Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

WooYayHooplah
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2005, 12:17 pm

Does anyone here believe in the reality of someone having good luck or bad luck? Do you think that if someone is going through a phase of great luck then it is just a matter of perception or coincidental occurrences?

At the moment I am running through a massive period of bad luck. Its been the last two weeks and everything that can go wrong is. I won't go into details but I can't believe how unlucky I am at present. If things carry on like this then I will go mental!

Weird thing was, I was having amazing luck prior to this. Everything was going right, things were popping into place perfectly and I was walking around with a huge grin on my face permanently. I read my star chart for that period and apparently MARS was doing me big favours. I hope my bad luck settles down.

larsenjw92286
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2005, 12:54 pm

I predict you do only if you are a very introspective person.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2005, 12:57 pm

I think luck has less to do with anything metaphysical and just how someone is interfacing with the world on a conscious and subconscious level. Its pretty much just the little subliminal things adding up.

Of course if you win the lottery yeah, that's luck because its pure probability. When someone one had luck with things that are being determined right in front of their faces though I'd consider it more an extention of charisma.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

Ghosthunter
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2005, 3:04 am

WooYayHooplah wrote:
Blue Jay
Posted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 3:17 am    
Post subject: Notions of Good Luck and Bad Luck
----------------------------------------------------------
Does anyone here believe in the reality of someone
having good luck or bad luck?

Hmmm? Being that mysticism and myself go hand
and hand, I think it is 1/2 guidance(subconscious)
and 1/2 observation(conscious)!

For example:

At the Greyhound depot in Sacramento, a guy wants
to sell me his watch. I don't wear watches.

I give him $15 so he can eat since he says he is
broke and my instincts(subconsious) are saying
this is the right thing(or good luck).

I am now at Reno, 12:54am on Friday, and find
that this watch has a "purpose" that I consciously
wouldn't have thought of!

WooYay wrote:
Do you think that if someone is going through a
phase of great luck then it is just a matter of
perception or coincidental occurrences?

Being that I am mostly metaphysical in subconscious
perspective, Yes! It is a step-by-step subconscious
phasing system.

WooYay wrote:
At the moment I am running through a massive
period of bad luck.

Explain the "What is this bad luck?"
and "What circumstances might have led to it?"
Hnm-Unnn-Hmmmm? Yoda-ghosthunter asks!

wooyay wrote:
Its been the last two weeks and everything that can
go wrong is.

Are you listening to your subconscious, or following
the physical conscious expectations that cloud your
"inner eye"?

wooyay wrote:
I won't go into details but I can't believe how unlucky
I am at present. If things carry on like this then I will
go mental!

DE-VENOMIZE AND let you subconscious guide you!
Hmmm-Unnn-Hmmmm? If you choose....WHAT
EXACTLY IS GOING ON? If you choose to respond
to this.....sincerly, yoda-Ghosthunter!

wooyay wrote:
Weird thing was, I was having amazing luck prior to this.

Were you listening to you "inner eye-subconsious" then?
Hmmmmm?

wooyay wrote:
Everything was going right, things were popping into
place perfectly and I was walking around with a huge
grin on my face permanently. I read my star chart for
that period and apparently MARS was doing me big favours.
I hope my bad luck settles down.

Hmmm-unnn-hmmmm? Young? or older? Aspie?Jedi!
Blinded by the darkside(conscious) you be! Let the
force flow through you(subconsious)!

Yoda-Ghosthunter

pizzaboss
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2005, 11:02 am

No, I don't believe in luck.

Sanityisoverrated
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2005, 9:11 pm

Quote:
You know I'm born to lose, and gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby,
I don't wanna live for ever,
And don't forget the joker!

Rock on! :twisted:

Sea Gull
Sea Gull

01 Jul 2005, 10:23 pm

I'm really very unlucky. Something stupid and bad always happens to me.

I also happen to have an object that I cursed that if I touch it, something bad will happen within the next few days. I tried not to believe it several times and picked it up, and yep bad stuff happened. Most recently I picked it up to move it a few times at the end of May and the only oldies station in my area WJMK-104.3 and sister WCBS-101.1 in New York changed format out of nowhere. Great huh? My sister and her friend were talking to me about it and they picked it up thinking I was nuts. My sister got the stomach flu, her friend got grounded for no apparent reason. 100% dead serious here. I did not believe in curses until this. Its the real deal.

Sanityisoverrated
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2005, 1:50 am

Awesome, you should totally mail it to the president!

Prometheus
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2005, 9:03 am

Or to the republican/democractic party!

GO GREENIES!

:roll:

Pugly
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2005, 10:21 am

There isn't exactly luck... in that someone will always do something that is lucky...but due to the apparant random elements in everyones lives some people are going to have more clumps of good things happen, and some will have more clumps of bad things. But you can only make this observation after looking at a life as a whole, at any point in time a random good or bad thing can happen to anyone... so you can't use this to predict if you have good or bad "luck".

The amount of people that have good random things happen, should ballance out with the ammount people with bad random things happening. Life has a bunch things that appear to be random, and a gamble... especially when you don't know what you are doing... like in social situations and Aspies.

I wouldn't call any of this luck though, since through hard work most of it should be able to be overcome... at least to enjoy live resonably. You may not have what other people consider to be succesful, but oh well.

Sophist
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2005, 7:48 pm

I don't believe in luck on a logical, cause and effect level. But in my day to day life, I have fun adhering to some of my own superstitions at times. And I don't assess this but allow the contradiction to remain instead because I enjoy these superstititions. That is my conclusion: I do/believe them because I enjoy them. Like playing imaginary games despite that you know quite well that they are strictly that: imaginary.

My partner's autism science blog, Cortical Chauvinism - http://corticalchauvinism.wordpress.com/

WooYayHooplah
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2005, 4:29 am

Has anyone here seen the film sliding doors? It investigates the life of a woman who reaches a crossroad at the beginning of the film where she has a choice to make. The film explores both choices. One seemingly lucky, the other seemingly unlucky.

The unlucky path mean't that she missed her train, caught her boyfriend in bed with someone else, her career was lost etc etc.
The lucky path mean't she caught the train etc etc... and none of the above happened.

Perhaps what we perceive as unlucky at the time actually isn't and perhaps is a good thing. Say I lost my job because of something that happened. Maybe I will then be forced into a new career that ultimately pays better and is more rewarding. If the initial unlucky event were not to happen I would be stuck in the same awful job.

Any thoughts, analysis, inclinations?

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2005, 9:45 am

WooYayHooplah wrote:
Has anyone here seen the film sliding doors? It investigates the life of a woman who reaches a crossroad at the beginning of the film where she has a choice to make. The film explores both choices. One seemingly lucky, the other seemingly unlucky.

The trippy thing was though that she met the same guy regardless. I think that comes down to being my biggest concen about women though - where I am, where I could have been, how much that realistically matters, or at least I used to worry about that a lot. With women at least I can say my lucks been supernatural; not to say I don't have some that like me, just that when I meet women who I'd like and I get the same response vice a versa I find out they've been engaged for years or if they aren't engaged they're guy is living with em and supporting em (even if I could, I REALLY don't believe in stabbing another dude in the back over a girl - its against my morals).
Then I'll also have enough girls here & there who are into me but its like they'll roll right over my personality and being a little too maternal about things (as if they think I'm childlike innocent). Not that I'll turn em away on that, just that when I try to bring em arround to my personality and try to guide the conversations and the way we flirt in a more adult and dignified way its like they won't take to it - it confuses em, they aren't feeling it, and for some reason it seems like they take it as disinterest.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin