Page 2 of 5 [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2019, 11:01 pm

i'd like to experience 1970/71 again. but as an adult and not a child.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2019, 11:08 pm

auntblabby wrote:

YES!!
I'd want to go back and watch myself as a child. The summers of 71 and 72 would answer a lot of questions.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2019, 11:10 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

YES!! I'd want to go back and watch myself as a child. The summers of 71 and 72 would answer a lot of questions.

the reason i like those years is because they truly are on the cusp of the true 70s which didn't seem to start until about '72. so they had 60s vibes and earliest proto-70s vibes going on at once.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2019, 11:49 pm

3 days ago to correct the mistake of accidentally selling a batch of 10 essence reclamation scrolls for the price of one.

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2019, 2:17 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
Men from the Upper Paleolithic never even saw a dinosaur.

The Upper Paleolithic was about 35,000 to 10,000-5,000 BC, depending on location.

The last dinosaur died out about 63 million BC.

And when did I say they saw dinosaurs 8O Those were two different time periods. Maybe you will try to convince me now my grandparents lived in the Upper Paleolithic 8O

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2019, 2:21 am

naturalplastic wrote:
Irulan wrote:
I'd love to see dinosaurs and the Upper Paleolithic era to see what Jean Auel's Ayla and Jondalar could see, with my own eyes :D I was always curious whether their people really saw no connection between sex and having babies :? It was that thing I had the biggest problem with believing in, when I was reading Mrs. Auel's novels. I would also like to meet L. M. Montgomery and H.P. Lovecraft, so the early years of the previous century are ones I would like to go to, as well. And, of course, I would like to see my grandparents when they were still young people to see what their early life looked like in their village.

Like Krafty, I hope that you are aware that the "Upper Paleotlithic", and the Mesozoic, were different eras vastly separated in time. And that cavemen never saw dinosaurs.

And where did I say the caveman saw dinosaurs? :roll: I just said I would like to see several separate time periods like the one dinosaurs lived, the one the cavemen lived, the one my favorite writers lived and the one when my grandparents were young but it takes someone really... odd :roll: to claim all of them lived in the same time period 8O

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2019, 4:20 am

Do I go back to the way I was with my undiagnosed brain exactly the way it was or do I go back as I am now and knowing the future?

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2019, 4:27 am

ASPartOfMe wrote:
Do I go back to the way I was with my undiagnosed brain exactly the way it was or do I go back as I am now and knowing the future?

methinks you go back as you are now with all the wisdom and workarounds gained through the years of living experience. a time machine would not necessarily reverse time, it would just make you an anachronism in time.

Aprilviolets
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2019, 5:03 am

I would like to go back to 6th April 1974 to see ABBA win the Eurovision song contest.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2019, 5:43 am

ASPartOfMe wrote:

If I went back in time and told myself to be assessed, so it would save this waiting period, I would have laughed at myself because I didn't know what autism was, except to have seen the more extreme cases on the TV. (Oh and I feel for them. What they go through daily).

It took years of people telling me and going through various trials in my life before I finally caught on and said to myself "Maybe they are right?"

And I still don't know for sure. Why is life so complicated? Why can't I shut off my thoughts, and live my life... And then the assessment day comes.... Why am I asking so many questions? Why? Why? Uhmm. Ok. Back to chatting away everyone. Ignore me... Everyone else does! HAHAHAHAHHAHA!

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2019, 5:59 am

^^^you are too noticeable to be ignorable ;)

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2019, 6:01 am

Oops!

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2019, 6:47 am

Sorry, Irulan.

My bad. I hope we’re still friends :)

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2019, 6:51 am

Ah, yes, we are still friends :) Only children who watch The Flintstones do think humans and dinosaurs lived in the same time period, though, lol. :lol:

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2019, 6:52 am

It would have been swell to see a dinosaur :)

Justin101
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

12 Sep 2019, 6:53 am

Go right to the beginning of time itself and reset the universe so no bad can happen.
Intelligent life wouldn't attack itself and destroy the planet(s) it lived on.
Pretty simple, you'd think.