Page 2 of 5 [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2019, 6:52 am

It would have been swell to see a dinosaur :)

Justin101
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

12 Sep 2019, 6:53 am

Go right to the beginning of time itself and reset the universe so no bad can happen.
Intelligent life wouldn't attack itself and destroy the planet(s) it lived on.
Pretty simple, you'd think.

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2019, 6:59 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
It would have been swell to see a dinosaur :)

I'd like to see what colors their skin had. I'd like to see a T-Rex - but it would be quite a dangerous adventure. 8O And I always wanted to see a megalodon as well :D

As for other time periods, I would like to see also ancient Egypt.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2019, 7:13 am

I would like to see how some Aspie became so obsessed enough with a dog—that he/she took steps to domesticate it.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2019, 8:07 am

Irulan wrote:
Ah, yes, we are still friends :) Only children who watch The Flintstones do think humans and dinosaurs lived in the same time period, though, lol. :lol:

in our central bible belt there is a creationist museum which also depicts dinosaurs together with humans in its exhibits.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2019, 8:08 am

i bet dinosaurs stank to heaven.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2019, 8:14 am

Reptiles don’t normally have as strong scents as mammals.

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2019, 9:54 am

auntblabby wrote:
Irulan wrote:
Ah, yes, we are still friends :) Only children who watch The Flintstones do think humans and dinosaurs lived in the same time period, though, lol. :lol:

in our central bible belt there is a creationist museum which also depicts dinosaurs together with humans in its exhibits.

Some Polish politician claimed recently that the cavemen threw stones at dinosaurs to kill them for meat 8O And another one states that dinos and humans lived in the same period too, the best proof of which is the existence of legends about dragons 8O

Moretto
Raven
Raven

Location: 01 Oakes Vetoh Lemala, Zeydin Seetznin, Hanow, Cassonie

12 Sep 2019, 10:11 am

^ Just speculation but Something tells me dragons more than likely arose from encountering skeletons/fossils...not living specimens, or from reports of large reptiles (think komodo dragons, monitors) by explorers which were then distorted upon returning home

But I see his point.

Irulan wrote:
I'd like to see what colors their skin had.

Yeah, at least compared to skeletal structure we know very little about the soft tissue structure and color of these beasts. The best we've been able to come up with thus far is using surviving melanosomes from feathered dinos, or more rarely from the integuments of nonfeathered dinos. But those only represent a small part.

auntblabby wrote:
i bet dinosaurs stank to heaven.

I'm sure...

"You think your pain and your heartbreak are unprecedented in the history of the world, but then you read. It was books that taught me that the things that tormented me most were the very things that connected me with all the people who were alive, who had ever been alive." - Baldwin

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2019, 10:52 am

Moretto wrote:
^ Just speculation but Something tells me dragons more than likely arose from encountering skeletons/fossils...not living specimens, or from reports of large reptiles (think komodo dragons, monitors) by explorers which were then distorted upon returning home

But I see his point.

There is a famous Polish legend on the Wawel Dragon :D https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wawel_Dragon And that politician, whom I mentioned, is a Young Earth creationist and literally believes the world got created in six days like 6 000 years ago.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2019, 1:12 pm

Irulan wrote:

I watched The Flinstones. Uhmmm. HAHAHAHAHHA!

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2019, 1:42 pm

I also would like to see ancient Rome - I won recently two books on it in contests :D In The Star Bright https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Clifton two children with psychic powers could travel in time and they could watch everything without being involved directly in the events they witnessed - if I could travel back in time, I would want it to be in such a way - in this way no T-Rex would devour my body and generally, no one would attack me :D

martianprincess
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2019, 1:48 pm

The 90s as an adult, to have a different perspective of it. And to participate in the aliens/conspiracy subculture. And watch Twin Peaks in its original airing.

I'd also go back to the 60s because I'm mega curious if I'd be too much of a square to participate in the counterculture. :lol:

Things have never been super great for women though so I also hesitate to go back in time at all.

I like wild orchids and neighbors with wide orbits

la_fenkis
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2019, 3:34 pm

I'd go back to just before the beginning of the universe, but to where I am unsure.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2019, 4:51 pm

auntblabby wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
Do I go back to the way I was with my undiagnosed brain exactly the way it was or do I go back as I am now and knowing the future?

methinks you go back as you are now with all the wisdom and workarounds gained through the years of living experience. a time machine would not necessarily reverse time, it would just make you an anachronism in time.

Then I would not want to go back very far if at all because my physical ailments would not be or less treatable, less or no benefits and no autistic community to commiserate with.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2019, 10:51 pm

Irulan wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
Irulan wrote:

Some Polish politician claimed recently that the cavemen threw stones at dinosaurs to kill them for meat 8O And another one states that dinos and humans lived in the same period too, the best proof of which is the existence of legends about dragons 8O

do you have a bible belt in your country?