Is it a myth or not that women dislike us?

Page 10 of 10 [ 153 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2019, 10:19 am

Fnord wrote:
Then ask your mum to explain to you what the signs of flirting really are.

I'll bet she can't.

Or won't.

She explained what the lady was doing to get my attraction. I was like "Did she? I didn't notice".

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2019, 10:22 am

I did once have a lady make it a bit more apparent. She grabbed my arm and put her arm around mine. Shame she was drunk. It was a complete stranger. The problem with drunk ladies is that when they are sober they change.... And I can't aford to keep them drunk to go out with them! Haha!

Sahn
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2019, 10:39 am

Teach51 wrote:
I would wager that some of you guys would not recognise that a girl was interested in you unless she did a lap dance with you adorned with flower stickers on her nip..s. I think that you need to start decoding women's verbal and non-verbal cues, and do what my aspie does which is match cues with an appropriate response and memorise them. invest all your resources in being better at reading the cues and asking questions , it's all about that. If you don't pick up a woman's flirting she will feel rejected and then it's all gone belly up. Bet you miss it all the time.

Nicely put! Likewise, if you repeatedly express interest with your body language but don't engage in conversation, it will have the same effect. If you super shy, it's better to present a friendly front rather than court intrigue.

So if you lack the courage to initiate a conversation, it's better not to signal interest by exchanging glances and smiles. Holding eye contact with a stranger for more than half a second, is signalling interest, looking at a stranger for more than a couple of seconds who hasn't shown interest in you is staring.

GiantHockeyFan
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2019, 10:44 am

Teach51 wrote:
I would wager that some of you guys would not recognise that a girl was interested in you unless she did a lap dance with you adorned with flower stickers on her nip..s.

Very true! I was so oblivious during my many years as a bachelor if I had a woman strip naked, throw herself at me and say she wanted to be taken NOW I would say something like "sure, I can take you wherever you need to be driven. I see you are in a rush but you should probably have that shower first since you are ready for it." I have been married for years and while I have gotten better I am still hopelessly oblivious when it comes to the missus. She told me I am probably on the spectrum before I even talked to her about it and I will bet it was because she googled my 'frustrating' behaviors.

I wish this forum would focus more an helping Aspie guys (or girls) recognize their own worth and the subtle signs of flirting to watch for and how to react accordingly rather than completely useless advice like "don't be desperate." or "women don't like virgins". I also wish I learned years ago that in most (but certainly not all) cases sexually aggressive women are dangerous and like it or not most good women will wait for you to be the "aggressor" and make the first big move. I naturally assumed that if a woman was interested she would flat out say it but I now realize that is rarely the case.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2019, 12:21 pm

Mountain Goat wrote:
I did once have a lady make it a bit more apparent. She grabbed my arm and put her arm around mine. Shame she was drunk. It was a complete stranger. The problem with drunk ladies is that when they are sober they change.... And I can't aford to keep them drunk to go out with them! Haha!
why not ? 8O
Obviously a cheapskate wrote this ! ......? Lolz
Written by a non drinker ..

where ever you go ,there you are

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2019, 12:29 pm

Jakki wrote:
Mountain Goat wrote:
why not ? 8O
Obviously a cheapskate wrote this ! ......? Lolz
Written by a non drinker ..

Crud , i realised the humour intended here might just go over someones head.
So please understand it " cheapskate " part was intended to juxtaposition the concept of a woman who wrote something like this who is a *non drinker, * *would probably , 100 % of the time been writtin in jest .

where ever you go ,there you are

Teach51
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2019, 12:37 pm

GiantHockeyFan wrote:
Teach51 wrote:
I would wager that some of you guys would not recognise that a girl was interested in you unless she did a lap dance with you adorned with flower stickers on her nip..s.

Very true! I was so oblivious during my many years as a bachelor if I had a woman strip naked, throw herself at me and say she wanted to be taken NOW I would say something like "sure, I can take you wherever you need to be driven. I see you are in a rush but you should probably have that shower first since you are ready for it." I have been married for years and while I have gotten better I am still hopelessly oblivious when it comes to the missus. She told me I am probably on the spectrum before I even talked to her about it and I will bet it was because she googled my 'frustrating' behaviors.

I wish this forum would focus more an helping Aspie guys (or girls) recognize their own worth and the subtle signs of flirting to watch for and how to react accordingly rather than completely useless advice like "don't be desperate." or "women don't like virgins". I also wish I learned years ago that in most (but certainly not all) cases sexually aggressive women are dangerous and like it or not most good women will wait for you to be the "aggressor" and make the first big move. I naturally assumed that if a woman was interested she would flat out say it but I now realize that is rarely the case.

I agree about staying clear of sexually agressive women, at least until you have become very sure of each other emotionally, to instigate a relationship like that a woman would be suspect. Nothing against sexually aggressive women per say.
Your example of the woman stripping off and saying "take me" and you saying "take you where?"had me on the floor and laughing with you it is just pure sweet cuteness.

BenderRodriguez
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2019, 2:28 pm

Speaking of (obsessively) programming and barely getting any sleep - domineekee, you're a remarkable person and I'm always glad to see your posts :) (please don't ask and yeah, I know I'm embarrassing myself and once again, I'm not a Mexican gay man - gtg now :lol: )

Sahn
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2019, 3:56 pm

BenderRodriguez wrote:
Speaking of (obsessively) programming and barely getting any sleep - domineekee, you're a remarkable person and I'm always glad to see your posts :) (please don't ask and yeah, I know I'm embarrassing myself and once again, I'm not a Mexican gay man - gtg now :lol: )

Same here, I like your posts too! It's nice to make a new friend. Thank you!