Felicity Huffman sentenced to 14 days in prison

Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2019, 3:09 pm

Actress Felicity Huffman has been sentenced to 14 in prison,a $30,000 fine,250 hours of community service and 1 year of supervised release.Federal court judge Indira Talwani said today in Boston.

She has 90 days to report to prison

Full story on CNN

Magna
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2019, 3:30 pm

The first thing I wonder is whether or not your average person that isn't a celebrity would get the exact same sentence or would your average person get a stiffer sentence than that.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2019, 4:00 pm

Who is she and what did she do? (Too lazy to google, sorry).

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2019, 4:09 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
I'm sorry too I don't know how to post links.
Felicity Huffman is an actress I think from desperate house wives.She and a bunch of people including Lori Loughlin were involved in a scheme to bribe colleges to get there kids into the best schools.The bribes were substantial in the tens of thousands of dollars.

many people were involved in this but Felicity was the first to plead guilty and be sentenced.

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2019, 4:15 pm

Magna wrote:
The first thing I wonder is whether or not your average person that isn't a celebrity would get the exact same sentence or would your average person get a stiffer sentence than that.
Better lawyers almost always means a better outcome,that is for sure.

However one must remember the average person could not commit this crime,bribing Stanford university $50,000 to get your kids in.Only a rich person with good lawyers could do that anyway

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2019, 4:17 pm

vermontsavant wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:
Felicity Huffman is an actress I think from desperate house wives.She and a bunch of people including Lori Loughlin were involved in a scheme to bribe colleges to get there kids into the best schools.The bribes were substantial in the tens of thousands of dollars.

many people were involved in this but Felicity was the first to plead guilty and be sentenced.

What a bunch of privileged garbage, those parents involved are I am glad they got caught.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2019, 4:31 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
vermontsavant wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:

What a bunch of privileged garbage, those parents involved are I am glad they got caught.

I remember reading about that scandal, on WP. She should do a hell of a lot more time than 14 days. I have no mercy for the entitled who rob and cheat others. :(

Thanks for the update, and for reminding me why I've never watched DH.

Magna
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2019, 4:53 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
vermontsavant wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:

I remember reading about that scandal, on WP. She should do a hell of a lot more time than 14 days. I have no mercy for the entitled who rob and cheat others. :(

^ This is exactly right. I would assume there are only a limited number of students that can attend any school each year. For each of the non-qualified students of the parents who committed bribery that got in based on status, power, money and illegality, there were qualified students who were denied access.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2019, 4:56 pm

Magna wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
vermontsavant wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:

^ This is exactly right. I would assume there are only a limited number of students that can attend any school each year. For each of the non-qualified students of the parents who committed bribery that got in based on status, power, money and illegality, there were qualified students who were denied access.

What if its just the tip of the iceberg and wealthy families have been doing this for decades without getting caught. I mean unfortunately I cannot just trust it was an isolated incident.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2019, 5:04 pm

And it pisses me off, she has 90 days to head to prison.

Don't most people just get arrested and taken to prison once the sentence is laid out? Idk how people can deny that there really is one set of laws/consequences for the wealthy and another set for the poor.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2019, 5:37 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
And it pisses me off, she has 90 days to head to prison.

Don't most people just get arrested and taken to prison once the sentence is laid out? Idk how people can deny that there really is one set of laws/consequences for the wealthy and another set for the poor.

I'm sure it's important that she be home in time for Christmas. :duh: :huh: :wall:

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2019, 6:56 pm

We can establish that expensive lawyers can get you a lighter sentence. Not the first time.

Two other investigations should be held. Firstly the presiding judge needs to be interrogated to justify partiality and secondly the colleges in question should be investigated as to why they were accepting bribes

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2019, 11:57 pm

cyberdad wrote:
We can establish that expensive lawyers can get you a lighter sentence. Not the first time.

Two other investigations should be held. Firstly the presiding judge needs to be interrogated to justify partiality and secondly the colleges in question should be investigated as to why they were accepting bribes
I don't think the presiding judge needs to be interrogated,respect for the bench is a hallmark of the system even if the system is flawed.

Many people are being investigated and charged in this case including members of colleges and universities that took bribes.
I also want to correct something I said earlier,I had read that Huffman had 90 days to report to jail.That is incorrect,she must report to prison on october 25th

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2019, 11:04 am

Felicity Huffman won't be doing hard time when she spends 2 weeks behind bars but it won't be hollywood glamour either.She can do some sunbathing but only after she makes her bed.

The actress is turning herself in to FCI Dublin in California.She will get a jumpsuit and three pairs of underwear.She will get a hygiene kit plus a roll of toilet paper.Most of her time will be spent inside,but sunbathing is allowed but only on the sun decks from friday afternoon until sunday at 8pm.

Full story on TMZ.com

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2019, 9:16 pm

vermontsavant wrote:
Most of her time will be spent inside,but sunbathing is allowed but only on the sun decks from friday afternoon until sunday at 8pm.

Oh the horror! :lol:

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2019, 2:05 pm

Felicity Huffman reports to prison today in Dublin,CA to begin her two week sentence for her role in the college admissions scandal.