How do you feel about Cats and Dogs?

Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

How do you feel about cats and dogs? Pick all that apply.
Love dogs, own one 11%  11%  [ 7 ]
Love dogs, own more then one 2%  2%  [ 1 ]
Love dogs, don't own one 19%  19%  [ 12 ]
Tolerate dogs 13%  13%  [ 8 ]
Can't stand dogs 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Love cats, own one 16%  16%  [ 10 ]
Love cats, own more then one 10%  10%  [ 6 ]
Love cats, don't own one 19%  19%  [ 12 ]
Tolerate cats 6%  6%  [ 4 ]
Can't stand cats 5%  5%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 63

goldenstardust
Butterfly
Butterfly

30 Sep 2019, 10:38 pm

You can pick as many answers as apply and you can come back and revote if you change your mind or a dog or a cat will enter your life. :lol:

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2019, 10:40 am

I would say I generally like dogs (more than tolerate but not quite up to love), and I have a service dog. Most dogs are just too high-energy for me to keep up with, I'm lucky that I got one who's more laid back. I do love cats and also have one of them. I'm planning on getting two when/if I get settled into a place of my own.

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2019, 11:05 am

I love dogs.

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2019, 9:27 am

Cats are my favorite animals. I don't have any indoor cats now, just feral cats. I used to have both dogs and cats indoors, and loved them all, but cats will always be my favorites.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2019, 9:33 am

Dogs are okay, but cats are some of the nicest people I know!

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2019, 11:25 am

I had a cat give me such a glare the other day. There are these birds in a big cage near where I am, and it was hanging around outside of it.

BenderRodriguez
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2019, 11:41 am

Like dogs, love cats. I instinctively get along with cats better than with most people. They make great companions for insomniacs too.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

18 Oct 2019, 7:12 pm

I wouldn't say I love dogs but I like em a lot so I voted for Love dogs in the poll but I don't have one. I had a dog when I was a kid & another in my teens & early 20s. I also spent some time with my parents dog. They got her like 6 years ago after I move out. My girlfriend had a cat when we moved in together but got another one a while after our cat died. I like cats OK so I voted for Tolerate cats in the poll. I prefer dogs cuz they're more trainable & predictable & I find cats inconsistent. Some people say they dislike dogs cuz they're too needy but the cat we have now is underfoot a lot & I know not all dogs are so I think it depends on the dog & the cat.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Alterity
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2019, 11:35 pm

There are four cats in the household if that tells you anything. If it was affordable, there would probably be more.

I like dogs but not as much as cats. I prefer other people's dogs. Visit with them awhile then go home xD

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2020, 1:07 pm

I'm a cat person but I don't own one at present because I have pet rats.
I do like some dogs, mostly bigger dogs that only bark for a reason.

As a kid I used to have a fear of dogs because of the barking but I have overcome my fear.

But I still prefer cats to dogs.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2020, 5:14 pm

I'm somewhere between tolerating and liking dogs----getting close to liking them, actually. I used to have a quaking fear of all dogs.

If I see a kitten in the street, all alone, it would take a massive undertaking for me to resist taking this kitten home.

elbowgrease
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2020, 10:42 pm

Love both so much that I won't have either one, because I don't think it would be fair to me or to them.

Callafiriel
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

17 Mar 2020, 1:34 am

I love cats. I go into full autism happy mode with hand-flapping and uncontrolled squeeing whenever I see one. It can be quite embarassing. I am also unable to pass a cat on the street without petting and talking to it. Also, I remember much more to ask "How is your cat?" than to ask "How is your family?", and I much prefer to be shown pictures of their cats than pictures of their babies.

Unfortunately we don't have room for a cat in our flat, or rather for a litter box.

Dogs... well... I used to not like them so much but they've grown on me. I really love some of them now. Basically I love to look at cute (spitzes, collies, etc.), pretty (huskies, sighthounds, etc.) and funny looking dogs (corgies, labradoodles, etc.). But I mostly love to just look at them. I do not love so much being around them. And I have a big problem with dogs that drool a lot.

Borromeo
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2020, 10:47 am

I tolerate dogs; we have a very nice senior dog and I like her but do not generally like them. However, I am very fond of cats and would like to get a cat whenever I am out on my own.