Anyone else feel worse and perform worse with more sleep?

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2019, 9:43 am

Most who know me here know I post at all hours of the night.
I have a pretty irregular sleep pattern and don't really know for sure how many hours of sleep I get.
But anytime I end up sleeping a solid 8 hours, it messes me up.
I feel disorientated and have that disconnected feeling where stuff doesn't seem real and have trouble concentrating.

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2019, 9:50 am

You have to have the correct amount of sleep for your body. Too little or too much have the same affect. Your body naturally knows the amount that it needs to function. As long as you listen to your body and respect it, you should do well. If you force yourself to get more or less sleep than you need, it will affect your ability to function and your cognitive ability as well.

Wreck It Ralph

Tokatekika
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

29 Sep 2019, 10:27 am

Yeah like skibum said you will usually wake naturally when you've had enough sleep, but also a healthy sleeping schedule can really help, before I had my son I used to stay up all night and stuff and I felt rubbish in the morning, but after I had to follow his sleep routine a bit and I feel fine not even tired when I wake up now :)

I think also looking at your screen for a long time and especially in the dark, no matter how much sleep you get can make you feel a bit off

Another thing I'd note is if you feel better on less sleep it could be because that's what your body is used to but then you could still be sleep deprived, so night's when you get 8 hours, you wake feeling off because you technically still are sleep deprived and your body isn't used to sleeping so long anymore :)

Routine is definitely key :)

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2019, 10:42 am

I agree that developing a healthy routine and circadian rhythm are very important.

Wreck It Ralph