Ex-cop Amber Guyger is found guilty of murder

Page 7 of 7 [ 110 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2019, 2:37 am

The conspiracy theory revolves around the highly unusual circumstances of both Botham Jean''s murder and the subsequent shooting of the only witness in the case Joshua Brown?

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2019, 3:35 am

cyberdad wrote:
The conspiracy theory revolves around the highly unusual circumstances of both Botham Jean''s murder and the subsequent shooting of the only witness in the case Joshua Brown?

That could be a revenge hit for his testimony. Or maybe it was a hit related to some other situation going on in his life. But at this point in time I think it definitely looks like a hit job.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2019, 3:48 am

EzraS wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
She's openly discussed her racism, how is it not relevant?

So what is the theory?

She decided to walk in to his apartment, shoot him because he was black, and then make up a story?

Or if the exact same scenario took place, except the person she thought was an intruder was white, she would have been okay with that?

She isn't a racist based on shooting this man.

She's a racist based on things that she has been documented saying and texting. You can find that content if you search for it. It was also referred to earlier in this thread.

vermontsavant wrote:
Racist text messages by Amber Guyger were read into evidence at her sentencing hearing today.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2019, 4:05 am

cyberdad wrote:
LoveNotHate wrote:
Mr. Jeans's apartment smelled of marijuana.
She says she told him to "Raise your hands".

She missed numerous signs indicating she was not on the right floor or at the right apartment the night of the shooting, a according to the prosecutor.

The fourth floor of the garage where she parked after her 13.5-hour shift was open air, unlike her parking area on the third floor, Jason Hermus, a prosecutor with the district attorney's office, told jurors.
She failed to notice a skylight, a neighbor's decorative planter, Jean's red doormat and differences in the hallways, Hermus said. Once she opened the door to Jean's apartment, he continued, she didn't notice other differences, including a missing table, clutter on the counter and the aroma of marijuana,

A reasonable person would know the smell of marijuana would trigger memory that it's not their apartment. It becomes like a bad Dave Chapelle joke that Jean Botham hung pictures of his family and decided to smoke marijuana when he was supposed to be robbing her apartment? her police instincts obviously never kicked in. The fact she couldn't find a light switch should have told her she was in the wrong apartment

LoveNotHate wrote:
It's possible the drug made him less able to follow her instructions.
She says he briskly approached her without raising his hands.
So, she fired.

As she was the only witness we have to take this at her word...

LoveNotHate wrote:
The lead investigator said in court that he didn't feel she was guilty of any crime.

He would obviously reverse that sentiment if it was his daughter shot by a black police officer in her own apartment.

Guyger was charged with culbable homicide

Prosecutors said it was “absurd” to believe the 31-year-old’s “commando-style” behaviour was reasonable, especially given her training as a police officer and status as a more than four-year veteran of the department.

They noted that Guyger failed to retreat and call for back-up, questioned the veracity of her claim to have given Jean verbal commands before firing, and pointed out that after calling 911 she appeared to provide only limited medical assistance as Jean, who was from St Lucia, lay dying from a chest wound.

Rather than feeling tired, prosecutors alleged, she was distracted because she had been “sexting” a colleague. Jean had a bright red mat in front of his door that ought to have been impossible to miss.

Maybe she did not think it odd about the smell of marijuana because her apartment smells of reefer all the time. If not reefer she had to have a lot of some substance in her.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2019, 4:13 am

I guess nobody thought to give her a drug test when she was taken in for questioning?

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2019, 4:16 am

cyberdad wrote:
I guess nobody thought to give her a drug test when she was taken in for questioning?

Didn't they drug test her victim instead?

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

EDGAR_54
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

07 Oct 2019, 4:21 am

cyberdad wrote:

This ^^^

They say she was on the phone when she drove into the wrong car park. (even that just sounds weird)

Was she blood tested for any substance? I'm not an expert in proceedings.
But how can any sober person, park their car, on the wrong floor, and enter an unfamiliar unit, all while apparently on "auto pilot" or "dazed from work?"

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2019, 4:49 am

funeralxempire wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

Didn't they drug test her victim instead?

I bet she sprinkled some crack on Botham...open and shut case Johnson

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2019, 4:54 am

EDGAR_54 wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

This ^^^

They say she was on the phone when she drove into the wrong car park. (even that just sounds weird)

But how can any sober person, park their car, on the wrong floor, and enter an unfamiliar unit, all while apparently on "auto pilot" or "dazed from work?"

I think this is quite plausible, only thing is...why didn't the defence attorney make a case for plausible deniability of blame based on Guyger being intoxicated?

EDGAR_54
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

07 Oct 2019, 5:25 am

cyberdad wrote:
EDGAR_54 wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

This ^^^

I think this is quite plausible, only thing is...why didn't the defence attorney make a case for plausible deniability of blame based on Guyger being intoxicated?

I've only read a few articles on this case. But there is something really off about it.

Primarily, it's an awful, terrible tragedy.

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2019, 5:29 am

cyberdad wrote:
EDGAR_54 wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

This ^^^

It's illegal to posses a firearm while intoxicated,so that would have been an admission of at least manslaughter

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2019, 2:17 am

vermontsavant wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
EDGAR_54 wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

This ^^^

It's illegal to posses a firearm while intoxicated,so that would have been an admission of at least manslaughter

Given she wasn't tested (and the dead victim was?) I guess we will never know

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2019, 6:18 am

Amber Guyger will be incarcerated at Mountain view facility in Texas,the same prison that houses the woman who killed singer Selena.

Persephone29
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2019, 6:25 am

^ good. I bet wandering into the wrong cell will cure whatever ails her.

Neurocognitive exam in May 2019, diagnosed with ASD, Asperger's type in June 2019.