Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

kmarie57
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

09 Sep 2019, 5:50 pm

Is anyone else here photogenic?

Sometimes I don't look so great in photos, but there are more times when I do look good in pictures. People have always commented how impressive it is that I can take my face from being straight and turn it quickly into a bright and genuine looking smile (like, I get the eyes right and everything). I can't do this every time, but when I get the look right, I love pictures of myself and will study them endlessly, often fascinated by how happy I look.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2019, 5:51 pm

I'm not particularly photogenic. I look fat in photographs.

kmarie57

09 Sep 2019, 5:53 pm

I often look fat in photos too, but that doesn't mean you can't have a nice looking face.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2019, 6:00 pm

LOL....it's a matter of opinion.

I think I have an "okay" face. Maybe on the "cute" side----which is odd for a 58-year-old man.

red_doghubb
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

09 Sep 2019, 6:12 pm

I'm often told I'm attractive, but my photos? Terrible. Cannot smile with any sincerity- it looks like a grimace even when I think I'm smiling. My family always point out how unhappy/mad/disinterested/old I look; that joke wore thin a long time ago. If I MUST be in a photo I tend to hide in the back so as to be barely seen. I'm a virtual chameleon . I also hate selfies- in part because I look bad but also because I consider them sheer vanity. When I travel I get ppl asking if I want my photo taken in front of some monument; they are surprised when I say no. I've made dozens of trips to almost 30 countries over 20 yrs and I have exactly four photos of me. I have no "domestic" photos of me beyond 10 yrs old and no photos to put on dating web sites, which is one reason I stopped going on them.

kmarie57

09 Sep 2019, 6:20 pm

Oh, wow. I love taking pictures in front of monuments and such. In fact, trying to get a picture in front of a touristy spot is one of the few things that will get me to approach a stranger...because I really want somebody to take a picture for me. I hold onto these pictures as a sort of collection.

red_doghubb
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

09 Sep 2019, 6:26 pm

kmarie57 wrote:
Oh, wow. I love taking pictures in front of monuments and such. In fact, trying to get a picture in front of a touristy spot is one of the few things that will get me to approach a stranger...because I really want somebody to take a picture for me. I hold onto these pictures as a sort of collection.

I feel like the monument, site etc is the most important thing. It's not about me. This also translates into not wanting ppl in my photos; I'll wait endlessly for a good, people free shot of a building or street etc. Of course using a film camera means I can't waste my shots, either.

Redpaws
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 Sep 2019, 6:34 pm

No, I'm not at all photogenic.

red_doghubb wrote:
I feel like the monument, site etc is the most important thing. It's not about me. This also translates into not wanting ppl in my photos; I'll wait endlessly for a good, people free shot of a building or street etc.

That's how I am too. I take pictures of things that interest me, I don't take "look where I've been" photos. And I do my best to avoid people in my pictures.

No terror, no war. No sympathy for terrorists or their supporters and sympathizers

Alterity
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2019, 11:43 pm

It's kind of a toss up. I'm pretty picky about photos of me so others are likely to think I look better in a photo than I do. That said I will take a ton of terrible photos and then there will one that looks great. Like I stare at the photo and wonder how the heck that it's actually me.

I've been told I'm photogenic but the bad photos speak otherwise lol I have found the ratio of good photos goes up when I'm happy. It's kinda funny how much mood change things. I don't think it's just a perception change since I'll still think I look good in them even when I'm more normal or down.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2019, 12:26 am

I've taken one selfie in my life, just to see how it works. I think it's an odd vanity type of fascination too, and I don't understand why some people are so obsessed with self-memorialising. I also hate having my photo taken. I always look terrified or else I'm looking away from the camera. I don't have a fake smile that I can produce on command.

PurpleReject
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

10 Sep 2019, 12:49 am

From the right angles I don't look too terrible.

Olivia_H
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

10 Sep 2019, 3:15 am

I don't smile at all in photos, in fact I rarely smile at all lol. In photos I look far better with a slight smirk or just nothing at all. I've been told I look good in photos but I think everyone just says that to everyone to be nice.

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2019, 9:09 am

I look terrible in photos much of the time. I look stiff and uncomfortable. I do have some professional photos that look nice, though.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2019, 9:10 am

In order for a person to look good in a photograph, a person almost always has to smile. Unless a photograph is being used to make a point or something.

I don't have the greatest smile, frankly----but it is what it is.

darkwaver
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

10 Sep 2019, 7:52 pm

Not photogenic at all.

firemonkey
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2019, 2:22 am

I'm not in any way photogenic . I can't do a teeth showing smile as my teeth are like a 16th century old crone .