Indonesia to ban sex outside of marriage

Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2019, 9:13 am

I hope the red states here aren’t getting any ideas...

https://www.bing.com/amp/s/mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSKBN1W32BV

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2019, 9:14 am

Tim_Tex wrote:
Too late...

South Carolina: "Any man or woman who shall be guilty of the crime of adultery or fornication shall be liable to indictment and, on conviction, shall be severally punished by a fine of not less than $100 nor more than $500 or imprisonment for not less than six months nor more than one year or by both fine and imprisonment, at the discretion of the court. …‘Adultery’ is the living together and carnal intercourse with each other or habitual carnal intercourse with each other without living together of a man and woman when either is lawfully married to some other person."

https://infidelityrecoveryinstitute.com ... -adultery/

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2019, 9:18 am

Fnord wrote:
Tim_Tex wrote:
Too late...

South Carolina: "Any man or woman who shall be guilty of the crime of adultery or fornication shall be liable to indictment and, on conviction, shall be severally punished by a fine of not less than $100 nor more than $500 or imprisonment for not less than six months nor more than one year or by both fine and imprisonment, at the discretion of the court. …‘Adultery’ is the living together and carnal intercourse with each other or habitual carnal intercourse with each other without living together of a man and woman when either is lawfully married to some other person."

So Sharia law is alive and well in America?

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2019, 9:21 am

Tim_Tex wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Tim_Tex wrote:
Too late...
So Sharia law is alive and well in America?
Not quite yet. There is still no law respecting the establishment of Evangelical Christian Fundamentalism as America's "Official" religion, and no law against being anything other than an Evangelical Christian Fundamentalist.

But give them time ... another four years ought to do it ...

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2019, 9:40 am

Well, forget Seattle then. I need to flee the country altogether.

Fireblossom
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2019, 11:00 pm

They also forbid unmarried couples from living together, which I think is far worse. How do you know if you can handle everyday life together with someone if you aren't allowed to trest it before marriage? 8O

Though I was under the impression that these laws weren't officially in power yet.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2019, 4:13 am

Fnord wrote:
Tim_Tex wrote:
Too late...

Mind-boggling backwardness...South Carolina christian fundis also used to lynch christian black people for looking at them the wrong way so I guess the signs are there that people's brains in regional America haven't quite made it to the 21st century

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2019, 8:21 am

cyberdad wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Tim_Tex wrote:
Too late...

Mind-boggling backwardness...South Carolina christian fundies also used to lynch christian black people for looking at them the wrong way so I guess the signs are there that people's brains in regional America haven't quite made it to the 21st century
Did you click on the link and read the entire article? Just about every state in the Union is listed, including South Carolina.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2019, 6:43 pm

Joko Widodo is worse than Sukarno and Suharto put together, as far as Indonesian leaders go.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2019, 6:52 pm

Fnord wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Tim_Tex wrote:
Too late...

Mind-boggling backwardness...South Carolina christian fundies also used to lynch christian black people for looking at them the wrong way so I guess the signs are there that people's brains in regional America haven't quite made it to the 21st century
Did you click on the link and read the entire article? Just about every state in the Union is listed, including South Carolina.

That just makes it worse

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2019, 6:57 pm

Tim_Tex wrote:
Joko Widodo is worse than Sukarno and Suharto put together, as far as Indonesian leaders go.

We in Australia know that he's got a vindictive mean streak. He famously executed two Australians who had demonstrated they had rehabilitated after more than a decade in jail (following a drug sentence). He did it because he could...some thought he was on a power trip. Like Bolsanaro in Brazil and Duerte in Philippines countries around the world seem to be electing authoritarian megalomaniacs.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2019, 11:43 am

I think the heartbeat and Alabama-style abortion bans were meant to be a gateway to eventually banning sex outside of marriage. They were never about “protecting life”.

I bet Kay Ivey and all the governors who signed the bans into law were thinking “this oughta keep ‘em from spreadin’ their legs”.