Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2019, 4:05 pm

When Trump came into power, he made sure that the climate scientists were silenced or no longer allowed to say that climate change is real:

https://www.thenation.com/article/trump ... leblowers/

Climate scientists who defied him were demoted or removed from their positions altogether, with their reports edited to remove any mention of human actions as a cause of changes to public lands.

The Trump Administration is the single greatest threat to humanity there is.

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2019, 4:25 pm

8 times the Trump Administration has silenced scientists:

Quote:
1. Gutting the Endangered Species Act

2. Targeting legal immigrants who receive public assistance

3. Approving “cyanide bombs” that kill wildlife

4. Harmful emissions from industrial farms are no longer recorded

5. Rolling back nutritional standards for school meals

6. Rolling back safety protections for offshore oil workers

7. Downplaying environmental concerns for oil/gas drilling in the Arctic

8. Dismissing evidence showing the benefits of preserving national monuments

https://blog.ucsusa.org/anita-desikan/8 ... nistration

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2019, 12:39 am

The ideologues of the right with their culture wars have always been the enemies of science.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2019, 1:13 am

beneficii wrote:
When Trump came into power, he made sure that the climate scientists were silenced or no longer allowed to say that climate change is real:

Climate scientists who defied him were demoted or removed from their positions altogether, with their reports edited to remove any mention of human actions as a cause of changes to public lands.

The funny thing is, when there was a left-wing government here in Australia, they too banned open debate on the subject.
The way I see it, both sides of American politics are as bad as each other.

Here in Australia, however, that sort of bias isn't nearly as bad now that the conservative party is still in government.
I think they are even sponsoring Peter Ridd, the guy who challenged the idea that the barrier reef was being decimated by global warming.
It seems to me they are more likely to give each perspective a "fair suck of the sav".
Not 100% sure about this and will keep an eye on it since I am not into partisan politics.

Kraichgauer wrote:
The ideologues of the right with their culture wars have always been the enemies of science.

Perhaps in America.
Perhaps because many conservatives there are religious folk.

Australia is overwhelmingly secular in nature.
I lean towards conservative politics and am a hard-core atheist.
I have come to the strong conclusion that your conservatives over there and my conservatives over here are two different types "of fish", pardon the pun. :wink:

Australian conservatives tend to have a great affinity with science, "don't you worry about that", as Bjelke Petersen would have said. 8)

Last edited by Pepe on 20 Sep 2019, 1:30 am, edited 3 times in total.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2019, 1:26 am

beneficii wrote:
8 times the Trump Administration has silenced scientists:

How does it feel. :lmao:

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2019, 2:12 am

Pepe wrote:
beneficii wrote:

The funny thing is, when there was a left-wing government here in Australia, they too banned open debate on the subject.
The way I see it, both sides of American politics are as bad as each other.

Here in Australia, however, that sort of bias isn't nearly as bad now that the conservative party is still in government.
I think they are even sponsoring Peter Ridd, the guy who challenged the idea that the barrier reef was being decimated by global warming.
It seems to me they are more likely to give each perspective a "fair suck of the sav".
Not 100% sure about this and will keep an eye on it since I am not into partisan politics.

Kraichgauer wrote:

Perhaps in America.
Perhaps because many conservatives there are religious folk.

Australia is overwhelmingly secular in nature.
I lean towards conservative politics and am a hard-core atheist.
I have come to the strong conclusion that your conservatives over there and my conservatives over here are two different types "of fish", pardon the pun. :wink:

Australian conservatives tend to have a great affinity with science, "don't you worry about that", as Bjelke Petersen would have said. 8)

That very well maybe so.