Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

UnlikelySurface
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

08 Sep 2019, 6:18 pm

This is the new regional dating thread for Arizona, a state in the south-west portion of the United States on the North American continent. Arizona is adjacent to the other US states of California, Nevada, Utah, and New Mexico, and the Mexican states of Sonora and Baja California to the south. Anyone from Arizona or nearby is welcome to post here.

This thread, being the first and so far only Arizona-based thread, is for EVERYONE who is interested; no filters are intended regarding gender, orientation, age (with the exception that everyone should be of legal dating age), ethnicity, lifestyle (monogamous vs polyamorous vs other) etc. It's also fine to post here looking for non-sexual relationships if that's what you are interested in.

Please try to mention all the usual dating-relevant parameters such as your age and what kind of people you are hoping to connect with, what kinds of relationship you are interested in, and it would probably be helpful if you at least narrow your location to whatever part of Arizona or neighbouring states you occupy (perhaps your county or city) along with how far you are willing to travel to visit other people met here.

As with any online dating situation, please be very cautious about posting personally identifiable information. DO NOT POST DIRECT CONTACT INFORMATION IN THIS THREAD, because anybody on the internet will be able to view it and it will end up in databases that will persist forever and allow people to stalk or harass you. Instead, restrict personal details for private messages (PMs) with people whom you have talked with a bit and decided you want to meet.

This thread was created based on the model proposed in viewtopic.php?f=6&t=261033 and I will send appropriate messages to get this thread linked from that one.

UnlikelySurface
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

08 Sep 2019, 7:06 pm

I'll begin with my own post. Some more information about me can be found in the intro topic linked from my signature, or by going to my profile and viewing my recent posts, which I think is a good way to get to know any regular forum-poster.

So: I am 45 years old, male-bodied but non-binary; I don't really consider myself transgender because although I do have /some/ gender dysphoria, it's not caused me as much trouble as it seems to cause the people who identify as transgender and I don't want to dilute the word by including myself in it. Instead I would tend towards calling myself transfeminine. What this means is that although I have a male body and make no real attempts to present myself as a woman, my personality is much closer in many respects to what you would get if a woman was raised with a healthy dose of male privilege. I would be happy to answer any questions about this in PMs.

I am bisexual; although almost all of my experiences have been with women I am not opposed to investigating relationships with other male-bodied people. I tend to be more selective about men, however.

I am polyamorous; to me that means that while I am seeking long-term friendships with commitment, deep understanding, and sexual activity, I won't make any promises to avoid having multiple such relationships. Whether you also are polyamorous is irrelevant to me, but since I was monogamously married for 10 years I have the perception that monogamous partners of polyamorous people tend to be discontent with the arrangement, even if the poly partner doesn't actually have sex with anyone else (as was the case in my marriage). If you think you could handle it, though, that's fine with me.

I am sapiosexual; I don't care too much about bodies that are maybe considered unattractive by the bulk of society, as long as I find myself falling in love with the mind who lives in that body. My own body is moderately attractive by most standards; I have nice legs, some extra weight in the belly, an ok face as long as I shave, which I do when anticipating in-person interactions with new people but if you were to visit me by surprise you could expect a beard because I'm lazy. :)

My current real-world relationships of note are my ex-wife (who in fact lives in the room down the hall from me) and my best friend (who is my ex-wife's sister). I met them both in 1996 and have maintained a close relationship with them the entire time, even through the divorce process. I don't have a sexual relationship with either of them (or anyone else) at this time.

I am looking for close personal friendships, first and foremost. But I am also a slut who is naturally inclined to have sex with anybody I enjoy spending time with. If, like my best friend (who is monogamously engaged to be married to someone else), you aren't interested in sex with me that's ok too.

I live in Tucson, Arizona. Travel is difficult for me due to pain issues and anxiety, so while I could make occasional visits as far as the Phoenix metro area, I am mostly available here in Tucson.

I enjoy talking about social issues and politics sometimes, other times that stuff is too serious/depressing for me so I prefer science fiction and fantasy, or playing games (board games are fun, but video games are more convenient and easy to arrange a lot of the time). I prefer cooperative games to competitive ones. I enjoy visits over food (sushi is a favourite, as are Mediterranean food, and really almost anything else -- I'm not a picky eater), or drinks (I had a brief period in the early 2000's when I was a binge drinker, so I don't keep alcohol at home most of the time but I will have a reasonable drink or two on outings). I don't dance. I have pain issues so walking/hiking isn't a good activity for me either, which is a pity because Tucson has some beautiful places for that.

One thing that I am particularly keen on would be some kind of collaboration -- because I am disabled and one of the biggest things that feeds my depression is the feeling of being useless, I would love to collaborate with anyone on projects of some social use. My skills which could be best used in such projects are mostly software related, although I might surprise you. If you are working on any kind of project in Tucson and want any kind of help, it couldn't hurt to mention it to me in case I can be of use.

Thanks for reading! Please PM me if you have any questions or would like to chat!