Page 1 of 5 [ 70 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2019, 3:08 pm

If you could go back in time what time and where would you travel to?

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2019, 3:41 pm

I'd love to see dinosaurs and the Upper Paleolithic era to see what Jean Auel's Ayla and Jondalar could see, with my own eyes :D I was always curious whether their people really saw no connection between sex and having babies :? It was that thing I had the biggest problem with believing in, when I was reading Mrs. Auel's novels. I would also like to meet L. M. Montgomery and H.P. Lovecraft, so the early years of the previous century are ones I would like to go to, as well. And, of course, I would like to see my grandparents when they were still young people to see what their early life looked like in their village.

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2019, 3:45 pm

9 months before I was born so I could Cockblock my parents :twisted:

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2019, 3:59 pm

Irulan wrote:
I'd love to see dinosaurs and the Upper Paleolithic era to see what Jean Auel's Ayla and Jondalar could see, with my own eyes :D I was always curious whether their people really saw no connection between sex and having babies :? It was that thing I had the biggest problem with believing in, when I was reading Mrs. Auel's novels. I would also like to meet L. M. Montgomery and H.P. Lovecraft, so the early years of the previous century are ones I would like to go to, as well. And, of course, I would like to see my grandparents when they were still young people to see what their early life looked like in their village.

I was 18 years old when my parents told me that my Mum was pregnant, and I suddenly realized that they had had sex. I was discusted with them and didn't speak to them for a while, and when my Mum asked why and I told her what she had done, my Mum said "How do you think you were born?" etc... It took me a day or two to calm down and accept that marriage involves sex!
Previously I always thought of sex as something that was bad. Something that was not to be even mentioned. Sexual words were swear words. Yes, I was very sexually attracted to women. But I had not connected the dots!
Oh gosh... I remember sex education in Science lessons in school in form 3. I just didn't relate the lessons to anything to do with people. I mean... We had to draw a diagram of a womans insides. I didn't know what we were drawing. When eggs were mwntioned and sperm, which we were told look like tadpoles, I had tadpoles on my mind.
And when the exams came up I failed the whole sex education section. Even worse, the science teacher read my answers to the whole class. Like:
"What's a misscarriage?" I took a guess and said "A car to take a lady to a wedding".
Things like that.
And when the whole class was in stitches laughing, the teacher said "You can laugh. He (Meaning me) had the top marks in the exam" (I had 89%. The sex education part only stood for 10% of the exam).
Word got out and the kids in school took great delight in asking me sexual questions like "What's masterbaiting?" I said "I don't do fishing" etc, etc. I just guessed.

So when I was 18 everything became such a shock!

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2019, 4:14 pm

April 1, 1967 to stop a mental hospital escapee from raping and murdering my 11-year old neighbor.

:cry:

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2019, 4:29 pm

The first modern Olympic Games in Athens, Greece, in 1896

Moretto
Raven
Raven

Location: 01 Oakes Vetoh Lemala, Zeydin Seetznin, Hanow, Cassonie

11 Sep 2019, 4:32 pm

Fnord wrote:
April 1, 1967 to stop a mental hospital escapee from raping and murdering my 11-year old neighbor.

:cry:

^^ the above timeframe to help Fnord stop that sicko.

I'm sorry you had to witness/go through that.

"You think your pain and your heartbreak are unprecedented in the history of the world, but then you read. It was books that taught me that the things that tormented me most were the very things that connected me with all the people who were alive, who had ever been alive." - Baldwin

Last edited by Moretto on 11 Sep 2019, 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2019, 4:38 pm

Men from the Upper Paleolithic never even saw a dinosaur.

The Upper Paleolithic was about 35,000 to 10,000-5,000 BC, depending on location.

The last dinosaur died out about 63 million BC.

Moretto
Raven
Raven

Location: 01 Oakes Vetoh Lemala, Zeydin Seetznin, Hanow, Cassonie

11 Sep 2019, 4:40 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:

Not true, the acrylic painting course I took last summer, was full of them....

"You think your pain and your heartbreak are unprecedented in the history of the world, but then you read. It was books that taught me that the things that tormented me most were the very things that connected me with all the people who were alive, who had ever been alive." - Baldwin

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2019, 4:41 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
Men from the Upper Paleolithic never even saw a dinosaur.

The Upper Paleolithic was about 35,000 to 10,000-5,000 BC, depending on location.

Not sure I agree regarding the timescale of when dinosaurs roamed the earth, but it would be fascinating to see them though.... But maybe from a distance! Haha.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2019, 5:14 pm

I believe the Earth is 4.6 billion years old, or thereabouts. I've been seeing this figure since I was a kid in the 1970s.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2019, 5:42 pm

That is what is taught generally Science... (Though there are many different dates scientists have givennover the years and there is a recent movement to favour a young earth... The truth is that no one can be exact for sure as none of us were actually there).

But what if the timescale is out? The various dating methods are assumed to be correct as they assume a gradual change in atmospheric climate and decay etc.
Every scientist who has researched and come up with their conclusions has also tried to bring proof so others can follow their theory, and proof has come to light both supporting an old earth and other proof supporting a young earth.

Young earth supporters do tend to be largely Christian based, but not entirely (And just like science, in Christianity there are great differences in oppinions from those who are Christians and scientists, of which there are many tallented people).

A site which fascinates me is http://www.arkdiscovery.com

Edit. I hope no one minds me having a different view of how I believe things took place.

Last edited by Mountain Goat on 11 Sep 2019, 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2019, 5:51 pm

Irulan wrote:

Like Krafty, I hope that you are aware that the "Upper Paleotlithic", and the Mesozoic, were different eras vastly separated in time. And that cavemen never saw dinosaurs.

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2019, 9:28 pm

I would travel back 4 years , take double the amount and go deeper into the woods

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2019, 10:07 pm

I would go back to the great library in Alexandria. Persuade them to install a sprinkler system to suppress fires. And I would show them how to use movable type and printing presses so they could make multiple copies of books.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2019, 10:17 pm

My own life:
Every Christmas Eve and Christmas Day from 1970 - 1977.
If I could only pick one, it would be 1975.