Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

05 Sep 2019, 12:20 pm

Recently, I have started stimming whenever I feel like it. I go down a street flapping my hands, with a self confident face and a smile.
If parents who try to restrict stimming use social norm as the reason, my response is: let's make the world a place where stimming is socially acceptable. Why not? No one gets harmed. There is nothing in the Bible against stimming nor in any other established religion I know of. Let's make the world a place where you can just go down a street and stim.

And I found out I'm living in such a place. No one gave me even a dirty look for it, no one protested, I get served at stores and restaurants, I do all the things I need to.

Is it urban Poland? Or maybe the dirty looks I used to get were more a reaction to my anxiety and once I got rid of my anxiety, people sense it and accept the way I am?

Just a tiny thing I can do to make the world a bit more autistic-friendly place.

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

aquafelix
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2019, 5:29 am

Stimming with style

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2019, 10:28 am

Sounds like a plan. Maybe that is why I wear blue tinted mirrored glasses. They work and people are friendlier.

Magna
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2019, 10:52 am

You've got my support, Magz!!

Awhile ago I was in the grocery store and there was a young boy who came in with his mother. The boy ran ahead of his mother with a smile on his face, wildly hand flapping and making a squealing noise. It brought joy to my heart. How ANYONE would want to quell that kind of behavior I'll never understand.