Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Sarahsmith
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2019, 3:59 pm

Every time I keep cleaning up rat crap from around the microwave someone keeps taking old stuff from a shelf with rat crap on it and putting it on top of the microwave. It could be the crazy guy that’s living here. It probably is but it could be someone else. I’m going to have to clean it up again. There’s this black stuff all around the microwave. It could be broken down rat crap. I’m going to suck it up with a vacuum. Then I’m going to spray the area with a mixture of soap vinegar and water. The lady that runs the soup kitchen where I eat said she would ask someone she knows if I could be their room mate. I’m on the wait list for independent living support and must have a place to myself if I want help. But I can’t wait. Most apartments are too expensive to live without a room mate so I should get a room mate to get out of this rat infested house with crazy people in it.

Sarahsmith
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2019, 4:32 pm

In the meantime I am dreading cleaning up that rat crap.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2019, 4:38 pm

They need training.

Borromeo
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2019, 4:44 pm

Oh dear!

Sarahsmith--I hope you can get that out of there and then get to a new place as soon as you can. That is horrible! Rats can make you very sick.

Put down traps and poison if you can afford the expense, but don't put too much into it--you will want to leave!

Let us know how this goes.

Sarahsmith
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2019, 5:39 pm

Thank you for the replies. We set traps but after a while they just ignore them. I asked the landlord to use poison but he never did. I’m looking for a way out of here but it’s hard since I can’t find any affordable housing. There is a low income buildings on my street but I’m scared to live there by myself.

Borromeo
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2019, 10:46 pm

Are there any updates, Sarahsmith?

Sarahsmith
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2019, 2:10 pm

The soup kitchen lady didnt say anything yet about the roommate thing. I asked my coordinater about getting into a group home sooner or getting independent living support sooner and she said there's no way to get it sooner.