martianprincess
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2019, 10:54 am

Fnord wrote:
martianprincess wrote:
Fnord wrote:
martianprincess wrote:
At least half that list is stuff that are part of my "special interests", but I at least know they're not scientifically sound... It's still fun though...
Did you ever stop to think about how much better your life would be if your "special interests" were STEM subjects instead?
Did you ever stop to think about how your comments can sometimes sound condescending?
No. If I did that, I would never say anything.
martianprincess wrote:
Ask me about medical stuff/genetics, research methodology, statistics, etc. and I can probably talk your ear off.  I've got lots of science-related special interests besides the spooky ones.
In that case, I apologize.

You're a good egg, Fnord, it's totally okay. I don't get my feelings hurt easily, I was just joking around.
But really, I highly value science. I can also play around with the paranormal and know it's all in good fun. :)

I like wild orchids and neighbors with wide orbits

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2019, 10:57 am

martianprincess wrote:
... I highly value science. I can also play around with the paranormal and know it's all in good fun.
"For Entertainment Purposes Only" read the sign above the table where I used to perform tarot readings. I did it for the money because I couldn't find a regular job elsewhere.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

martianprincess
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2019, 11:00 am

Fnord wrote:
martianprincess wrote:
... I highly value science. I can also play around with the paranormal and know it's all in good fun.
"For Entertainment Purposes Only" read the sign above the table where I used to perform tarot readings. I did it for the money because I couldn't find a regular job elsewhere.

That's not a bad gig for money, I'd definitely do that if people paid me to.
Plus, there are some beautifully-made tarot decks with lovely art.

I like wild orchids and neighbors with wide orbits

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2019, 11:14 am

martianprincess wrote:
Fnord wrote:
martianprincess wrote:
That's not a bad gig for money, I'd definitely do that if people paid me to...
Yeah ... but it didn't take me long to realize that some of my clients were dead-serious about my readings. Some would come back several days in a row for "guidance from the cards". It got really scary when I began to attract a small group of followers who invited me to meet regularly with all of them for seances and channeling sessions. I cited "Dark Influences" and backed out in a hurry.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2019, 11:27 am

I don’t think I would want to travel back in time.Go too far back and you might catch a weird disease or get devoured by something.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2019, 2:19 am

i would much rather take a semi-edumacated gamble and try the FUTURE. i'd start with a year out, then 3 years, then 10, another 10 until i got to about 50 years, then depending on the conditions, would add 50 years to that. in stages i would want to work towards the year 100,000 AD or whatever the natives call it at that time.