Does drinking and partying make you fulfilled with life?

Page 2 of 2 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

renaeden
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2019, 4:08 am

It didn't for me. I was glad when I stopped going.

I used to go to raves rather than pubs and clubs - people there would take drugs instead of drink alcohol. I'd go with a particular friend I knew from school and her friends. Since I usually didn't take drugs, I'd be the designated driver.

But the music sounded the same, jumping around got boring and so I started saying no at invitations to raves.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2019, 8:03 am

Hmmm, I dunno. :lol: Most less modernized settings doesn't have much of such thing.
The closest would be, say, karaokes nights, crazy snacks and drinks than raves. These parties are very inclusive, very interactive and are very often can happen anywhere for whatsoever reason.
Done a few of these myself. If I were brave enough, I could've host or turn the whole thing in a different twist.

Sure, the first one and a few segment or so I can brag. But no life changing stuff, really. It's a moment of fulfillment alright -- but not a life fulfillment.

In a more modernized setting, however, it's more or less emphasized. They're just mimicking what many thinks as fulfilling or 'in', and therefore socially 'exclusive' (for, say, whatever people judges as 'for cool guys' or socialites), from the Western preferences.

Parties here are really meant for bonding, enjoyment, sharing and celebration. Not for merely beating one's own system senseless highs (unless you have issues of addiction, or issues you're trying to escape or let out) and dividing who's 'in' and who's 'out'.
The Western concept of party animal life myth also perpetuates in this culture modernized settings to some extent, no thanks to colonial mentality... :lol:

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2019, 10:06 pm

Only during Oktoberfest season. I can't be bothered with that lifestyle the other 11 months of the year, though. I'd rather stay away from that stuff.

QuantumChemist
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2019, 8:09 am

No, it does not based upon what my friends (who used to party) have said to me. It gets old and costs money to do. It seems that the grass is greener on the other side of the fence (partying), but alas it is just an illusion.

graceksjp
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2019, 11:54 am

As someone in college who goes to parties, let me to you- the answer is NO.
Parties like that arent actually for socializing. Everyone is pretty friendly once theyre drunk and going with friends isnt terribly different from going alone. Most people go to say weekend parties to get drunk or to screw or do both. When u go with friends u essentially just drink laugh and jump around and then either do something stupid or film someone doing something stupid. If u go alone ur probably not gonna end up alone by the end of the night. If ur really just a lone partier than u drink u dance and u have a good time but its not life fulfilling by any means.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2019, 11:56 am

They could be just the recipe for unprotected trouble......

Archmage Arcane
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

09 Oct 2019, 8:56 pm

No.

Canadian Penguin
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 Oct 2019, 11:26 pm

As a way to live your life, no.

Is it OK to drink and party every now and then? Sure.

I went to some parties when I was young, did a little drinking, and had some fun. But it wasn't all the time.

I stopped drinking at some point back then because I found that given enough sugar and caffeine and I'd get loopy enough and it was much cheaper.

I had more fun hanging out with a couple of friends, going out to dinner, relaxing at someone's house. I miss those times. Lately, I've just been feeling old and that life has passed me by and wish I could go back in time with today's wisdom.

y-pod
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2019, 12:56 am

I do like socializing at parties occasionally. Alcohol does nothing for me, though. If I drink more than one glass I just get cranky. The rest of my family seem to get instantly sleepy after just one drink and need to nap. So drinking is definitely not fun for us. If I want to be relaxed I can just have some chamomile tea. I suppose for some people alcohol can make them feel better about themselves. I'd rather feel better about myself through hard work and making myself a better person.

What fulfills me are other fun stuff, like reading books, playing video games, eating yummy food with family and friends, learning new skills, working really hard and achieving what I deserve...etc.