Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Metal Rat
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

19 Sep 2019, 5:21 pm

However one may feel about Feminism-- and I know, many different people feel very differently about it-- one should never, ever go over to the Men's Rights Movement. For, do you not see? Feminism and the Men's Rights Movement are merely two sides of the very same dialectical process. They are false alternatives to each other!

Feminists, of course, claim to feel for the plight of women claiming that Society is, somehow, prejudiced in favor of men over women; the Men's Rights Movement, of course, claim to feel for the plight of men claiming that Society is, somehow, prejudiced in favor of women over men. Still, this would make them appear opposites to the casual person. Still, please consider what both movements have in common: the firm desire to destroy the Nuclear Family as we have known it, and to prevent children from ever being born.

Indeed, the entire controversy over whether Society is prejudiced in favor of women over men, or the other away about, is usually carried out on Youtube. Of course, the logical thing I can think of, and mind you I am not very logical, is that if men and women fail to get along with each other, they will no longer sexually reproduce the species.

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2019, 6:37 am

NOTE: Reported this thread as off-topic (in "Autism Politics, Activism, and Media Representation") due to lack of direct relevance to autism. Asked that it be moved, perhaps to PPR. However, I'll respond to one point below.

Metal Rat wrote:
Still, please consider what both movements have in common: the firm desire to destroy the Nuclear Family as we have known it, and to prevent children from ever being born.

Feminists vary in beliefs about "the Nuclear Family"; most just want to equalize the total amount of work done by men and women and have more and better pre-schools, etc. for the kids. The aim is NOT to prevent children from ever being born, but to make sure women have the right to choose when/if they will bear children. Here are the issues that the largest feminist organization, the National Organization for Women (NOW), is concerned about.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

20 Sep 2019, 7:11 am

1. I wondered what kind of dialectics would be in Autism Politics, Activism, and Media Representation... Pro-cure / Pro-acceptance came to my mind.

2. I don't know about you but for me, nuclear family is not the traditional setting - I have been brought up in a tightly knit extended family. I find an isolated nuclear family potentially very unhealthy to rise children, with too little social dynamics and diversity, very prone to get dominated by unhealthy patterns.

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2019, 10:02 am

To Metal Rat:

If by "feminists" you mean the highly dogmatic radical feminists that dominate some very large feminist online forums and Twitter choirs, then, yes, I can see how one might view "feminists" and the "men's rights activists" as opposing destructive cults.

A tendency toward this kind of cultishness is a problem with very large online venues in general.

But the feminist movement itself is much older, and actual feminist activists tend to be more moderate.