Page 3 of 3 [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2019, 12:54 am

EzraS wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:
I'm not trying to be sarcastic but how do you pretend to be autistic during an emergency?

I recall watching a Mel Gibson movie back in the 1990s (Lethal weapon?) where he got out of a deadly situation by acting crazy having a meltdown that could easily be misconstrued as an autistic meltdown.

Since then I have seen this plenty of times in Hollywood where a character acts "crazy" to get out of a dangerous situation. It's possible this girl was tuning into one of these memes.

I have heard in the frontier days of the US the way travelers would get Indians to leave them alone was to act crazy. Because the Indians considered it bad medicine to harm a person who was touched. Idk if that's true or just flummery.

I think there's a number of cultures where a person having a meltdown might be a sign of possession of evil spirits. There again the Indian braves might just look at each other, shrug their shoulders and just scalp the dude.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2019, 3:22 am

EzraS wrote:
I wonder if I can get college students to hire me to scare off potential attackers.

Now you're talkin'! :D

Hire you as a kind of live in servant. And then they can post signs around the premises saying "property guarded by attack autistic human".

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2019, 3:48 am

Back in the 1980s when I had an Atari 400 there was a video game called Pitfall where you could charm a giant called Gollum (no relation to lord of the rings) which basically then battles for you while you sit back and watch.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2019, 1:07 pm

Apparently NTs don't realize that we autistics are like the Mob. We only kill our own.