19 Sep 2019, 8:40 am

Frank Spencer:

Quote:
"No man who never did nothing never made any mistakes."

carlos55
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2019, 9:56 am

Sure NTs make mistakes look at our politicians and prisons lol.

Maybe the only difference is the way they handle them, i.e not get too flustered and are able too recover themselves quickly.

Maybe learn relaxation techniques or if that doesnt work get out of the situation i.e change jobs, move house for example

- George Bernie Shaw

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2019, 9:57 am

To be honest, I would have a very tough time "changing jobs," since I've been doing the same work for 39 years.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2019, 9:29 pm

What is the definition of "mistake"?

Everyone makes mistakes

Neurotypical and autistic

But it seems like, the definition of "mistake", is when I do anything some lil doesn't "like"

:roll:

And then I get a hugefuck punishment

When they make a mistake they correctly tell me that "people do it all the time"

They get smaller punishments than me. Sometimes no punishment

Does that make sense?

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2019, 12:22 am

Regular people make lots of mistakes. They get themselves fired or arrested every day of the year. They disown their children just for being the way that they are.

KT67
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2019, 6:50 am

They make more mistakes than we do (except socially) but they're not as perfectionist so it doesn't bother them as much.

CubsBullsBears
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2019, 8:14 am

shortfatbalduglyman wrote:
But it seems like, the definition of "mistake", is when I do anything some lil doesn't "like"

And then I get a hugefuck punishment

When they make a mistake they correctly tell me that "people do it all the time"

They get smaller punishments than me. Sometimes no punishment

Does that make sense?

No, but I believe it because of my own experiences. :roll:

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2019, 8:58 am

KT67 wrote:
They make more mistakes than we do (except socially) but they're not as perfectionist so it doesn't bother them as much.

I suspect that they make more mistakes socially because they interact much more than Aspies. But, the difference is that they can sense when they are making mistakes from feedback with the person they are interacting with and correct themselves much better than Aspies, so the mistakes don't matter as much. Aspies don't sense the feedback and don't correct themselves.

An analogy may be seasoning food. You don't need to carefully measure out seasonings if you have an excellent sense of taste and adjust the seasonings accordingly. Taste it and decide whether it needs more seasoning. It is hard to be a great chef if you can't tell whether what you cook is good or bad.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2019, 9:56 am

Quote:
I suspect that they make more mistakes socially because they interact much more than Aspies. But, the difference is that they can sense when they are making mistakes from feedback with the person they are interacting with and correct themselves much better than Aspies, so the mistakes don't matter as much. Aspies don't sense the feedback and don't correct themselves.

I do. I can tell by people's reaction (verbal or non-verbal) and I learn from it.

KT67
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2019, 11:53 am

BTDT wrote:
KT67 wrote:

I do and apparently I over sense it as well and see judgement or disagreement where there isn't any. That's probably a social anxiety thing though.

nouse
Raven
Raven

20 Sep 2019, 2:57 pm

Joe90 wrote:
I do. I can tell by people's reaction (verbal or non-verbal) and I learn from it.

The hardest time for me is that I do not reflect through my own states of being. I'm very external regarding other people. It is like I can follow them but then I do not act according to unwritten social custom protocol so I look like operating on my own. Takes two to tango. The other party probably likes it but do I look respectable in long term? No!

Caz72
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2019, 2:58 pm

Do nts make mistakes? is like asking do birds fly?

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2019, 9:13 am

NTs are more likely to try to hide a mistake, and often have the social skills to keep any leakage from spreading. Some are unable to admit any guilt, constantly diverting the conversation in outrageous ways.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2019, 11:13 pm

Dear_one wrote:
NTs are more likely to try to hide a mistake, and often have the social skills to keep any leakage from spreading. Some are unable to admit any guilt, constantly diverting the conversation in outrageous ways.

Hmmmm...... :chin: that reminds me of somebody notable in the news these days... ;)