Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2019, 10:37 am

As part of my job I have to clean the staff bathrooms, which is OK with me, but cleaning the men's bathroom brings my social anxiety on. There are much more guys than women that work here, and obviously the men's bathroom has urinals.
Today I was to clean the men's bathroom while it was less busy. I didn't see anyone go in there, but I knocked loudly and waited for a few seconds. There was no reply or anything, so I went in - to see a guy peeing at a urinal. He had his back to me and didn't seem to react, but I was embarrassed so I quickly came out and hid in the ladies bathroom until he had gone (luckily I didn't really know him well).

Being a female cleaner in a guy's bathroom can be awkward. It's not so bad in the ladies, because there is more privacy, so even if a guy cleaner went into the ladies nobody will be exposed peeing so it's not as embarrassing.
I know I didn't see any private parts of the guy peeing but it's still an embarrassing situation, even if he wasn't embarrassed, I still feel awkward. I wish guys would reply when someone knocks. I'm too shy to yell out "is anybody in there?" But because there aren't many women working here, there's no reason a woman would come into the men's, only to clean, which guys don't always remember.

I feel embarrassed now. I feel my face is all red. :oops:

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2019, 4:56 pm

One of my duties as it nears closing time at the library is to check the restrooms. It does feel a bit awkward to go into the men's room. I noticed, however, that it's usually cleaner than the women's room. So many people forget to flush the toilet. Ugh!