Feeling depressed due to being single at 30

Page 8 of 11 [ 172 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Leon_Trotsky
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

13 Dec 2019, 5:02 pm

I came across this article:

Later-in-life virgins – ‘At my age, it becomes a red flag’

I think that the title says it all.

I am not sure what to think of this article, whether to feel depressed or just brush it off and keep trying like usual. Here are some quotes from the article that really had me thinking about this:

Quote:
If it seems as though taboos about sex have lifted in these ostensibly open-minded times, there is one that holds steady: the stigma over never having had sex. While it has become widely unacceptable to criticise someone for having too many partners, being a virgin “still seems to be something that can be only mocked or shamed or suspect”, says Richard.

That is deflating to hear.

About the same guy:

Quote:
He is articulate, even wryly humorous, about his virginity, even as he says it causes him day-to-day unhappiness. “It’s like trying to date with an STD that’s not contagious and easily curable, but still puts people off.”

So today's society regards virginity at 25+ as basically an STI. That is the extent to which people hate virgins?

Quote:
Three years ago Richard was pursued by a woman who retreated after learning, via a game of 20 questions over text, that he was a virgin. “When I kind of pried, she said that she thought that she would ‘ruin’ me.” That response is not uncommon, he says. “It’s like they’re dictating your sexuality for you, in a way – what you are and aren’t ready for, what you can handle emotionally, just based on that one titbit about you.”

I can relate. And this guy is only one year older than I am. Is this what is to become of my future?

green0star
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2019, 9:21 am

Could be worse, you can be in a long distance relationship where you haven't seen the other person in over 2 years due to persistent bad luck on their end and your parents cutting you completely off on your end.

WantToHaveALife
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2019, 8:17 am

i know its quite common in Japan, I know that the Buddhist religion people believe in reincarnation after death, that you come back to life as a different animal, I will admit, sometimes I would like to come back as a Male Lion, their mating dance, courtship ritual, looks easier or more simple, straight to the point, no mind-games or shit-tests involved, they just get on with it.

ANGRYASPERGERINCEL
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

16 Dec 2019, 10:57 am

The Grand Inquisitor wrote:
OP, your predicament is not uncommon among men with Asperger's. While younger than you, I'm struggling with the same issue, as are a reasonable number of men, and a few women, who frequent this site.

Where do you think the problem lies? Why might women not be interested in going out with you? Have you tried putting yourself in situations where you might be able to meet women? Are you overweight or underweight? Are you generally considered physically unattractive? What's your occupation and job status like? What have you tried in the past to meet women?

blazingstar wrote:
How would other people know your sexual status if you don't tell them? It's none of their business until the relationship has grown close and comfortable.

I can't speak for the OP, but I would certainly fear getting with someone in a sexual context, who totally expects that I would know what I'm doing, only to find out that I don't. They could feel betrayed as a result of me not telling them about my virginity status. They might not have agreed to have sex had they known that I was still a virgin. And if it's someone you've been getting to know for quite some time, that could be even worse. They might not have pursued anything with you, had they been aware of your virginity status.

blazingstar wrote:
You could try looking in a group of people with your interests, at a religious group, in a soup kitchen or homeless shelter. People who work at the latter locations tend to be caring. Look for a friend first.

Interests, yes, but this won't work so great if all OP's interests are male-dominated. If OP has interests that are more gender-balanced, or better yet, female-dominated, that has a better chance of working.

Religious group, well OP said he was not religious, so the only reason he'd be attending would be to find a potential girlfriend, which I think is not a good sole reason to go to anything, unless it's a singles group or something like that, because if he doesn't find a partner from that group, he gets nothing out of going there. This is all before even considering the fact that OP said he was non-religious, so any woman who is serious enough about her religion to attend a religious group isn't likely to want a non-religious partner. Not only that, but if OP revealed he's an atheist and was subsequently questioned about his reasons for being at the religious group, he'd be faced with the choice of embarrassing himself and telling everyone he's there looking for a girlfriend, or he'd have to lie.

With the soup kitchen or homeless shelter, if OP would choose to be there of his own volition and find the work rewarding in and of itself, that's not a bad idea, but if he's begrudgingly going in hopes of finding a girlfriend, I don't think that's a good idea. I can't speak for OP, but if I was to look for a partner by working at a soup kitchen or a homeless shelter, I'd just resent that I was doing it if I didn't get a romantic partner from it, because it's not something I'd volunteer to do if I had a partner, or wasn't looking for one. And if I did get a romantic partner from it, I'd stop volunteering, and if I met my partner there and I stop volunteering, the truth comes out and it becomes pretty obvious that I was never volunteering there for the sake of volunteering.

This is the problem that I have when people suggest taking up a hobby to meet women. It's very insincere and almost creepy to do that for an ulterior motive.

ANGRYASPERGERINCEL
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

16 Dec 2019, 10:58 am

Whatislove wrote:
I,m in the same boat. 29 will be 30 on 27 oktober.
I wanted a relationship once in my life before age 30, taste and enjoy young adult life. Since april im on 3 date sites. tinder= 100% crap i think over 500 swipes 40 superlikes i handed out. Only 1 contact whit a few messages. Or extremely fat ugly woman who liked me, in total i got 6 woman that liked me 3 ugly for match. Two where nice but no messages back. Its been hard work for me, spending from 2-12 hours each day sending personal messages, it kills me at first. Because it really hurts to sent out messages u typ whit your soul, just simply get ignored most of the time or not even readed. Its rude u put so much effort in a nice story how u like some 1 they dont even open your message. I learned online dating is extremely toxic its really something u need to build a shell for because most woman online are indifferent. Im really sensitive i felt whit each new approach something died in me. Some real meant effort. Now i just copy/paste a good story whit my intrest, what i like to do whit a girl and if they respond then i start a real conversation.
My stats on 2 serious date sites.I started a conversation whit 300 different woman. Had 2 dates. 1 was a failure and 1 was a fun date but not my type she smoked and her breath was far from good. But lets go back to numbers, the date chance = 0.75% chance on a date. Succes Rate still 0% for me :( Im am 5 months in progress of online dating. Whit atleast 600 hours spent. My deadline is getting close i want my virginity for a special someone. But looks like its not going to happen before my 30. So i took prostitute 3 weeks ago gived her the most disappointed time in her life haha. Visit her littel over a week ago a second time. Beautiful Latin Girl 24 Age, This time i did much better exspecially the licking part. For rest i gived her messages a few hugs and a lot of soft pleasent strokes. It feels wonderfull but damn expensive around 175 dollar for a hour. But my advice if u have the cash and running out of patience, fck all these normal impossible girls that only look for close to perfect males. Whit a good job, stable friends life etc. Most of them need someone that is good for there selfimage. If they know you are autist 99% runs away out of fear of the unknown and stereotype ideas. If something plays a big role for NT its group acceptance and attention. We are not the persons they like to brag about when they get home or friends place. Yeah im littel salty, but i think the truth is not far away. My respect for any woman that does date us, wish more woman where just as great as you, i would luv u like no tommorow. But again just go to the red lights, enjoy your time. Be carefull find a good hooker for sex. I hope u will find love. But having fun and littel body to body contact keeps u going, at least i feel better. I think the cuddle harmones are kicking in. But still the idea is sad that i most take these steps to be whit a woman, pay lot of my life savings to be lil more happy. If u only gived me a chance to love.

As a prostitute user since the age of 25, I agree with this post.

I read a lot about some aspies being asexual, but I can tell you, I must be an exception because I feel the opposite of asexual.

Since about 13.5 years old, the thought of intimacy with a human female has caused me a mental overload, but in a good way.

With my prostitute experiences many have often asked "are you alright!?" when fondling them because I am like
the "Gollum" character from the movie "The Lord of the Rings" when I get near them.

Prostitutes are legal in Europe, mainland is ideal as they are still seen as seedy and only semi legal in the UK but it's better than nothing.

Edit: Fck, 9 pages!? I'm not sifting through all that, but this is my 2 cents

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2019, 11:02 am

ANGRYASPERGERINCEL wrote:
Whatislove wrote:
I,m in the same boat. 29 will be 30 on 27 oktober.
I wanted a relationship once in my life before age 30, taste and enjoy young adult life. Since april im on 3 date sites. tinder= 100% crap i think over 500 swipes 40 superlikes i handed out. Only 1 contact whit a few messages. Or extremely fat ugly woman who liked me, in total i got 6 woman that liked me 3 ugly for match. Two where nice but no messages back. Its been hard work for me, spending from 2-12 hours each day sending personal messages, it kills me at first. Because it really hurts to sent out messages u typ whit your soul, just simply get ignored most of the time or not even readed. Its rude u put so much effort in a nice story how u like some 1 they dont even open your message. I learned online dating is extremely toxic its really something u need to build a shell for because most woman online are indifferent. Im really sensitive i felt whit each new approach something died in me. Some real meant effort. Now i just copy/paste a good story whit my intrest, what i like to do whit a girl and if they respond then i start a real conversation.
My stats on 2 serious date sites.I started a conversation whit 300 different woman. Had 2 dates. 1 was a failure and 1 was a fun date but not my type she smoked and her breath was far from good. But lets go back to numbers, the date chance = 0.75% chance on a date. Succes Rate still 0% for me :( Im am 5 months in progress of online dating. Whit atleast 600 hours spent. My deadline is getting close i want my virginity for a special someone. But looks like its not going to happen before my 30. So i took prostitute 3 weeks ago gived her the most disappointed time in her life haha. Visit her littel over a week ago a second time. Beautiful Latin Girl 24 Age, This time i did much better exspecially the licking part. For rest i gived her messages a few hugs and a lot of soft pleasent strokes. It feels wonderfull but damn expensive around 175 dollar for a hour. But my advice if u have the cash and running out of patience, fck all these normal impossible girls that only look for close to perfect males. Whit a good job, stable friends life etc. Most of them need someone that is good for there selfimage. If they know you are autist 99% runs away out of fear of the unknown and stereotype ideas. If something plays a big role for NT its group acceptance and attention. We are not the persons they like to brag about when they get home or friends place. Yeah im littel salty, but i think the truth is not far away. My respect for any woman that does date us, wish more woman where just as great as you, i would luv u like no tommorow. But again just go to the red lights, enjoy your time. Be carefull find a good hooker for sex. I hope u will find love. But having fun and littel body to body contact keeps u going, at least i feel better. I think the cuddle harmones are kicking in. But still the idea is sad that i most take these steps to be whit a woman, pay lot of my life savings to be lil more happy. If u only gived me a chance to love.

With my prostitute experiences many have often asked "are you alright!?" when fondling them because I am like
the "Gollum" character from the movie "The Lord of the Rings" when I get near them.

That is such a disturbing image that you’ve planted into my brain. LOL

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2019, 11:05 am

We don't want people who advocate the Incel ideology here.

It's a garbage ideology that has no place on WrongPlanet.

ANGRYASPERGERINCEL
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

16 Dec 2019, 1:29 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:

It's not an idiology, it just means it's impossible to get sex, which is what I want.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2019, 1:34 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:

It's not an idiology, it just means it's impossible to get sex, which is what I want.

Maybe you don’t know what it means.

https://www.dictionary.com/e/slang/incel/

Th word “incel” generally involves misogyny.

The Grand Inquisitor
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2019, 2:42 pm

The term "incel" is an irritating term, because it has 3 different definitions, and the user of the term can infer one definition while others interpret it as one of the alternate definitions. I think it would be useful if we had a different term to encapsulate people who have a very severe sex/long-term dating drought that brings with it no connotations about ideologies or anything like that.

I think the only reason that non-ideological lonely men use the term incel to describe themselves is because it quickly conveys what their problems are regarding love and dating. Like I said, there's no common non-ideological term that encapsulates the complete lack of dating and sexual experience in the same way that "incel" does, so it's easier to use one word that most people will understand than to spend a couple of sentences detailing the problem.

The Grand Inquisitor
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2019, 2:51 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:

If literally all you were looking for was sex, then prostitution would be a valid solution for you. I think most people of your disposition who say they're looking for sex are really looking for intimacy, to both desire and be desired, which is something you can't really have with someone you're paying to be there.

I'm curious, do you want a relationship as well, or just sex? If you do want a relationship, how important is it on a scale of 1 to 10, vs how important sex is on a scale of 1 to 10?

Marknis
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2019, 4:05 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:

When it was just called Involuntary Celibacy, it wasn’t like its current form.

Before that, there was the late Dr. Brian Gilmartin’s Love-Shyness study. I am “love-shy” in that I find asking a girl out for coffee to be extremely anxiety inducing.

Rainbow_Belle
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

17 Dec 2019, 9:53 pm

The word incel looks very similar to the word incest. Another word created to insult people like loser, ret*d, idiot, stupid, etc. Overusing any word makes it meaningless and ineffective.

WantToHaveALife
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2019, 2:16 pm

another reminder how it also enrages me when people call it a skillset, it's a long story

Hollywood_Guy
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2019, 12:47 am

WantToHaveALife wrote:
i know its quite common in Japan, I know that the Buddhist religion people believe in reincarnation after death, that you come back to life as a different animal, I will admit, sometimes I would like to come back as a Male Lion, their mating dance, courtship ritual, looks easier or more simple, straight to the point, no mind-games or shit-tests involved, they just get on with it.

It's sad that Christians widely believe there is no more sex or romantic partnerships in Heaven.
I grew up as Christian, so I'm familiar with it.

Leon_Trotsky
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

26 Dec 2019, 6:03 pm

I have increased my self-esteem a lot since September. I remember when I was 25, I was so depressed that when someone made fun of me or I dwelled long about being a virgin, I would come very close to physically vomiting. Sometimes I would come close to actually retching, so much it affected me mentally.

But I still have a lot of work to do to block out all of the comments that I have received over the years. They keep replaying over and over, all of those "virgin loser" comments. The missing out part is depressing too, which is an issue separate from the negative comments.