Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2019, 7:59 am

rdos wrote:
sly279 wrote:
rdos wrote:
sly279 wrote:
So for men who are old and nit well off, were just creepy.

You're not old. Being 31 is not old.

Tell that to 18 year olds. They considered me old at 25

Certainly, but 18 years old girls are not optimal for a potential relationship.

Yet bizarrely women who are in there 50s and older feel its acceptable too chase after men who are 25.

Well that’s from personal experience anyway.

rdos
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2019, 8:08 am

Jamesy wrote:
rdos wrote:
sly279 wrote:
rdos wrote:
sly279 wrote:

Yet bizarrely women who are in there 50s and older feel its acceptable too chase after men who are 25.

25 is quite different from 18.

I find women in their 20s too young, but 30+ are ok. :mrgreen:

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2019, 8:11 am

Everything". "helps", "hurts", both or neither

Not all "help" is Nobel prize, Purple heart

Not all "hurt" :. Mandated reporter violation

Going to the gym, all things equal, will "help" you, athletically. Going to the gym will "hurt" you financially

Not all things are equal

Cost benefit analysis

Other things can "help" you, not just the gym

If your goal is to get a date, going to the gym is a roundabout way to do so (although, all things equal, a better physique will "help" you get a date)

Match for com

Plenty of people, are short, fat, ugly, bad health. And still married

Other aspects determine how hard it is, for you to get a date

Appearance matters but not just appearance

For example:. Financial, demeanor, the number of friends you have,

:mrgreen:

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2019, 8:12 am

rdos wrote:
Jamesy wrote:
rdos wrote:
sly279 wrote:
rdos wrote:
sly279 wrote:

25 is quite different from 18.

I find women in their 20s too young, but 30+ are ok. :mrgreen:

There was one lady in her 70s who flirted with me when I was 25. Her daughter who was in her 50s tried too chase after me as well.

rdos
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2019, 8:14 am

Raphael F wrote:
Was more meaning, the bright lights and the music and the people talking all around, and with all that sensory overload already occupying most of my circuits and draining my power, plus the alcohol taking its toll on the efficiency of the mechanism, I was supposed to be trying to watch and interpret and respond, and of course be witty and charming and intriguing, while simultaneously keeping in mind everything I'd ever heard about body language and eye contact and "signals" and so forth, all at the same time?! What am I, a freakin' magician?!

I'm an expert at turning off everything that is not needed. It's quite handy. :mrgreen:

Raphael F wrote:
So that was kind of what I was getting at, about sensory overload and how, in conjunction with slow processing speed, it put flirting utterly above and outwith the scope of my own A.S.D. abilities (whatever those may be...).

If I ever decided to go to a bar (quite unlikely), and there was a neurodiverse woman there that I could flirt with, I'd likely turn off everything else and just focus on the flirting.

rdos
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2019, 8:28 am

Jamesy wrote:
There was one lady in her 70s who flirted with me when I was 25. Her daughter who was in her 50s tried too chase after me as well.

So, you at least you had some attention from women? :mrgreen:

OTOH, flirting is not always so serious, and can often be done just for fun, and so I wouldn't put much importance to it.

Still, as a guy, I think about 20 years of age difference is my limit, and so does most women seem to think too. Thus, I seldom flirt with women in their 20s or younger nowadays, but it happened from time to time when I was in my 40s.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2019, 8:35 am

rdos wrote:
Jamesy wrote:

So, you at least you had some attention from women? :mrgreen:

OTOH, flirting is not always so serious, and can often be done just for fun, and so I wouldn't put much importance to it.

Still, as a guy, I think about 20 years of age difference is my limit, and so does most women seem to think too. Thus, I seldom flirt with women in their 20s or younger nowadays, but it happened from time to time when I was in my 40s.

Interesting how women in there 50s and 40s see men who are 30 as an acceptable age gap yet 18 year olds and women in there early 20s see 30 as too old :?

rdos
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2019, 8:46 am

Jamesy wrote:
Interesting how women in there 50s and 40s see men who are 30 as an acceptable age gap yet 18 year olds and women in there early 20s see 30 as too old :?

I think many women in their 20s would consider a guy in his 30s.

Raphael F
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

15 Oct 2019, 10:08 am

Most of the time, I only belatedly realize someone has been trying to flirt with me days or weeks or months or years after the event, or else when someone angrily points it out to me and demands to know why I did nothing to reciprocate. I don't think anyone has attempted to flirt with me this year, but that needn't be because I've suddenly become a repulsive human being; probably more because I seldom leave the house these days (which is partly because I've learned some big advantages of solitude, altho' yes I would describe myself as lonely, but I'm not complaining about that ... much).

However.

For the record I can state that, despite having no body nor looks worth mentioning (obviously I am not actually some invisible disembodied spirit, but you know what I mean), I've had young girls flirt with me that were so young it was on the fringes of illegality, or at the very least indecency (to be honest, I think sometimes schoolgirls do that just for practice, like a kitten playing with a piece of string even though it knows it doesn't actually want to eat the string), and I've had women about the same age as my mother flirt with me (and I had relationships with two from the latter category). So I feel we can afford not to get too preoccupied about our looks, our physique, or our relative ages vis-a-vis the ages of any females we might meet. It seems to be as much a matter of fate and chemistry and sheer dumb luck as anything.

Flirting is a handy skill or knack or trick or aptitude to have up your sleeve, but the fact I ever even lost my virginity in the first place proves it is not essential.

Re. turning off the extraneous and the distracting to focus on the one preferred thing, yes I know that's very useful for those of us with hyperactive perception and a visceral desire to process absolutely everything to the zillionth degree: I know this because cannabis used to enable me to do it (I cannot enjoy, for instance, music, nor sex, fully without it); but I would be wary of prescribing or recommending cannabis to the entire A.S.D. populace, and anyway the stuff I've got hold of in recent years (so-called "skunk") is not the same as what we had in the 1990s and early 2000s, and for me less helpful alas.

Muse933277
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2022, 12:54 am

Yes

CosmicFerrets
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

22 May 2022, 7:04 am

What? 5 ft 8 is the height of the average American male. You are not short. You are bang-on average. And if you're not caucasian, then you are probably quite tall for your race.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2022, 7:54 am

CosmicFerrets wrote:
What? 5 ft 8 is the height of the average American male. You are not short. You are bang-on average. And if you're not caucasian, then you are probably quite tall for your race.

Average height in UK for guys in there 20s is 5ft10 and for the older generation its 5ft9.

Also at 5'7 3/4 I am technically not a proper 5ft8.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2022, 7:58 am

I'm a "weak" 5 foot 5. 1/4 inch below that height.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2022, 12:05 pm

Do yourself a favor, and go for an east asian lady, gentler, way less shallow in every way.

White women insisting on tall men can fantasize alone in their rooms for all I care.

Last edited by The_Face_of_Boo on 24 May 2022, 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2022, 12:30 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Lovely couple.  You+1?

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2022, 2:17 pm

^ Me*10 :p