Page 1 of 2 [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

KevinLA
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2019, 9:16 pm

I know everyone makes mistakes. But I just seem to make more than most and make a a lot of bad decisions. Sometimes thought I wonder if I am too hard on myself.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2019, 9:29 pm

Of course NTs make mistakes.

They are not super people.

CubsBullsBears
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2019, 11:17 pm

Go watch Live PD on ony given friday or saturday night. NTs making mistakes galore!

KevinLA
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2019, 11:19 pm

CubsBullsBears wrote:
Go watch Live PD on ony given friday or saturday night. NTs making mistakes galore!

I am more referring to the well adjusted to society ones.

CubsBullsBears
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2019, 11:32 pm

All the resturaunt employees that get orders wrong.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2019, 12:00 am

All the doctors that mistake cancer for less serious things.

firemonkey
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2019, 12:34 am

All the psychiatrists that fail to see a patient might be on the autism spectrum .

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2019, 12:57 am

All the teachers who fail to help autistic children learn.

aquafelix
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2019, 3:37 am

I notice the NTs I know often make mistakes, but different kinds of mistakes than Aspies tend to make. NTs seem to make errors in jumping to conclusions without informing themselves of the details. Whilst I don't trust my conclusions until I researched most the facts, so I think aspies are less likely to make that kind of mistake

HighLlama
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2019, 3:41 am

KevinLA wrote:
I know everyone makes mistakes. But I just seem to make more than most and make a a lot of bad decisions. Sometimes thought I wonder if I am too hard on myself.

I watched a training video at work which said few people make poor decisions in real life, but many make decisions with poor information. Something to consider.

harry12345
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

18 Sep 2019, 4:07 am

I often got called out for a "mistake" that I had done which was nothing of the sort - most of them were short term memory issues and forgetfullness.

So if a process involved steps A thru F I might forget to do step E (which might be as slight as ticking a box) and I'd get pulled up for it nearly every time.

Sometimes I'd come back from break and find my work station covered in work that had been brought back for checking - most of it wasn't anything to do with anything I'd done and I'd be expected to know what to do with it with no instructions as to what was wrong with it. The number of times I asked for someone to leave a note or at least wait till I got back.....

I find that if we make a mistake it is because we are "stupid" and don't know what we are doing.

And if NT's make a mistake it is because they claim they are "busy" and anyone can make a mistake when they are in a rush.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2019, 4:38 am

i still remember reading a few decades back, about a poor little india girl with a cancerous eyeball that she went to a surgeon to have removed, but instead the doc negligently took out her good eye and left the cancerous one in place whose malignancy metastasized and spread to her brain, killing her within 3 months. but until she died, she kept asking her dad, "daddy, why am i unable to see?!" that is most likely one big NT mistake.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2019, 1:04 pm

General Custer was born NT, and he was still NT at the time he lead his troops to the Little Bighorn.

The committee of Japanese gentleman who decided it was a good idea to attack Pearl Harbor in 1941 were pretty much all NT.
https://youtu.be/Ohom8t0O-bg

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2019, 2:36 pm

Do not assume that NTs don't make mistakes. Sometimes I rely on NTs, as in thinking they know what they are doing, but it's not a good idea.
I'm saying this because one time me and my boyfriend went to a kitchenware store to buy some new plates, saucers and dishes. We saw a box which contained a whole set of dinnerware. I knew it included dishes too, but when my boyfriend went over to a stack of dishes sold separately, I thought that maybe the box didn't include dishes, so I didn't say anything because I thought he knew better than me. But when we got home there WAS dishes included, so he DID make a mistake (which he admitted), and I DID think right.
So NTs do make mistakes and you shouldn't assume that they are these perfect superhumans who know exactly what they're doing all the time.

plokijuh
Toucan
Toucan

18 Sep 2019, 5:53 pm

Everyone makes mistakes. Sometimes their mistakes are invisible to them because they're seen as normal, but everyone has strengths and weaknesses.

AQ: 42 (Scores in the 33-50 range indicate significant Austistic traits)
RAADS-R: 165
RDOS: Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 159 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 44 of 200
You are very likely neurodiverse (Aspie)

harry12345
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

19 Sep 2019, 8:40 am

Frank Spencer:

Quote:
"No man who never did nothing never made any mistakes."