I'm Pretty New On WrongPlanet, Starting Fresh

Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

MissIndependent
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

03 Oct 2019, 10:00 am

Hi!

I am quite new on WrongPlanet, and am looking to make friends. I have some significant struggles with ASD, with some self taught skills. I just arrived from the Northwest with little preparation and that shook me quite a bit. There is a stressful, chaotic event in my family with some dysfunction...I have been teaching myself coping skills.

Part of my family, whom is toxic to me, are the ones I live under for now. I am nearly 25 years old. I am striving to teach myself independent living skills, and get help. All calls to police have been not taken seriously as my aunt stepped in and has pretty much ensured that I don't come off as sounding like I know what I'm talking about. I am developing a few toxic habits myself and can't respond appropriately, though I do have high intelligence and have taught myself many skills. I am shy but advocating for myself is a big first step. I need to get resources because I keep getting empty promises, and am finally starting to suspect that there is no intention of support. I have tried multiple attempts at getting myself services in the past but I've been "rescued" by family. They act as if the world is an unsafe place and I know there is hope and resources.

The relative I moved down to is.....tricky. I'm never sure whether to trust her or not. She has family believing lies (or she's just lying to me) at which point, I've taken to the tough task of staying secretive of my communications. My Asperger's was self discovered and self advocated, family always knew but there was never a diagnosis. I've always had quirks.

I apologize if I am becoming pedantic, I am low on resources that are being controlled by family as far as looking for a job, etc. I need to get some resources to get me out of here. I've seen my relative destroy others' lives and I can't help but worry that I won't be believed. My ASD is used to gaslight me a ton and when I start crying from being taunted it's painted to make me look crazy. She is able to use her knowledge to get others thinking I have issues. I am terrified, I studied tons of psychology and I have little privacy, I need coping mechanisms and arizona resources, and a way to get an advocate. I'm looking everywhere for resources. A start. Ideas. I don't want to slander anyone, I just need help. I'm being bold, I won't back down. I have already checked and rechecked, documented, kept track to ensure I'm not going insane. I have people validating me, but no way they can help, though I am thankful for validation.

My speech is rushed and whatnot, I apologize, if she sees me typing she will pry and she's still home. I need a careful plan out and appreciate any advice.

Also, about me, I grew up loving tornadoes, and being a pedantic little talker. Overly honest with no filter.

I have my RITVO scale results and I just took the test again to be accurate. I, again, just moved with my non-legal "guardian" after trying to run away and start life. I'm 25 and a vulnerable adult. I will post upon request as I am unable to post links as a new user. I just need friends, a support system, resources....thank you.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2019, 10:42 am

Welcome to WrongPlanet

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2019, 11:02 am

Welcome. :)

Ashariel
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2019, 1:54 pm

Welcome, and I'm sorry to hear you're struggling with family issues, and getting your concerns taken seriously.

Have you made progress in finding local resources? I'd start with health insurance providers, city and/or county web sites, and NAMI, to see what programs exist in your area.

It's nice meeting you - best wishes in making steps toward independence!

Juliette
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2019, 4:08 pm

Hi and Welcome :) ! Good to have you with us. Behind you 100% on your quest for independence. Best thing I ever did, when I "plotted" my escape, and moved into my own apartment. Some of the best days I ever had ... All the best.

MissIndependent
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

04 Oct 2019, 4:52 am

Ashariel wrote:
Welcome, and I'm sorry to hear you're struggling with family issues, and getting your concerns taken seriously.

Have you made progress in finding local resources? I'd start with health insurance providers, city and/or county web sites, and NAMI, to see what programs exist in your area.

It's nice meeting you - best wishes in making steps toward independence!

Thank you so much, those are great resources to start with. I am making a list, I will start checking those out.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2019, 1:49 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet! :)

Peta
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

08 Oct 2019, 6:20 am

Welcome.

I know what feels like to not feel safe in own home and live with people who say you are crazy. You are more clever than me and determined I hope you find place where you feel safe and have freedom.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2019, 6:22 am

Welcome to WP!

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2019, 8:59 am

Welcome to Wrong Planet!

aquafelix
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2019, 8:01 am

Welcome

SharonB
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2019, 8:19 am

Welcome. My local ASD support group has tones of resources (I am using a few). When I search online for Arizona Asperger's support group, I readily find Meetup in Phoenix and a recent note "We have a group on here called “Awesome Aspie Ladies” that you can join~ we meet up for movies and food and such. You should come sometime!"

As you know, support is out there for you! Keep at it, you will do this!! !!

LJofusAustin9519
Butterfly
Butterfly

12 Oct 2019, 5:03 pm

Hello MissIndpendant I'm sorry to hear about your struggles. I happen to have background knowledge of psychology myself being a undergraduate psychology student. Feel free to reach out to me in the future you sound like a very interesting person.