9/11 " of age " - Where were you then?

Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ] 

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2019, 11:33 am

Today is the 18th anniversary of the World Trade Center/Pentagon/a.field in Pennsylvania suicide attacks in 2001. Where were you then?

My life destroyed by Thorazine and Mellaril - and rape - and the Psychiatric/Industrial Complex. SOB:-(! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2019, 12:18 pm

I slept in that morning I had been up late the night before.Found out about it around 10am.I was 26 years old

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2019, 3:50 pm

My sister and I were still at home eating breakfast, watching coverage that was being aired on The Today Show and wondering what was really going on in New York City.

I had barely begun my middle school years (I was 11) and my sister had barely begun her high school years (she was 14), but as we were watching the coverage, we had a thought; Will something similar happen on the West Coast?

(Thankfully of course, nothing like that happened on the West Coast. Before we left, we saw both buildings of the World Trade Center collapse and we couldn't find any words to describe what we saw.)

When we arrived at our schools, the principals of our schools said very much the same thing over the intercoms: "There has been a pair of bombings in New York City and another just happened in Washington DC. Portland is not in any danger right now, so please go on about your day."

Moretto
Raven
Raven

Location: 01 Oakes Vetoh Lemala, Zeydin Seetznin, Hanow, Cassonie

11 Sep 2019, 4:52 pm

I was at home having breakfast.

"You think your pain and your heartbreak are unprecedented in the history of the world, but then you read. It was books that taught me that the things that tormented me most were the very things that connected me with all the people who were alive, who had ever been alive." - Baldwin

BAP_Buddy
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

11 Sep 2019, 5:28 pm

A couple classes into school, the teacher was called out of the room for a few moments, and upon returning, told us that his mother had called to tell him that the towers were hit by planes, but their relatives that worked there weren't in the building at that time and were safe. We ended up having TVs on throughout the day from class to class as it became more clear what had happened. I was 14, 10 days before turning 15, and in 9th grade.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2019, 5:34 pm

I was 18 years younger.

Persephone29
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2019, 10:07 pm

I was pulling out of my office to go to a Dr's office site visit when it broke over the radio station.

Neurocognitive exam in May 2019, diagnosed with ASD, Asperger's type in June 2019.

Apuleius
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

11 Sep 2019, 10:52 pm

I worked on the 10th until 4 AM, then went to bed and crashed. By the time I was awake, all 4 planes had crashed and it was all over.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2019, 11:25 pm

I was in a University library looking at microfiche.

Persephone29
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2019, 11:29 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:

I love Microfische. Only problem was I got sidetracked and read other interesting stories for the time and never got to what I was originally looking for. :nerdy:

Neurocognitive exam in May 2019, diagnosed with ASD, Asperger's type in June 2019.

martianprincess
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2019, 11:30 pm

Sixth grade, we were doing math.

I like wild orchids and neighbors with wide orbits

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2019, 11:32 pm

Persephone29 wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:

I love Microfische. Only problem was I got sidetracked and read other interesting stories for the time and never got to what I was originally looking for. :nerdy:

100% :P

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2019, 12:25 am

On my way to a doctor’s appointment. I was 21 years old.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2019, 2:08 am

...I was in Rochester, MN.

My life destroyed by Thorazine and Mellaril - and rape - and the Psychiatric/Industrial Complex. SOB:-(! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!

Laeril
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

12 Sep 2019, 4:15 pm

I was twelve and in the orthodontist's chair getting an adjustment when the first tower was hit. I saw the second one hit on live TV when I got home.

My little brother turned five that day. We had celebrated the day before so our cousins could be there. I remember trying to explain to him that something bad had happened, but I doubt I made much sense to him between my sobs and his tender age.

He turned twenty-three yesterday, and said this birthday was the first he could remember where people weren't talking about 9/11 constantly in his social media feed. I would have posted the picture of me first holding him on Facebook, but we haven't digitized those photos yet.

September 11th is also our grandfather's birthday, but since he has Alzheimer's now, he probably doesn't remember the event clearly.