Eating Red Meat Is Not Bad For You Anymore.

Page 1 of 2 [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2019, 5:02 am

This is sort of thing is one reason why I have limited faith in science.

"If you’re sick of being told that vegetarianism is the healthiest way to eat, here’s a new study for you. New nutrition recommendations published in the Annals of Internal Medicine say that red and processed meat is not bad for us, contradicting current guidelines."

https://www.refinery29.com/en-us/2019/1 ... -you-study

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2019, 6:16 am

I eat red meat all the time.

What does the most harm is our sedentary lifestyle, rather than eating things that are “bad” for you, per se.

Persephone29
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2019, 6:24 am

This is great to know, since I never changed my eating habits anyway.

When I found out how important fat was to developing brains of children, I started thinking about what I saw in nursing homes. Granted, brain changes come with old age. I made the decision that I'd rather live a shorter amount of time and keep my mind, then live till 90 and have everyone ready to kill me. That's what happened to my granddad. He was terrified of dying and this was back when they were saying red meat gave heart disease. My grandmother cooked healthy meals for him, he lived till 86 and ruined everyone's memory of him. He was brilliant, but in the end he slept 2 hours a day and saw to it that no one else slept either by eating his hearing aids, potpouri, vitamins, asking the same question 400 times/day, being nasty to my grandmother, etc. She died 2 days before him and ate what she wanted. And she was the best.

No thank you!

Neurocognitive exam in May 2019, diagnosed with ASD, Asperger's type in June 2019.

Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2019, 6:27 am

Great! Meat for the meat throne!

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2019, 6:58 am

Vegans are going to have a cow over this. Will probably insist it's a lot of bull and udderly ridiculous.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2019, 7:31 am

As usual the data is biased when it comes to meat.

The protein in red meat was never the issue, it was the saturated fats that are the primary cause of cancer. Secondly BBQ and roasting are known to make meat protein carcinogenic.

Third it's the volume, our ancestors scavenged meat before hunting, secondly after meat became important in our diets humans still lived only 30 years and died of non-diet related factors. One of the reasons diet related cancer is so prevalent after the 20th century is people lived longer so toxins from the thousands of kilos of meat we eat accumulate in our system for longer.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2019, 10:59 am

Way to ruin good news :x :skull: :jester:

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2019, 11:25 am

A Fact we have Canine Teeth, is really A great Clue that eating meat is okay.
A Fact that Humans and all Other Animals still for now are Classically evolved for Intermittent
Gratification means eating too much fat; like too much sugar; and pressing a Lever for Cocaine;
Not such a great Idea for Hairless Apes too; nor are unlimited Naked Women in Sexual Acts in
Unlimited View as the Mind cannot tell the View from the Real 'thing' From Puberty still unless
one has 'Zen Control' of Human Nature in Flow at that early of an age; in other words, if one
has Mastery over their own Generation and Flow of Neurohormones and Neurochemicals
through Bio-Feed back; too much is a Highway to Hell; Similarly, as not enough, overall;
Sure...
Love is
Like Oxygen
this way too;
no Thorns now
no Flowers for RiSinG Roses.
Honestly; look fully around; shouldn't
take a Rocket Scientist still now to 'see'
these Patterns as Rules In all of Nature;
Like Duh; i have Canine Teeth So Sue me
more if i eat too much Fatty Meat or i'll do it to me
without 'Zen' Brakes
and or
Tummy
Aches; our
Body Speaks
Loudest when we listen
and see it a bit more closely
than stuck between ears in Neo-Cortex Prison in Screen Life
munching away on Ice Cream, Cheetos, Lit Up Dopamine Screens; and such as that.

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick

Antrax
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2019, 11:37 am

Everything is bad for you if it you eat too much of it, fine if you eat in moderation. Vegans frequently suffer from malnutrition, because you have to be very careful about what you eat to get all the nutrients you need. Less of a problem these days as its become such a big thing and people are catering to it more.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2019, 11:47 am

I heard that Confucius said we should eat one third meat and two thirds vegetables.

Bobby_Byrd
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

06 Oct 2019, 12:21 am

It has come out that the head scientidt, Bradley C. Johnston, on the study had past ties to and money paid to him by the meat and processing industry, which he did not mention in the initial report. He followed the letter of the " law " - but perhaps not the spirit in his non disclosure of past connection with and money from the meat industry that stood to benefit from his positive opinion on red and processes meat. Source a New York Times story.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2019, 12:27 am

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2019, 12:39 am

Every single day meat products are recalled because they contain either listeria or E. coli. I'm getting too afraid to buy it anymore. :(

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2019, 12:44 am

Bobby_Byrd wrote:
It has come out that the head scientidt, Bradley C. Johnston, on the study had past ties to and money paid to him by the meat and processing industry, which he did not mention in the initial report. He followed the letter of the " law " - but perhaps not the spirit in his non disclosure of past connection with and money from the meat industry that stood to benefit from his positive opinion on red and processes meat. Source a New York Times story.

Not unlike climate skeptic scientists on the payroll of the petrochemical industry...

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2019, 8:42 am

cyberdad wrote:
Bobby_Byrd wrote:

Not unlike climate skeptic scientists on the payroll of the petrochemical industry...

According to the New York Times :lol:

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2019, 11:15 pm

I've always eaten red meat. I don't eat as much of it these days, because it costs so much.