Asking for accommodations at a HUGE job conference

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

endersdragon34
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

15 Sep 2019, 10:01 am

I am about to go to one of the biggest law conferences in America, I have signed up to interview with 5 different places for my 2L (second year of law school) summer internship. The problem is, I have noticed that they do all these interviews in the same room with judging by pictures over a thousand people (perhaps well over). I am a bit nervous about asking if it is possible to interview somewhere else (there is someone who I can email for accommodations but that seems like it might just be physical accommodations) as that would basically involve disclosing that I am autistic and all the rest of it, but I am also worried that if I interview in that room I will just shut down. To add to it, the worrying about disclosing, I am interviewing at 3 disability law places and 2 DoJ places... probably not the most sensible thing to worry about, but still, some people who work with autistics on a regular basis just have a hard time seeing us as being capable of doing great things. So in short what would you guys do?