Greta Thunberg Is An most Intelligent Girl That I've Seen

Page 1 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Gabriel5455
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

30 Sep 2019, 1:30 pm

Domineekee sorry for asked this. I'm very confused to understood some questions.

Olivia_H
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

30 Sep 2019, 2:20 pm

She's a child so I harbour no ill-will towards her. However, she's far too dramatic for my liking and I also feel as though her parents or whoever looks after her push her a lot. I think the "hype" surrounding her is just that...hype.

Gabriel5455
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

30 Sep 2019, 3:15 pm

Olivia_H I thought for this a moment, and you're right about his parents but she's a long time ahead. It's possible she's change some of his thoughts.

ltcvnzl
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2019, 5:57 pm

I like her, I like the dramatic/emotional/personal tone to it. I think it's very compelling, specially to mobilize young people – which I think is absolutely important. Still, there is a lot to develop on the international environmentalist discourse, it still comes from a very privileged perspective.

As I see you are too from Brazil, você chegou a acompanhar as greves do movimento secundarista em 2015/2016? Não sei o quanto isso teve repercussão fora de São Paulo. Tinha uns meninos bem novinhos lá que eram muito articulados politicamente.

I think teenagers will always have this revolutionary articulation to ask for change. I see this generation with hopeful eyes but it's important to see how it will unfold. Also, to not forgot how this discourse is paved by the fight of many others, now and before.

The Grand Inquisitor
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2019, 6:15 pm

EzraS wrote:
She's a bit too melodramatic for my taste.

I'll pose the same question here as I have in all the other Greta Thunberg threads; what changes do we need to make specifically? Others have said we need to do something. What specific somethings are those?

I'm assuming those saying we need to make changes and need to do something, know what the specific details are, how they are to be implemented, know the cause and effect of each etc.

I would agree with all of this. It's silly to propose that urgent change is necessary and not present ideas, or at least admit you have none, and if you have none, make way for people who actually do have ideas.

Greta's speech would have been a lot better if she had detailed the course of action necessary and explained the logistics, rather than scowling and basically repeating "how dare you" to a bunch of world leaders. That doesn't contribute much substance to the climate issue.

Gabriel5455
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

30 Sep 2019, 6:21 pm

Não, eu não tinha visto isso ainda! In that year I had 13 and I that year I didn't like to see news. But today I'm very connected and paying much attention for the news. I've seen the news about her last week and I'm very focused of her.

Gabriel5455
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

30 Sep 2019, 6:33 pm

The Grand Inquisitor yeah, she could have been more specific and with ideas that worked rather than questioning. But she was the only girl that had courage to talk about this, something I've never or rarely seen within the autistic spectrum.

Irimias
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

30 Sep 2019, 9:20 pm

I admire her passion. At her age i was never interested in world affairs, never mind go on strike from school in protest. That must take a lot of courage. I did some activism in my twenties and can recall how hopeless it all seemed when no one takes any notice of you but this just goes to show what can be achieved.