Page 2 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

02 Oct 2019, 11:22 pm

Mr Skunky, I tried to keep it funny! When I use one of my made-up words like histrungophobe, I'm in light hearted mode.

my blog:
https://sentinel63.wordpress.com/

envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

02 Oct 2019, 11:29 pm

It was funny actually! She would probably appreciate that humour.

my blog:
https://sentinel63.wordpress.com/

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2019, 7:49 pm

envirozentinel wrote:
Mr Skunky, I tried to keep it funny! When I use one of my made-up words like histrungophobe, I'm in light hearted mode.

The problem with parody, satire, irony, sarcasm, is that they do often induce ambiguity.
This often happens when there is a mindset affected by personal history.
This is particularly the case when strangers interact.

I have had a long-running problem with a particular moderator, not in this forum, but: "birds of a feather" often flock together to protect their own.

What I tend to do to avoid confusion is to add a contextual qualification such as:
<irony>
<sarcasm>
<facetiousness>

In reflection, most of the participants in the thread may have been facetious or ironic, but being on the spectrum it is sometimes hard to tell.
And as I have said, having been at odds with other individuals can and does influence the mindset of a person.

Am I being too defensive?
I don't believe so, based on the amount of psychological abuse I have been subjected to over my life.
I am still undecided if I have PTSD or just an extreme wariness as a result of my personal history.
I like the idea of: "not letting the bastards win",
But unfortunately they often/sometimes do. <shrug>

Having said that, I rarely let my emotions get the better of me in a forum context, so all is good.
All that was needed was clarification.

Cheers, cobber. :wink:

Autistic/scout motto: "Give me a better argument and I will listen..."
"Honesty is not a social duty, not a sacrifice for the sake of others, but the most profoundly selfish virtue man can practice: his refusal to sacrifice the reality of his own existence to the deluded consciousness of others."
Truth may be inconvenient but it is never politically incorrect...The Oracle of Truth has spoken...8) I'm a rationalist...Deal with it...:mrgreen: