Page 11 of 11 [ 164 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2019, 10:00 pm

OMG, it's December 29th, 2019! We have only two days left before complete societal collapse!!

News report from 2004:

Now the Pentagon tells Bush: climate change will destroy us

First published on Sat 21 Feb 2004 20.33 EST

Climate change over the next 20 years could result in a global catastrophe costing millions of lives in wars and natural disasters.

A secret report, suppressed by US defence chiefs and obtained by The Observer, warns that major European cities will be sunk beneath rising seas as Britain is plunged into a 'Siberian' climate by 2020. Nuclear conflict, mega-droughts, famine and widespread rioting will erupt across the world.

The document predicts that abrupt climate change could bring the planet to the edge of anarchy as countries develop a nuclear threat to defend and secure dwindling food, water and energy supplies. The threat to global stability vastly eclipses that of terrorism, say the few experts privy to its contents....

Already, according to Randall and Schwartz, the planet is carrying a higher population than it can sustain. By 2020 'catastrophic' shortages of water and energy supply will become increasingly harder to overcome, plunging the planet into war. They warn that 8,200 years ago climatic conditions brought widespread crop failure, famine, disease and mass migration of populations that could soon be repeated.

https://www.theguardian.com/environment ... heobserver

There Are Four Lights!

Mikah
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2019, 10:07 pm

Darmok wrote:
as Britain is plunged into a 'Siberian' climate by 2020

I'd better put the heating up.

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2019, 10:08 pm

Mikah wrote:
Darmok wrote:

Nice talking with you, friend. Hope you'll post again after the spring thaw.

There Are Four Lights!

Mikah
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2019, 10:16 pm

Darmok wrote:
Mikah wrote:
Darmok wrote:

Nice talking with you, friend. Hope you'll post again after the spring thaw.

I'll do my best amid the water shortages, famine, pestilence and of course climate refugees zombies.