johnson tells Varadkar no deal brexit would be a failure.

Downing street confirmed pariament would be suspended after a vote on holding a general election

BBC

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2019, 5:29 am

Scottish appeals court rules suspension of parliament is unlawful.

appeals court says prorogation of parliament is void but fails to issue injunction for MP's to return

Biscuitman
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2019, 5:44 am

vermontsavant wrote:

appeals court says prorogation of parliament is void but fails to issue injunction for MP's to return

it's the Supreme Court that will rule over this. That hearing happens on Tuesday

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2019, 6:40 am

Biscuitman wrote:
vermontsavant wrote:

it's the Supreme Court that will rule over this. That hearing happens on Tuesday
Yes this is true, I just read that

full story on CNN plus Guardian and likely BBC but I have not read that one

Bobik
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

12 Sep 2019, 1:50 am

Hi guys :D

Last edited by B19 on 10 Dec 2019, 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.: spammer, keeps reappearing under different names

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2019, 2:02 am

Bobik wrote:
Hi guys :D
Hi how are you,there is a forum called getting to know each other,thats where people usually introduce themselves.

this thread is for the HOC crisis but welcome to wrong planet anyway

languagehopper
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

12 Sep 2019, 3:55 pm

JohnPowell wrote:
Biscuitman wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
Biscuitman wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
Biscuitman wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
Biscuitman wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
May was the one who stopped us leaving the EU.

The ERG had the numbers to get us out in MV3 but chose to side with Corbyn and vote against their own party

May's capitulation treaty wasn't getting us out.

It wasn't getting us out on the terms you prefer, but we would have no longer been members of the European Union, that is a fact.

The Custom's Union is along with the Single Market the main body of the EU. It kept us in the Custom's Union forever, didn't deal with freedom of movement or the ECHR. So no, it was staying in the EU without the membership. Really not difficult to understand. To make out the people who were the biggest supporters of Brexit were voting against it cause they didn't want to leave the EU is absurd.

You can keep twisting and turning all you like, but May's Withdrawal Agreement left us, after the transition period, as no longer being member of the European Union. That is a fact that cannot be denied.

The challenge is then to fix the backstop with alternative arrangements, which the arch leavers say can be done very simply.

As i thought, you don't understand the issue at all or are intentionally trolling. The deal keeps us tied to the EU forever even without the phony backstop. Anyone who wants us tied to the EU forever is not an 'arch leaver'. An arch leaver wants to leave the EU and all its institutions and rules and wants a free trade deal with them or the US. I haven't got the time for any more of your games though.

You do this everytime you paint yourself into a corner on here. People are allowed different opinions, people are allowed to disagree with each other, we are all very different with different likes and dislikes, and that is all absolutely fine, life's rich tapestry and all that. Just because someone holds a different opinion to you means you tell then they are wrong, dont understand it as well as you and then you try and make out like their opinion should not even count as you have announced it as a 'game'.

We are all different, it's part of what makes life great.

People are allowed their own opinions just not their own facts. I'm gonna challenge people who parrot establishment propaganda every single time.

I am challenging you Mr Brexit parrot. I haven't seen a single fact from you yet! Simply repeating something doesn't make it true.
People were talked into voting leave by politicians saying getting a good deal would be easy. They didn't vote for expensive food, a huge lack of care workers, businesses going bust and rich men getting richer, nor to further BJs career.
Many people didn't vote at all because they thought it would never happen because they mistakenly thought the British people wouldn't want to deprive themselves of the prosperity and peace that the EU has brought us. And lots of voting age people haven't had a say but lots of now dead people did. If Brexiteers truely believed in democracy they wouldn't be scared of letting people vote now the actual state of affairs is clear. that is Brexit = chaos. EU = stability and properity. Most of what the EU has been blamed for was actually the fault of our own government. In future Brexit will be the go to scapegoat. Somewhat ironic really!

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2019, 4:17 pm

One problem is that even if Boris Johnson is forced to ask for the extention untill 1-31-2020 like he may have to do,EU leaders may not want to GIVE anymore time.Several EU leaders have said they would just assume not give the UK any more time.

No deal brexit may be the only option at this point,I think the EU is getting tired of the UK there second chances

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2019, 4:29 pm

Many people like myself already knew we were going to vote to leave the EU. When I saw people like Boris Johnson running the leave campaign I thought they'd put that lying clown there to hurt the leave side. Lots of older people who you sickeningly chirp about being dead had been tricked in the 1975 referendum when they thought they were just voting to be part of a trading block. Luckily justice was done 3 years ago. The EU is a political monster that wants to swallow up every individual country in it. It's not what we signed up for. We didn't sign up to an EU defense union.
The EU was offering us a free trade deal up until last spring. The May treaty isn't easy because it keeps us tied to the EU forever.
Actually we had all the hysteria and propaganda before the referendum and we still voted to leave. They are politically motivated projections by the civil service who will not accept the result.
And if the EU is gonna make us all die and starve for daring to leave them why do you want to be tied to such psychopaths?
Prosperity?? We are like £1.7 trillion in debt and we apparently can't feed ourselves or get medicine without the EU. There's homeless people everywhere and the gap between rich and poor is growing all the time. Good old EU.
But Yes, a lot of problems are down to our own government but we can remove them. Can't remove the maniacs in Brussels.