Will going too the gym help?

Page 1 of 6 [ 82 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2019, 8:14 am

I am 5ft7 3/4 and weigh 151 lbs so I am on the slim side. Recently I have been going too the gym too try and tone up my muscles/body.

Despite my efforts at the gym do you think most women will still find my body unattractive by default because of my height of 5ft8?

Tokatekika
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

28 Sep 2019, 8:46 am

Hiya, I don't think so, most women yes do like taller men however. Most women are still shorter than 5ft7 :)

I don't think your physical appearance should put anyone off. It you find the right person they will like you for who you are not how your body looks :) hope this helps x

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2019, 9:13 am

Tokatekika wrote:
Hiya, I don't think so, most women yes do like taller men however. Most women are still shorter than 5ft7 :)

I don't think your physical appearance should put anyone off. It you find the right person they will like you for who you are not how your body looks :) hope this helps x

I have got short thick legs which I guess is not attractive since most people prefer longer legs.

I am using the leg weight machines at the gym but obviously that’s not going too make my legs longer lol

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2019, 10:06 am

I’m shorter than you. My inseam is 26.

Stop talking this nonsense.

Go to the gym for yourself....not for the chicks.

Last edited by kraftiekortie on 28 Sep 2019, 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sahn
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2019, 10:10 am

Really bro it's the people who don't have these hang ups that are often the most attractive. Being comfortable in your own skin is extremely attractive.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2019, 2:27 pm

Yes, if you do it right.

Don't listen to the no-sayers above.

The Grand Inquisitor
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2019, 12:02 am

It is impossible for anyone here to know how much going to the gym can help with that, but generally speaking, it can only make things better, and can't make them worse.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2019, 10:01 am

I’m not a naysayer.

I once went to the gym 7 days a week for at least 2 hours a day. I ran 3 marathons.

That didn’t make me more attractive in the least. I did it for myself. Women didn’t come running towards me.

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2019, 11:36 am

Everyone want to look at attractive people.

But, it is just like looking at a cute pink sports car while having my car serviced. Nice to look at but no, I'm not interested in test driving it!

Tokatekika
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

29 Sep 2019, 11:51 am

Jamesy wrote:
Tokatekika wrote:

I have got short thick legs which I guess is not attractive since most people prefer longer legs.

I am using the leg weight machines at the gym but obviously that’s not going too make my legs longer lol

I mean technically it's up to you, it may not make loads of women notice you in itself but if it makes you more confident in yourself, then that's what would help in my opinion because if you're happy with yourself you'll feel more confident towards women I think :). Best wishes anyway :) :)

SharonB
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2019, 11:51 am

Jamesy wrote:

It amuses me to no end that my husband and I have the same inseam (leg length) although he is 4 inches taller than me (he's "short" for an American man, but taller than me). I'm American with a European background. He's native South American. He's all torso. I like his muscular body - strong legs (even a bit bow legged), strong hands, chest... not like the "wimpy" :wink: European-types I dated beforehand. That said, it's cultural in part. I've read studies online that where healthcare is socialized (e.g. France), more women find the slim "effeminate" men attractive. Where healthcare is not (e.g. USA), more women find the strong jaw and broad shoulders attractive. So come over to this side of the pond!! !! or find yourself a partner from a country with poor healthcare, who wants someone strong like you. I'm teasing, but I am not.

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2019, 6:23 pm

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/50 ... -cars.html

Dr Dunn said his findings confirmed that women judge a man by his wealth and status whereas men are primarily concerned with what a woman looks like.

Juliette
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2019, 6:28 pm

I only find an man attractive based on his mind ... I could care less what he looks like.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

29 Sep 2019, 6:33 pm

The Grand Inquisitor wrote:
It is impossible for anyone here to know how much going to the gym can help with that, but generally speaking, it can only make things better, and can't make them worse.
I agree. This said there's a chance Jamesy could meet a woman at the gym since going out would help him meet more people. It could also be really good for his emotional health to go to places other than bars.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

SharonB
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2019, 8:31 am

Juliette wrote:
I only find an man attractive based on his mind ... I could care less what he looks like.

TMI: Just recently I teased (but not really) my husband that I must have met him when I was ovulating. I do like his looks, but to your point it's a nice add-on, not what's important. He shares basic values and a Special Interest (dancing).

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2019, 8:36 am

Everyone likes different things

If someone does not like you because of your height, then you are not missing much

Superficial and shallow

Going to the gym won't change your height

Plenty of men shorter than you, are married