Page 3 of 3 [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Fireblossom
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2019, 6:13 am

Mine actually started ticking when I was 11 or 12, as in that was when I was sure I wanted a child as an adult. Recently I've been playing with the idea that if I'm not in a serious relationship by the time I turn 30 and my life hasn't gone seriously downhill in some way, I'll try to get a child on my own with assisted reproduction.

SharonB
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2019, 12:01 pm

Fireblossom wrote:
Mine actually started ticking when I was 11 or 12, as in that was when I was sure I wanted a child as an adult. Recently I've been playing with the idea that if I'm not in a serious relationship by the time I turn 30 and my life hasn't gone seriously downhill in some way, I'll try to get a child on my own with assisted reproduction.

Yea for your determination and the community's options!

I have two friends who have done so (their children are ages 7 & 8 now). In their cases, both were in relationships that ended after pregnancy loss and they both continued on their own in various ways. One remains single and the other blended her family with another family a year ago.

I have another friend who banked her eggs in her 30s and is nearing a final decision as to what to do...

:heart: for families (in all the shapes and sizes they come in - including children, pets and shared Interests too)