Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Liam2019
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

18 Sep 2019, 8:28 am

Do you ever get detention at school and how often and how long is detention at your school? i get it a lot. its usually 30 mins at lunchtime or 15-30 mins after school. i go to an all boys school and they used to punish me with 1 hour detentions maximum but they reduced them to maximum 30 mins for all the special needs boys because they thought we might not cope with 1 hour because its too long, the normal boys still get 1 hour detentions so i guess i'm special that i don't get the 1 hour detentions. some boys get mad about it, they say why do you get the 30 min and we still have to do 1 hour but its not my fault its the school who made this rule to punish special needs boys with 30 min instead of 1 hour . it is not my fault that i am different and i hate 1 hour detention anyway, 30 min i still hate but its not as bad as 1 hour anyway

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2019, 9:45 am

You "conveniently" neglected to mention the infractions for which you were awarded detention.

For the record, the only time I was awarded detention was when someone falsely accused me of swearing on the playground when I didn't give her the ball I was playing with.

"Teacher! Teacher! Fnordie sad a bad word!"

"What did he say?"

"He said 'Poop'!"

"Fnordie, put down the ball and come over here..."

:roll:

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

GiantHockeyFan
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2019, 1:40 pm

I was wrongfully given detention multiple times (I think it was 20 minutes), the worst one was when I shoved a bully AFTER he punched me repeatedly (he didn't get in trouble at all). What's ironic is that the "mean" bullies (who were into gangs and drugs) started to respect me quite a bit after that and left me alone.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2019, 8:10 am

That’s because you stuck up for yourself.