Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Olivia_H
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

08 Sep 2019, 9:50 am

Was anyone else groomed online by predatory people as a kid/teen?

When I was about 12-15, I used to go on chat rooms to see if I could find any people my age who were like me because I used to get picked on at school for being weird. When I went on these chat rooms I would get messaged by older men who I thought were just nice guys, and then they'd ask for my MSN or yahoo chat or whatever and they'd talk to me about school and stuff.

They all got really sexual though and would tell me about sexual stuff and show me sexual stuff, and I had no understanding of any of this because I was really late to develop (i still am). I just assumed that these guys weren't doing bad stuff because they were adults and I always listened to adults.

I used to go to school and think about these guys as friends because I just assumed they were my friends, and because of this I ended up having a really inappropriate view of sexuality and sex at that age.

They would talk about stuff, show me stuff and ask for stuff, most of which I was far too shy to do. I would talk to them about my guinea pigs as well, but it always ended up getting back to sexual stuff.

One guy even said that his father would shoot us both with his shotgun if he found out what he was saying to me online, and he was about 30. He also got really annoyed at me because of my bluntness and rudeness, and he wished "an untimely death" on me.

Looking back, it makes me sad to see how much of an easy target I was. Being an autistic teen I was so trusting of people, especially adults. Not once did I ever think that they were perverts, cuz I didnt even know what a pervert was. It makes me sad to think how many 'me's' there are right now online getting groomed by adults because they're too trusting and unaware.

Anyone else have a similar story they'd like to share?

psychogirl
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

08 Sep 2019, 11:14 am

Yes. I made friends with a guy online who liked to pretend to be a wolf and sent sexualised messages as though he was a wolf. He was in his early twenties, I was around 13. I didn't understand, I just felt embarrassed when he started talking that way and tried to talk about something else. I had no idea that he was an unsafe person though; at one point I was having a crisis because I hadn't done my homework for ages and thought I would be in horrible trouble at school and my parents wouldn't love me anymore so I was going to run away and live with him. When I told him this, he was all up for having a young teenager come to live with him.

Fortunately I came to my senses and changed my mind!

Another one from Turkey was very interested in me; I think I blocked him before anything scary happened.

A friend's husband also got into bed beside me (I was 19 at this point, but still very naive) and put his hand under my pjs and touched my chest. I pretended to be asleep because I didn't know what else to do. I never told her but don't see her anymore.